Giuliani Says ‘Truth Isn’t Truth’ in Defense of Trump’s Legal Strategy

Giuliani is saying that truth is subjective. It fits in with their fake news agenda, and that the only truth is theirs. Nixon already tried that. :biggrin:
someone's truth is always subjective. always. ever hear of a courtroom? jesus fn christ, you all are truly stupid fks.
I get what Giuliani is trying to say, but will that line of reasoning actually apply if two witnesses disagree and there is no evidence to move the needle in one direction or the other? I think what Giuliani is really worried about is that it is so easy to get Trump bullshitting. Just massage his ego or slightly criticize him and the old salesman bullshit will start flowing. I think that's what they're all worried about.

Giuliani is saying that truth is subjective. It fits in with their fake news agenda, and that the only truth is theirs. Nixon already tried that. :biggrin:
someone's truth is always subjective. always. ever hear of a courtroom? jesus fn christ, you all are truly stupid fks.
I get what Giuliani is trying to say, but will that line of reasoning actually apply if two witnesses disagree and there is no evidence to move the needle in one direction or the other? I think what Giuliani is really worried about is that it is so easy to get Trump bullshitting. Just massage his ego or slightly criticize him and the old salesman bullshit will start flowing. I think that's what they're all worried about.
You have to look at motive and credibility. Trumplethinskin loses on both.

Damn, my little ole post inspired all that. The propaganda is your pretense that a human has the ability to recall events perfectly and totally exclusive of any personal biases. That's bullshit propaganda, plain and simple.

As far as you definition number 3, professionally trained observers, like professional referees, often their observations of events are disputable and in fact are quite often overturned. But real life doesn't have instant replay to fall back on, if only memory is involved, it can and will be disputed.
2 paragraphs & 2 definitions is "all that" to you? Okay.

Your point about instant replay is a good one in my opinion. Why is what happens in a sporting event worthy of audio & video documentation and review yet what goes on in our government not?

I never stated that any of us have perfect recall but that's not what this is about. It's about an individual who is a habitual liar (Trump) contesting the word of a trained investigator and from all appearances, his attorney worrying that if Trump talks to Mueller not that he'll be trapped into commiting perjury, but that he'll say something stupid and incriminate himself. The first time I ever heard the term "plausible deniability" was in a movie in the context of withholding certain information form the President of the United States in order to create the impression of believability when the president denied any knowledge of whatever the subject matter was that was under discussion.

Do you not agree that Trump lies constantly? Or do you just not care that he does?

Until the media reported on Comey indicating that he does what we in the inustry refer to as a "brain dump" after the conclusion of his interviews I had no idea that was the FBI's procedure - to transfer what was stated during an investigative interviw into written notes for later inclusion in their written reports but it makes perfect sense even though it's imperfect when it comes to proving what was actually said.

See, was that so hard, you just summed up my argument in one simple phrase:
even though it's imperfect when it comes to proving what was actually said.
Imperfect is an understatement, how many time have their been reports of what was said in a meeting, only to have the reports debunked by others that were in attendance?

BTW speaking of brain dumps by trained investigators, the folks that interviewed Flynn, said they saw no intentional deception, yet Mueller chose to charge him. Is that the kind of imperfect system you want to bet your freedom or career on?

Never saw an attorney so afraid that his client will perjure himself

Giuliani is essentially saying......Don’t expect my client to tell the truth

By Melissa Gomez
Aug. 19, 2018

First, the facts were alternative, Kellyanne Conway, a counselor to President Trump, suggested last year.

And now, Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, said “Truth isn’t truth,” adding his own phrase to memorable — and sometimes head-scratching — comments made by those close to the president.

During an interview on Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” the show’s host, Chuck Todd, asked Mr. Giuliani about Donald F. McGahn II, the White House counsel, who The New York Times reported was cooperating extensively in the special counsel investigation.

Mr. Todd asked how Mr. Giuliani had responded to requests by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, to interview Mr. Trump and whether Mr. Giuliani had delayed the investigation.

Mr. Giuliani replied he would not be rushed into having Mr. Trump testify “so that he gets trapped into perjury.”

“And when you tell me that, ‘You know, he should testify because he’s going to tell the truth and he shouldn’t worry,’ well, that’s so silly because it’s somebody’s version of the truth. Not the truth,” Mr. Giuliani said.

“Truth is truth,” Mr. Todd insisted.

“No, it isn’t truth. Truth isn’t truth,” Mr. Giuliani said as Mr. Todd leaned his head onto his hand.

“Truth isn’t truth?” Mr. Todd asked, appearing stunned and at one point looking up. “This is going to become a bad meme.”

“Don’t do this to me,” Mr. Giuliani replied, his hand to his head, mimicking Mr. Todd. “Donald Trump says, ‘I didn’t talk about Flynn with Comey.’ Comey says, ‘You did talk about it.’ So tell me what the truth is.”
Translation: Liars gonna lie
The fact is the truth is objective. Go to court and tell your truth! It is amazing how fking ignorant the genius left truly are!. Hey stupid
The fact is the truth is objective
It is indeed objective.
Not subjective as Rudy suggests.
it's the same fking thing genius.

Hey stupid................objective and subjective are two different words with two different meanings. Here, let me help you out...................

objective
[uh b-jek-tiv]
See more synonyms for objective on Thesaurus.com
noun
  1. something that one's efforts or actions are intended to attain or accomplish; purpose; goal; target: the objective of a military attack; the objective of a fund-raising drive.
  2. Grammar.
    1. Also called objective case.(in English and some other languages) a case specialized for the use of a form as the object of a transitive verb or of a preposition, as him in The boy hit him, or me in He comes to me with his troubles.
    2. a word in that case.
  3. Also called object glass, object lens, objective lens. Optics. (in a telescope, microscope, camera, or other optical system) the lens or combination of lenses that first receives the rays from the object and forms the image in the focal plane of the eyepiece, as in a microscope, or on a plate or screen, as in a camera.
adjective
  1. being the object or goal of one's efforts or actions.
  2. not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased: an objective opinion.
  3. intent upon or dealing with things external to the mind rather than with thoughts or feelings, as a person or a book.
  4. being the object of perception or thought; belonging to the object of thought rather than to the thinking subject (opposed to subjective).
  5. of or relating to something that can be known, or to something that is an object or a part of an object; existing independent of thought or an observer as part of reality.

subjective
[suh b-jek-tiv]
See more synonyms for subjective on Thesaurus.com
adjective
  1. existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought (opposed to objective).
  2. pertaining to or characteristic of an individual; personal; individual: a subjective evaluation.
  3. placing excessive emphasis on one's own moods, attitudes, opinions, etc.; unduly egocentric.
  1. the critical study of the basic principles and concepts of a particular branch of knowledge, especially with a view to improving or reconstituting them: the philosophy of science.
  2. a system of principles for guidance in practical affairs.
  3. an attitude of rationality, patience, composure, and calm in the presence of troubles or annoyances.

Sorry dude...............but they don't mean the same thing. Dictionary.com is your friend when you don't know what words mean.

Giuliani is trying to make the truth a gray area open to interpretation

My client “believes” it is the truth

I also thought it was funny when Rudy said that they didn't know if the lawyer chick was Russian or not, because all they had was her name. Yeah...........sure.............nobody knew she was Russian until the meeting was held.

Rudy Giuliani's Sunday show appearance was a total disaster - CNNPolitics

RUDY GIULIANI: That was the original intention of the meeting. It turned out to be a meeting about another subject and it was not pursued at all. And, of course, any meeting with regard to getting information on your opponent is something any candidate's staff would take. If someone said, I have information about your opponent, you would take that meeting. If it happens to be a person with a Russian --
CHUCK TODD: From the Russian government?
RUDY GIULIANI: She didn't represent the Russian government, she's a private citizen. I don't even know if they knew she was Russian at the time. All they had was her name.

The fact is the truth is objective. Go to court and tell your truth! It is amazing how fking ignorant the genius left truly are!. Hey stupid
See this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. You're confusing your "opinion" with "truth" - they're not the same thing.

The fact is two people often have different interpretations of the same events. The more people involved the more stories you'll get, and everyone of them will swear they are telling the truth. Of course you folks know this, but it doesn't fit well with your propaganda. Eye witnesses very often get it wrong.

The fact is two people often have different interpretations of the same events. The more people involved the more stories you'll get, and everyone of them will swear they are telling the truth. Of course you folks know this, but it doesn't fit well with your propaganda. Eye witnesses very often get it wrong.

Rudy lied on MTP. Straight up lied.
No one in the Trump camp can
"misremember" what we all know.

On Jun 3, 2016, at 10:36 AM, Rob Goldstone wrote:

Good morning

Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.

Best

Rob Goldstone

---------------------------

On Jun 3, 2016, at 10:53, Donald Trump Jr. wrote:

Thanks Rob I appreciate that. I am on the road at the moment but perhaps I just speak to Emin first. Seems we have some time and if it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer. Could we do a call first thing next week when I am back?

Best,

Don

We all know now that Trump knew about this meeting before it occurred. We also know he wrote the bogus response.

"We all know"????????????????

Prove it. LMAO

"Beans! Beans! The musical fruit! The more you eat, the more you toot!"

The truth of the matter become entirely verifiable, virtually every day. . . .or every second of every day!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Great White Holy Father in Vatican has even heard of Jesus ben Joseph, Son of Mary, called "Oh Christ!" On that basis, little kids were let down(?)! Anyone can easily get to the concept, "Truth isn't Truth:" A liberal version!)

See this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. You're confusing your "opinion" with "truth" - they're not the same thing.

Good morning

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.

Best

Rob Goldstone

Thanks Rob I appreciate that. I am on the road at the moment but perhaps I just speak to Emin first. Seems we have some time and if it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer. Could we do a call first thing next week when I am back?

Best,

Don

We all know now that Trump knew about this meeting before it occurred. We also know he wrote the bogus response.

Prove it. LMAO

I just gave you the emails, dope.

Good morning

Best

Rob Goldstone

Best,

Don

Prove it. LMAO

And then you proceeded to make assumptions you can't prove.

I also thought it was funny when Rudy said that they didn't know if the lawyer chick was Russian or not, because all they had was her name. Yeah...........sure.............nobody knew she was Russian until the meeting was held.

RUDY GIULIANI: That was the original intention of the meeting. It turned out to be a meeting about another subject and it was not pursued at all. And, of course, any meeting with regard to getting information on your opponent is something any candidate's staff would take. If someone said, I have information about your opponent, you would take that meeting. If it happens to be a person with a Russian --
RUDY GIULIANI: She didn't represent the Russian government, she's a private citizen. I don't even know if they knew she was Russian at the time. All they had was her name.

How stupid is Trump and his top people that they don’t verify who they are taking a meeting with?

What if they turned out to be Russian spy’s?

Good morning

Best

Rob Goldstone

Best,

Don

Prove it. LMAO

Did you read my post, dope?

No one can "misremember" details about that meeting as Rudy suggested.

We know that's simply not true.

Good morning

Best

Rob Goldstone

Best,

Don

I saw nothing that stated he met with the crown prosecutor. which piece was that exactly?

I have a question for all you perfect regressives in this thread.

How many times have people attributed things to you, that you never said, on this very board?

How stupid is Trump and his top people that they don’t verify who they are taking a meeting with?

What if they turned out to be Russian spy’s?

Or lobbyist?

Good morning

Best

Rob Goldstone

Best,

Don

Prove it. LMAO

Did you read my post, dope?

No one can "misremember" details about that meeting as Rudy suggested.

We know that's simply not true.
we do how? the comment said talk not meet with. so again, what is it you think you got? see how the truth isn't the truth?

No, Trump either said it or he didn't. Black and white. So someone is simply lying. There aren't 2 truths to this story.
well if he said he didn't and you said he did, did he? fk are you leftists stupid as a box of rocks.

Liberal / Snowflake 'TRUTH':

'Hillary Will Win In A Landslide!'
- Almost Every Single Democrat / Snowflake

The 'Truth' is NOT the 'Truth': Donald trump defeated Hillary Clinton to become President.

----------------------

'Market Will Never Recover From Trump'
-- NY Times Paul Krugman

The 'Truth' is NOT the 'Truth': Stock Markets have hit record highs.

----------------------

'President Trump Ordered Flynn To Make Contact With The Russians.'
- ABC News Brian Ross

The 'Truth' is NOT the 'Truth': Ross later issued a clarification on “World News Tonight,” and ABC News followed up with a full apology for the “serious error,” which it said had not met the network’s editorial standards or vetting process. Ross was suspended from ABC News for four weeks as a result of his misreporting. Rosses LIE caused the stock market to take a temporary tumble....

----------------------

'Donald Trump and Donald trump Jr has access to hacked documents from Wikileaks.'
- CNN

The 'Truth' is NOT the 'Truth': The Washington Post revealed the discrepancy and CNN issued a prominently placed correction

----------------------

'President Trump removed a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. from the Oval Office'
- Zeke Miller, Time Magazine

The 'Truth' is NOT the 'Truth': Miller filed the report without doing any fact-checking....and quickly followed up with a RETRACTION.

----------------------

Washington Post Reporter Dan Weigel sent out a picture on Twitter and report saying Trump's Rally was EMPTY.

The 'Truth' is NOT the 'Truth': Weigel was bombarded with attacks for lying and issued a retraction 20 minutes later, claiming he was just 'joking'.

----------------------

'President Trump Over-feeds Fish'
- CNN

DISPROVED

'Anthony Scaramucci meeting with a Russian'
- CNN

RETRACTION

AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON.........

With Liberals and their surrogate attack squad - the propaganda-pushing media, the 'TRUTH' is NEVER 'the Truth'!

The "winners" of Trump’s fake news awards, annotated

Actual evidence is for suckers.

'We don't need no steenkeeng evidence!'

Trump is a traitor and Russian puppet because Obama, Hillary, Comey, and Mueller say so.

:p Bwuhahahahahahaha...........

View attachment 211632
"Actual evidence is for suckers..." . This gets better and better.
actual evidence is dossier vs, well........nothing. hmmm and trump is guilty, and not hitlery. can't make it up.

Forum List

Back