Grover Norquist needs to go missing .....

If there is karmic justice in the world he will get crushed by a collapsing highway bridge or swept away in a flood of backed-up sewage from an antiquated badly neglected sewage system.

ah yes, the tolerant ones wishing people get crushed by bridges..

and then they accuse others of HATE and not caring about others..

I agree! Piss on the tolorant ones!!!! :clap2:

On what planet are you guys the tolerant ones?

Doe I left huggys quote out I was commenting to I think my bad. That was the funniest thing I've ever read - huggy mad at a threat to Soros. Huggy Soros wants to collapse us to a non super power, Obama's doing fine at it btw.

Last edited:
Not to disappoint CC

"What's wrong with Norquist"?

I know. I have a habit of asking logical questions.

No, you don't. Logic is alien to everything you post.

And yet six pages in and you can't really articulate a good reason the man should go missing or be killed.

I think grover needs to get more attention, I have no desire he go missing or be killed. I also believe you should be given as much attention as you desire.

If there is karmic justice in the world he will get crushed by a collapsing highway bridge or swept away in a flood of backed-up sewage from an antiquated badly neglected sewage system.

A bridge falling on their hero is the only way republicans would care that the country is crumbling.

A bridge falling on their hero is the only way republicans would care that the country is crumbling.

Which, of course, is why we have been constantly trying to get Democrats to cut spending. Because we aren't aware that our nation is crumbling.

And other than yourself, who is claiming he is a hero to anyone?

Not to disappoint CC

"What's wrong with Norquist"?

I know. I have a habit of asking logical questions.

Our representatives should keep themselves free to respond to facts on the ground. They should not make promises to an extremist like Norquist. Our elected officials need to get some balls and tell Norquist to stuff it. When I heard that Romney signed Norquist's pledge that was disturbing. If Obama had respect for the constitution, he'd have a chance with me because people like Norquist have such control over the right. It's moot since Obama has shown such disregard for the constitution, but it's galling to me nonetheless that even my preferred candidate kissed Norquist's ring. There could come a time when taxes must be raised for the good of the nation yet Republicans (a) will hold out too long for the sake of keeping that obnoxious pledge and (b) will have mud on their face when they finally give in. They could lose seats to Democrats because their promise and their promise-breaking will be used against them.

So he should go missing because he asks candidates to promise not to raise taxes?

The government already takes from 12-30% of our income (I'm being conservative). Why on earth should they take more?

And that's reasons for him to go missing? Sorry I just dont buy it. No one is being forced to sign anything

It is true. They had a choice. They could have done the honorable thing and not taken nonconstitutional oaths for the sake of a few extra votes. It's not Norquist's fault that people sold their soul to him. It's the fault of the people who made the promise. But if he went missing, it would be easier to sweep that oath on the rug and proceed in an open-minded manner so that we could have some solutions and not the incredible gridlock we now have.

I am a fan of gridlock to an extent. I don't want government getting in the way of job creation. But I'm not a fan of the kind of paralysis we've suffered with the latest Norquist-inspired games of chicken.

i dont see how it's unconstitutional to voluntarily bind oneself with an oath. Though personally, I dont make oaths for political reasons outside the oath I made to uphold the Constitution.

you people are becoming unhinged...

Which, of course, is why we have been constantly trying to get Democrats to cut spending. Because we aren't aware that our nation is crumbling.

He must be something big to get all those powerful people to sign an apparently binding oath to destroy the government, maybe hero is the wrong word, do you know a succinct term for a Machiavellian master of puppets? "Svengali" perhaps?

I do know Grover wants the government our founders left us dead.

he said that right out loud

He must be something big to get all those powerful people to sign an apparently binding oath to destroy the government, maybe hero is the wrong word, do you know a succinct term for a Machiavellian master of puppets? "Svengali" perhaps?

So signing an oath to cut spending and taxes is somehow legally binding and going to destroy the government?

You do realize that cutting spending and taxes is the only way we can save our Republic, dont you? You do realize that the consequences of the economic collapse that is coming will be catastrophic for us and the world.

And it's not like there arent already violent revolutionaries taking to the streets trying to overthrow the Republic.

oh the dramatics, that they and lot of TAXPAYERS want to cut this bloated out of control Government down to size...so because of that you all need to wish death upon them..And they pledged (not took a OATH to destroy the Government) to the PEOPLE THEY Represent who told them no more TAXES from us until you CUT the friggen Government...tough shit some of you don't like it

Last edited:
i dont see how it's unconstitutional to voluntarily bind oneself with an oath. Though personally, I dont make oaths for political reasons outside the oath I made to uphold the Constitution.

I said 'nonconstitutional', not 'unconstitutional'.

I meant apart from the constitution, not necessarily in violation of it.

I want my representatives to only have made the oath to uphold the Constitution. People who are willing to make other oaths need to be scrutinized closely and I would be inclined to reject them. However, when the choice is between (a) someone who has made an oath which could theoretically conflict with the job I would elect him to do and (b) someone who has actually violated the Constitution as the current resident of the White House has done, then I have to go with option (a), but I don't have to like that choice. And I still wish the person who has been orchestrating that travesty and threatening lawmakers who suggest they might cross him would go away some place where we can just forget about him and free ourselves up once again to find creative solutions to our profound problems.

Forum List

Back