Glen Beck

I'm not sure we are clear here on what I mean by groupthink. Beck's group is his audience, it is the 'welcome to my (our) world, glad you're here, and glad you too share my views, we will save the world.' All mountebanks use these cajoling tactics. His attitude is inclusive while his words are negative. Examples. He constantly uses number 8. He is the only one who sees things correctly; he needs to say it. Number 4 is a constant in his depiction of Islam. He uses numbers 1 and 3 all the time in his opening braggadocio, "I'm the only one who can say this" for example. Contrast Beck with the ideas of opposition to groupthink in the link. Limbaugh similarly exhibits this thinking. Call it what you want, the man is a quack, and I think, a somewhat dangerous and unstable quack.

Eight Main Symptoms of Group Think

1. Illusion of Invulnerability: Members ignore obvious danger, take extreme risk, and are overly optimistic.much like the blind Obama supporters who believe he is the second coming
2. Collective Rationalization: Members discredit and explain away warning contrary to group thinking.because anyone who views having people like Ayers or Wright as mentors has got to be wrong....
3. Illusion of Morality: Members believe their decisions are morally correct, ignoring the ethical consequences of their decisions.killing babies who survive botched abortions? listening to a "so called pastor" about how evil the white man is and damning America
4. Excessive Stereotyping:The group constructs negative stereotypes of rivals outside the group.Anyone who doesn't worship at the alter of Obama MUST be a racist...
5. Pressure for Conformity: Members pressure any in the group who express arguments against the group's stereotypes, illusions, or commitments, viewing such opposition as disloyalty.disent is suddenly unpatriotic, but it was fine when Bush was in office
6. Self-Censorship: Members withhold their dissenting views and counter-arguments.Ok I'll give you that one....they can't keep their mouths shut for anything other than when TOTUS makes another speech.
7. Illusion of Unanimity: Members perceive falsely that everyone agrees with the group's decision; silence is seen as consent.Obama fans forget that 48% of the country did NOT vote for the man....even more are against everything he stands for today
8. Mindguards: Some members appoint themselves to the role of protecting the group from adverse information that might threaten group complacency.kinda like ACORN and those black panthers that decided they needed to guard voting places and intimidate voters, or better yet register mickey mouse and the Dallas Cowboys to vote?

Sounds more like the mindset of the ever faithful Obama minions, who STILL think the man walks on water, and will now be paying their mortgage and car notes....oh wait...the rest of us WILL be doing that.

So far I see not a single argument against Glenn that comes from someone who has carefully watched, listened, and paid any attention to the fact that nearly every crisis that has hit our economy over the last 3 years, he predicted long before it happened.

Last edited:
Just like you pussed out of the bet, you're gonna show what an idiot and a wimp you truly are.

Nice.......

BTW......were you in the first class of the certified idiots Idiot Puberty?

What bet is that Rust-picker?

BE specific and do the best ya can to keep it 'real...' My Crystal ball which I've always used to decipher ethereal left-think is in the shop and this one's a rental, so I've no means to determine what fantasy you've concocted...

My husband and I watch GB every day. I like him, passionate, family oriented, and a shit load of common sense. Common sense cannot be taught at a college, you have it or you don't.

I don't watch every day but I used to see him every now and then when he was on CNN and I still occasionally catch his show now; more often when he is a guest on O'Reilly or some other program or Coast to Coast or whatever. Again, I don't always agree with him and I bet you don't either.

But common sense? Yes.
Extreme? Oh, maybe a little on an issue or two, and that is mostly for theatrical effect.
Group think? Not a chance. If that was the case, all those more conservative hosts wouldn't have him on as the opposing point of view as much as they do. :)
Unbalanced? No way.
Blindly partisan? I can't think of ANYBODY prominent in the news that he hasn't criticized about something.
Entertaining, informative, fun? Yes to all.

The mans an insane idiot just like rush
no, thats YOU

Well that's 7 pages of my life I will never get back. 7 pages of lefties and righties lobbing insults at each other, with barely a cogent argument in either direction. I came upon this thread because I googled Glen Beck. I live in Canada, I don't watch Fox News, but I have seen the parodies.

DECLARATION: I am a hard core Canadian lefty. So what. I go to work, pay my taxes, look after my family and don't claim any kind of victim status.

GLEN BECK? C'mon lefties, the guy is a recovering alcoholic, a passionate believer in what he thinks is right, and while in my opinion he is totally unhinged, my opinion doesn't matter. I looked at the 9 priniciples and 12 values or whatever. Other than "reverence" and "America is good" I agree with pretty much all of them. How they are actualized in everyday life is likely another story. Nobody is against "honesty" and no one should be against "humility." If liberals would humbly acknowledge the real value of real human values we would all be better off. I humbly submit that your new President might be just such a liberal. (But his communications department gets him off message alot). I'm sure there is a thread on that.

GLEN BECK? C'mon conservatives, doesn't he strike you as a completely unhinged human? Be honest with yourself. You trust HIM? I find that surprising and a little depressing. Live the values, be a good person, but find a more articulate and compelling spokesman.

GLEN BECK? I don't know yet, and I will watch some more, but I think like he is probably just as much of a total attention whore egomaniac as Rush Limbaugh or Michael Moore.

Don't pay attention to these kind of people. They are bad for you.

Love,

Your Reasonable Canadian Friend.

Last edited:
Well that's 7 pages of my life I will never get back. 7 pages of lefties and righties lobbing insults at each other, with barely a cogent argument in either direction. I came upon this thread because I googled Glen Beck. I live in Canada, I don't watch Fox News, but I have seen the parodies.

DECLARATION: I am a hard core Canadian lefty. So what. I go to work, pay my taxes, look after my family and don't claim any kind of victim status.

GLEN BECK? C'mon lefties, the guy is a recovering alcoholic, a passionate believer in what he thinks is right, and while in my opinion he is totally unhinged, my opinion doesn't matter. I looked at the 9 priniciples and 12 values or whatever. Other than "reverence" and "America is good" I agree with pretty much all of them. How they are actualized in everyday life is likely another story. Nobody is against "honesty" and no one should be against "humility." If liberals would humbly acknowledge the real value of real human values we would all be better off. I humbly submit that your new President might be just such a liberal. (But his communications department gets him off message alot). I'm sure there is a thread on that.

GLEN BECK? C'mon conservatives, doesn't he strike you as a completely unhinged human? Be honest with yourself. You trust HIM? I find that surprising and a little depressing. Live the values, be a good person, but find a more articulate and compelling spokesman.

GLEN BECK? I don't know yet, and I will watch some more, but I think like he is probably just as much of a total attention whore egomaniac as Rush Limbaugh or Michael Moore.

Love,

Nice post Kashish...Who the fuck are you to tell us who we should, and who we shouldn't watch? Your just a fuckin weasel from Canada, of all places. What makes you think your tripe carries any weight with anyone on this board? Now why don't you and Yukon get a room and become butt buddies?

Love,
Your not so reasonable American Friend

Love,

Yes I trust Glenn. I trust him with my life. I dont always agree with him. But I trust him. Ive seen no reason not to.

And lets be honest, Glenn isnt where he is today because he is unarticulate. The man is very articulate and well read. He knows things before others do.

Kash makes some valid points and I didn't have a problem with her post - EXCEPT - where she has relied on the 'parodies' or 'sound bites' or out-of-context quotes in order to form an opinion about Glenn Beck. You simply can't do that and be anywhere near accurate. Those of us who do watch Beck, at least occasionally, recognize those instances when he is over the top, but who among us who actually has convictions isn't over the top now and then?

We also occasionally disagree with him. But for the intellectually honest, it is quite apparent that the man does his homework and his opinions are not formed in a vacuum. You can learn a lot from listening and watching.

I'm not implying that you have done that, but it has occurred to me that it is dangerous to turn ones mind over to any other human, however, because we are all fallible. Rush Limbaugh is fallible. Sean Hannity is fallible. Keith Olberman is REALLY fallible. Obama, the annointed one, is fallible. And Glenn Beck is fallible. Some more fallible than others of course.

Love,

Yes I trust Glenn. I trust him with my life. I dont always agree with him. But I trust him. Ive seen no reason not to.

And lets be honest, Glenn isnt where he is today because he is unarticulate. The man is very articulate and well read. He knows things before others do.

Yes I trust Glenn. I trust him with my life

That statement alone is troubling...

BUT....??? Would you trust him with your kids?

How about Rush, Ann, Karl...or any clown in the neo con carosel you can think of.

Love,

pretty typical of a canadian,, only watching what the state spoon feeds em! :lol: can you say indoctrination?

You people actually trust Beck?

What is there to trust about a failed Christian turned Mormon who is currently an alcoholic on a dry bender?

Love,

Yes I trust Glenn. I trust him with my life

That statement alone is troubling...

BUT....??? Would you trust him with your kids?

How about Rush, Ann, Karl...or any clown in the neo con carosel you can think of.

Ah, you should also include the names of JFK, Truman, and many other historical Democrats who maintaiend relatively liberal social policies while embracing quite hawkish foreign policies - they too were "neo-conservatives". In the 1980's, Reagan-Democrats were considered complimentary to the neo-con philosophy. One could even argue with some semblance of justifiable faith, that the American neo-con actually represents a sizeable portion of the more broadly defined "independent" voter. That is is the traditional neo-con who most often decides our national election outcomes.

Look into the centuries-old use of that term - it is rather fascinating how it is deeply rooted in the American Democrat Party, while more recently being somewhat misplaced as simply a too-commonly used term for those supportive of the Iraq War.

You people actually trust Beck?

What is there to trust about a failed Christian turned Mormon who is currently an alcoholic on a dry bender?

Christ you finaly said something that made sense....It was worth the wait...good for you.

I hope you don't mind that I refer to you in the future as "HeyThereSailorBiker" I like it!

Last edited:
Listen dude.......just because you've been testing the waters by accusing me of being gay, DOES NOT MEAN that I'm gonna let you blow me.

Fuck off Mouth Hugger.

Listen dude.......just because you've been testing the waters by accusing me of being gay, DOES NOT MEAN that I'm gonna let you blow me.

Fuck off Mouth Hugger.

Ah man, doesn't that take us all back to a better time...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw]YouTube - In the Navy[/ame]

Fuck off Mouth Hugger.

Ah man, doesn't that take us all back to a better time...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw]YouTube - In the Navy[/ame]
damn, system wont let me rep anyone for a while, i will have to owe you one for that

Forum List

Back