Glen Beck

Yet he is intelligent enough to talk without swearing every

How is being intelligent and not swearing at all related?

Well, profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate. And one general uses the words one uses to convey a message and how well that message is conveyed as a measure for another's intelligence.

Of all the right wing talking heads, Glenn Beck is probably the one I hate the least.

That's not always true. Some people are just raised around people who swear a lot and to them the words are nothing special.

How is being intelligent and not swearing at all related?

Well, profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate. And one general uses the words one uses to convey a message and how well that message is conveyed as a measure for another's intelligence.

Of all the right wing talking heads, Glenn Beck is probably the one I hate the least.

That's not always true. Some people are just raised around people who swear a lot and to them the words are nothing special.

Wrong.

Swearing is the haven of the uninformed - a reactive ploy in the face of insecurity.

Now go fuck yourself.

Wrong.

Swearing is the haven of the uninformed - a reactive ploy in the face of insecurity.

Now go fuck yourself.
:lol: nice sarcasm

The other day I am cleaning up my library and came across Gordon Allport's 'The Nature of Prejudice,' while some of the terms are dated, it is over 50 years old, Glenn Beck can be found on many pages. The narrow minded moralism, the good-bad thinking, the certainty, the groupthink, and externalization that Beck demonstrates is clearly an example of the prejudiced mind/person. He is the personification of the agitator demagogue, a person who does not think deeply but quickly categorizes. Sad person, and sadder still he has a voice on a major TV network.

For any (conservative) wingnuts with an open mind I suggest. I realize that is an oxymoron.

Amazon.com: The Nature Of Prejudice: 25th Anniversary Edition: Gordon W. Allport: Books

TV Blowhard Barks at Iran: Let’s Hold CNN Accountable
The Mad Corporate World of Glenn Beck | CommonDreams.org
It's amazing to me that anyone falls for his performances. The fake shock, the fake tears ... give me a break.

My husband and I watch GB every day. I like him, passionate, family oriented, and a shit load of common sense. Common sense cannot be taught at a college, you have it or you don't.
Yes, the conservative drum beat .. higher education is baaad. They teach evolution, poisoning young minds who must be taught to believe in the talking snake theory of creation.

Beck is a fucking liar and a hypocrite.

Anyone remember what he did to Barbara Walters on the train? He LIED.

When taken to task on the View?

He was meek and apologized.

His show the next day?

He lied again.

My husband and I watch GB every day. I like him, passionate, family oriented, and a shit load of common sense. Common sense cannot be taught at a college, you have it or you don't.
Yes, the conservative drum beat .. higher education is baaad. They teach evolution, poisoning young minds who must be taught to believe in the talking snake theory of creation.

I think the point here is not higher education.................instead, it is the observation that common sense is something learned and imparted by experience, and seeking advice. not by reading a text book.

And also, as a proud conservative, I feel that lo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and behold!!!!!!!!!!!!!! college and higher education are just wonderful. I went to college. And cosmetology school. And my husband (more outspoken than I) is currently in college. So, sorry. Unfortunately, you might be stereotyping. Try again!!!!!!!!!!!

The other day I am cleaning up my library and came across Gordon Allport's 'The Nature of Prejudice,' while some of the terms are dated, it is over 50 years old, Glenn Beck can be found on many pages. The narrow minded moralism, the good-bad thinking, the certainty, the groupthink, and externalization that Beck demonstrates is clearly an example of the prejudiced mind/person. He is the personification of the agitator demagogue, a person who does not think deeply but quickly categorizes. Sad person, and sadder still he has a voice on a major TV network.

For any (conservative) wingnuts with an open mind I suggest. I realize that is an oxymoron.

Amazon.com: The Nature Of Prejudice: 25th Anniversary Edition: Gordon W. Allport: Books

It's amazing to me that anyone falls for his performances. The fake shock, the fake tears ... give me a break.

Lots of people fake lots of things...................tears, pain, shock, fear, etc.................... So I think that is a lame arguement.

Also, not just conservatives are prejudice......................lots of folks are, and probably will hesitate to admit it.................

I'm still on the fence re Glenn Beck. His scholarship seems to be pretty good, he's funny, he's smart, he's willing to tell it like it is, and that makes him fun to watch or listen to. But when he gets on one of his screeds about the total destruction of the economy and the demise of the Republic, he sounds a bit extreme.

He was so stifled (and buried) on CNN, that he didn't really have much chance to be himself. He hasn't been with Fox all that long, so I'll just keep tuning in once in awhile and enjoy his guest appearances on some of the other shows. He'll either win me over or he won't.

(P.S. Libertarians, especially the more conservative ones, aren't opposed to necessary laws to prevent our doing violence to each other. Libertarianism isn't synonymous with anarchy.)

I think Glenn is just right. He seems extreme maybe but only if your the kind of person who hasn't really stoped to see how bad it could get. I think he's just being realistic.

You people actually trust Beck?

What is there to trust about a failed Christian turned Mormon who is currently an alcoholic on a dry bender?

He's an alcoholic who's staying commited to not drinking, just like any alchoholic who is in recovery.

Staying committed? Ever heard of a "dry drunk"? Go to an AA meeting sometime and ask them about it.

Beck is a dry drunk, which means he's still got the behaviors that caused him to drink, but he's not drinking, he's taking it out on everyone else.

He lies quite a bit too.

Just the fact that recycled cabinboy dislikes him is reason enough for me to start watching Beck.

There are other reasons to tune in now and then. He is always entertaining--he doesn't run a dull show. I certainly don't always agree with him, but he rarely fails to make me laugh at least once and he usually is able to teach at least one new thing his listeners probably didn't know before. He also usually raises at least one issue sufficiently provocative to send folks scurrying to research it. Sometimes I find he doesn't have it exactly right. Usually he does though.

I can say with a great deal of confidence that those commenting unkindly about his personal life don't have a clue what they are talking about.

I find Glenn Beck to be very entertaining. I'm also a fan of conspiracy theories sometimes so that might explain why i think that.

You have to take some of what he says with a grain of salt though.

I'm just glad to see someone on FOX news with an opinion show that bashes Democrats AND Republicans equally.

"The one Thing" is Glenn hates ALL the politicians just like me, so I have a soft spot there ;).

Just the fact that recycled cabinboy dislikes him is reason enough for me to start watching Beck.

Well......it's a free country, but, for a n00b such as yourself to utilize such a shitty reason to get a lobotomy, well........kinda points to the insane amount of stupidity that you've got.

Did your parents have any children that lived?

Well......it's a free country, but, for a n00b such as yourself to utilize such a shitty reason to get a lobotomy, well........kinda points to the insane amount of stupidity that you've got.

n00b?
he's been here 2 years longer than you

yea lets all read what you think is a great mind opening book.....then we can all be as close minded as you are....more Neo-leftist BULLSHIT from Midcant...

It has been my experience that those who hold an opinion about somebody as negative as this:

"Glenn Beck can be found on many pages. The narrow minded moralism, the good-bad thinking, the certainty, the groupthink, and externalization that Beck demonstrates is clearly an example of the prejudiced mind/person"

is almost always an example of somebody who has been influenced by leftwing groupthink such as is found on various left leaning internet sites, but who has never listened to the show enough himself to grasp the flavor or content of it. If that were not true, I think much different imagery would have been used to criticize Glenn Beck.

n00b?
he's been here 2 years longer than you

Apparently, they are a n00b to thinking.............

Forum List

Back