Glen Beck

Discussion in 'Media' started by WillowTree, Mar 13, 2009.

1. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,769
    Today.. 5PM... "You Are NOt Alone." Should be good..

2. wimpy77

wimpy77 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    anybody who watches beck is as crazy as he is. that guy is a complete dumbass, the only person i watch on fox news atm is o'reilly.

3. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,769

well honey,, call me crazy! :lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. johnrocks

johnrocks Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Beck seems to be coming around, now if he will just stop cheerleading the liberal foreign policy, he'd be the best on TV.

5. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,769
    The 9-12 Project.

6. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    He says some good things, but I notice he only says "I'm a Libertarian..." right before he praises some kind of government control.

7. johnrocks

johnrocks Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +279
    lol, yeah I've noticed that over the past year or so.

8. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,473
    I'm still on the fence re Glenn Beck. His scholarship seems to be pretty good, he's funny, he's smart, he's willing to tell it like it is, and that makes him fun to watch or listen to. But when he gets on one of his screeds about the total destruction of the economy and the demise of the Republic, he sounds a bit extreme.

He was so stifled (and buried) on CNN, that he didn't really have much chance to be himself. He hasn't been with Fox all that long, so I'll just keep tuning in once in awhile and enjoy his guest appearances on some of the other shows. He'll either win me over or he won't.

(P.S. Libertarians, especially the more conservative ones, aren't opposed to necessary laws to prevent our doing violence to each other. Libertarianism isn't synonymous with anarchy.)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  9. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    No, we're not opposed to laws preventing violence, and we're certainly not all anarchists. But we do advocate that the government needs to get out of the business of regulating activities that do no harm to anybody else, such as smoking weed. After claiming he was a Libertarian, Glenn Beck went on to mock a guest he had on that was talking about the benefits of legalizing marijuana. He's better than some in the media, but he's definitely not a Libertarian.

10. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,473
    Well, I don't think all Democrats walk in lockstep with each other; I don't think all Republicans walk in lockstep with each other; and I don't expect all Libertarians to agree with me on every issue or point and i do consider myself more libertarian (little "L") than anything else. I would have to see a lot more evidence that legalizing pot would be an overall positive thing before agreeing that it should be legalized. The reason is that say alcohol clears the system within a specified number of hours making it simple to determine if a person is impaired by alcohol should it be necessary to know that. Marijuana stays in the system for up to 30 days or so making it extremely difficult to establish a deifnitive test to determine if a person is impaired.

So.......IF.....those who want to use marijuane legally are willing to turn in their drivers' licenses and refrain from using any dangerous tools or equipment of any kind, then I would agree to go ahead and legalize it.

For now, my guideline on that is the fact that most recovering addicts don't want any kind of recreational drugs legalized. That's good enough for me for now.