Greenland close to unavoidable meltdown

Old Rocks knows there was no Medieval Warm Period because Mann proved there wasn't. Why are you trying to confuse him?

If the little ice age and med evil warm period Where caused by the sun...Then it was planet wide, but if it was caused by a shut down of the gulf stream or blocking-then the warmers could be right about it being just european and nothing more. Remember this is planet wide..Even Global warming has much of its warming within the arctic and very tiny amounts within the tropics. Only a few ways to warm a planet 1# Increase the stars output going to the planet, 2# change the reflectivity of the planet(less ice to reflect the energy back into space), 3# Increase green house gas to trap out going energy and cause a imbalance .

If it was our sun being super inactive, which I believe to be so...Then those periods could of been planet wide. If not then european event.

There is no question in my mind that they occurred. They are fact.

The MWP has been found in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, the islands of Polynesia, the Himalya, India, South America and every other place it has been looked for. the MWP and the LIA were not regional...they were global in extent.

There is no record of the MWP in the ice cores of the Himalayas.

A42D

You state that you attended the 2010 AGU Convention. Did you bother to attend any lectures? Dr. Thompson presented ice data from the Himalayas, Andes, Greenland, Antarctica, and New Guinea. You can see in the lecture there was no MWP signiture in either the Himalayan or New Guinea ice cores.

Soon and Balunas article on worldwide evidence of MWP and LIA
http://www.marshall.org/pdf/materials/132.pdf

a long and boring video lecture that shows what an asshole M Mann is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXm6vlyj-IE

Linked to the article. A non-peer reviewed journal with a political aim.

The journal Energy and Environment is a social science journal published by Multi-Science. The journal's editor is Sonja Boehmer-Christiansen, a reader in geography at the University of Hull in England and climate skeptic.

Energy and Environment is not carried in the ISI listing of peer-reviewed journals. Its peer review process has been widely criticised for allowing the publication of substandard papers.[1][2] Numerous climate skeptics and contrarians have published in the journal and these studies have later been quoted by Republican critics of global warming science such as Senator James Inhofe and Congressman Joe Barton.[1]

Climate change skeptics who have been published in this journal include Sallie Baliunas, Patrick Michaels, Ross McKitrick, Stephen McIntyre, Ian Castles, Roger Pielke Jr., Willie Soon, Madhav Khandekar, Craig Loehle, Steve McIntyre, and Indur Goklany.

The current editor of Energy and Environment Sonja Boehmer-Christiansen admits in an article published online that "the journal I edit has tried to keep this debate [climate scepticism] alive"[3] She also states elsewhere I'm following my political agenda -- a bit, anyway," ... "But isn't that the right of the editor?"[4]

First Compilation Of Tropical Ice Cores Shows Two Abrupt Global Climate Shifts -- One 5,000 Years Ago and One Currently Underway

FIRST COMPILATION OF TROPICAL ICE CORES SHOWS TWO ABRUPT GLOBAL CLIMATE SHIFTS – ONE 5,000 YEARS AGO AND ONE CURRENTLY UNDERWAY
COLUMBUS , Ohio – For the first time, glaciologists have combined and compared sets of ancient climate records trapped in ice cores from the South American Andes and the Asian Himalayas to paint a picture of how climate has changed – and is still changing – in the tropics.

Lonnie Thompson

Their conclusions mark a massive climate shift to a cooler regime that occurred just over 5,000 years ago, and a more recent reversal to a much warmer world within the last 50 years.

The evidence also suggests that most of the high-altitude glaciers in the planet's tropical regions will disappear in the near future. The paper is included in the current issue of the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Science.

First Compilation Of Tropical Ice Cores Shows Two Abrupt Global Climate Shifts -- One 5,000 Years Ago and One Currently Underway

We have a record going back 2,000 years and when you plot it out, you can see the Medieval Warm Period (MWP) and the Little Ice Age (LIA),” Thompson said. During the MWP, 700 to 1000 years ago, the climate warmed in some parts of the world. The MWP was followed by the LIA, a sudden onset of colder temperatures marked by advancing glaciers in Europe and North America .

“And in that same record, you can clearly see the 20th Century and the thing that stands out – whether you look at individual cores or the composite of all seven – is how unusually warm the last 50 years have been

If that happens it's going to suck for people alive in 2040.

Beyond that who among us is TRULY qualified to comment on the veractiy of their model?

No one of us, I think.

Well, did it suck for the people in Greenland when it was actuallty green?

We have a record going back 2,000 years and when you plot it out, you can see the Medieval Warm Period (MWP) and the Little Ice Age (LIA),” Thompson said. During the MWP, 700 to 1000 years ago, the climate warmed in some parts of the world. The MWP was followed by the LIA, a sudden onset of colder temperatures marked by advancing glaciers in Europe and North America .

“And in that same record, you can clearly see the 20th Century and the thing that stands out – whether you look at individual cores or the composite of all seven – is how unusually warm the last 50 years have been

Here's a wiki link for you. It only touches on the fact the MWP is worldwide. But touch it does.

Medieval Warm Period - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh my, Walleyes, I went directly to the geologists that have done the coring of the glaciers in the regions in question. And you went to Wiki.:lol::clap2:

Well, yes, I like Wiki also, but when possible, much better to go to the source. And the Thompson's are the source in this particular part of the debate.

Forum List

Back