Breaking Bad vs Sopranos

This. . . right here;

This is the problem I have with nearly ALL TEE VEE, they do it for ALL for the profit, and not art. It is all so. . . ugggg.

I liked Game of Thrones, before it went off the rails. Before I ever watched it, I read all the books. You want to know WHY it went off the rails? Because the creator lost his focus and got greedy. That final season IS NOT based on any novel that he worked hard on plotting and writing years before hand. I wanted him to finish the book and publish before they went to film that season.

Find me a series that they plotted out the characters well before hand, and the series arc, well before it ever went to shooting, irrespective, of what the audience or advertisers want or desire. One that is not going to sell out for more seasons, just to cash in. Then I will spend my time on it.

When I was younger, with shallower emotions and limited intellect? Yeah, what those dramas do now, I could be entertained by. But meh, even the A-Team and that hokey show, The Visitors was cool But if I am going to waste time being entertained by something cheesy, it has to be really cheesy, I definitely prefer either a movie or a sit-com. These hack dramas just seem so intellectual trite, cliche' and shallow to me. The establishment subliminal propaganda messages they have package in them? Or the subversive social engineering agendas they are pushing? Just bore me TBH.

. . . I have to be honest. .. I only finished BB because I was running out of viewing choices at that particular time on Netflix. (I no longer sub to any streaming service, they are all rip-offs) I have no way to watch Sopranos for free, and there is certainly NO WAY I am paying for something like that. :lol:

They've run the Sopranos on free TV here several times. Eventually all the cable shows get sold to free TV, well, some of them anyway, depends on the subject matter; lots of channels and hence demand to fill air time. I doubt Hell On Wheels will make the cross over, or Weeds.

2 greatest shows of all time

Which do you prefer

I have to give the edge to BB as the show was more consistent with high quality episodes all the time
Decent shows but neither of them would qualify as greatest of all time.

What is better and why ??
BWE or Peeky

IMO Peaky Blinders is better. As for the why
th.jpg

Breaking Bad was an excellent TV show, but I have to say I’ve never once had the desire to rewatch it for some reason, and I usually rewatch shows I really like.

The Sopranos, while also excellent, wasn’t quite as well written or well acted as BB, but I’ve rewatched it.

Sometimes the better written show just isn’t as entertaining

Breaking Bad gets tremendous praise for a safe corporate story: a guy with cancer becomes a criminal to pay medical bills. It avoided riskier territory, such as action to reduce healthcare costs and seeking alternative treatment outside the healthcare racket.

Sopranos took one tiny dig at healthcare, when Tony gets a $2000 MRI and realizes that's a scam, so he wants in on that scam.

Breaking Bad gets tremendous praise for a safe corporate story: a guy with cancer becomes a criminal to pay medical bills. It avoided riskier territory, such as action to reduce healthcare costs and seeking alternative treatment outside the healthcare racket.

Sopranos took one tiny dig at healthcare, when Tony gets a $2000 MRI and realizes that's a scam, so he wants in on that scam.

Yes, because entertainment should be all about Teachable Moments featuring political left wing agendas as other stuff besides its real one, which is murdering babies, sexually mutilating children, killing Jews, and training young kids to let old faggots play around in their pants and butt rape them, all the stuff the left claims will lead to World Peace and free apartments.

Sometimes the better written show just isn’t as entertaining

True. I've got the Glenn Close and Patrick Stewart remake of The Lion In Winter in the dvd player now; same writer, same lines, different actors, and while fairly respectable, isn't near the fun the Hepburn/O'Toole version is. Glenn Close does a better job than I expected, but the others, especially the sons, don't carry their parts well at all. It would pass as a fair college play or summer theater in a small town, I guess.

Forum List

Back