Giuliani Says ‘Truth Isn’t Truth’ in Defense of Trump’s Legal Strategy

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
By Melissa Gomez
Aug. 19, 2018

First, the facts were alternative, Kellyanne Conway, a counselor to President Trump, suggested last year.

And now, Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, said “Truth isn’t truth,” adding his own phrase to memorable — and sometimes head-scratching — comments made by those close to the president.

During an interview on Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” the show’s host, Chuck Todd, asked Mr. Giuliani about Donald F. McGahn II, the White House counsel, who The New York Times reported was cooperating extensively in the special counsel investigation.

Mr. Todd asked how Mr. Giuliani had responded to requests by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, to interview Mr. Trump and whether Mr. Giuliani had delayed the investigation.

Mr. Giuliani replied he would not be rushed into having Mr. Trump testify “so that he gets trapped into perjury.”

“And when you tell me that, ‘You know, he should testify because he’s going to tell the truth and he shouldn’t worry,’ well, that’s so silly because it’s somebody’s version of the truth. Not the truth,” Mr. Giuliani said.

“Truth is truth,” Mr. Todd insisted.

“No, it isn’t truth. Truth isn’t truth,” Mr. Giuliani said as Mr. Todd leaned his head onto his hand.

“Truth isn’t truth?” Mr. Todd asked, appearing stunned and at one point looking up. “This is going to become a bad meme.”

“Don’t do this to me,” Mr. Giuliani replied, his hand to his head, mimicking Mr. Todd. “Donald Trump says, ‘I didn’t talk about Flynn with Comey.’ Comey says, ‘You did talk about it.’ So tell me what the truth is.”
Translation: Liars gonna lie

I will be the first person to admit that people who refuse to confront & deal with reality baffle me. Trump and his people have thus far succeeded by crafting their own version of reality and I guess that works as long as you have enough money & power to isolate yourself and your facade from anything that threatens it. Trump is surrounded by individuals who apparently are paid to co-sign his lies.

I know attorneys are required to behave ethically but is it ethical to knowingly and willfully lie on behalf of your client - to investigators, to the court, etc?

Getting back to Gulliani's question if his client says he didn't do it and the investigator says he was there when he did, then it becomes a matter of who has more credibility and why, one would imagine, correct? You don't get "trapped" into committing perjury. Perjury requires knowingly making a false statement regarding a material issue.

Last edited:
By Melissa Gomez
Aug. 19, 2018

First, the facts were alternative, Kellyanne Conway, a counselor to President Trump, suggested last year.

And now, Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, said “Truth isn’t truth,” adding his own phrase to memorable — and sometimes head-scratching — comments made by those close to the president.

During an interview on Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” the show’s host, Chuck Todd, asked Mr. Giuliani about Donald F. McGahn II, the White House counsel, who The New York Times reported was cooperating extensively in the special counsel investigation.

Mr. Todd asked how Mr. Giuliani had responded to requests by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, to interview Mr. Trump and whether Mr. Giuliani had delayed the investigation.

Mr. Giuliani replied he would not be rushed into having Mr. Trump testify “so that he gets trapped into perjury.”

“And when you tell me that, ‘You know, he should testify because he’s going to tell the truth and he shouldn’t worry,’ well, that’s so silly because it’s somebody’s version of the truth. Not the truth,” Mr. Giuliani said.

“No, it isn’t truth. Truth isn’t truth,” Mr. Giuliani said as Mr. Todd leaned his head onto his hand.

“Truth isn’t truth?” Mr. Todd asked, appearing stunned and at one point looking up. “This is going to become a bad meme.”

“Don’t do this to me,” Mr. Giuliani replied, his hand to his head, mimicking Mr. Todd. “Donald Trump says, ‘I didn’t talk about Flynn with Comey.’ Comey says, ‘You did talk about it.’ So tell me what the truth is.”
The fact is the truth is objective. Go to court and tell your truth! It is amazing how fking ignorant the genius left truly are!. Hey stupid

By Melissa Gomez
Aug. 19, 2018

This is nothing short of incredible. This is Trump's lawyer? That says a lot about Trump.

The fact is the truth is objective.

That is a Trump fan talking. Now they are even questioning truth and reality.

They know their hero is going down. Mueller will probably be submitting his report within a few months.

They know their hero is going down. Mueller will probably be submitting his report within a few months.
I'm not so sure because then a lot of people would have to admit that they were wrong, they made mistakes, there could be liability or criminal convictions/prison sentences, etc.

I'd love to be proven wrong however. It would be a very pleasant surprise.

By Melissa Gomez
Aug. 19, 2018

Reminds me of George Costanza........Its not a lie if you believe it is true

Costanza.jpeg

The fact is the truth is objective.

That is a Trump fan talking. Now they are even questioning truth and reality.

I’m telling you something so over your head, you believe in something you have never seen. What a stupid fk.

I'm not so sure because then a lot of people would have to admit that they were wrong, they made mistakes, there could be liability or criminal convictions/prison sentences, etc.

I'd love to be proven wrong however. It would be a very pleasant surprise.
No one has to prove it. We know it. That’s the truth! :auiqs.jpg:

There is no such thing as a “perjury trap”. They only way you get caught in a perjury trap is if you lie.

If there are two witnesses who are giving contadictory testimony which man do you believe. The one who has a sterling reputation for honesty throughout his career, or the guy who lies 7 times a day about everything. Who had changed his story from “no collusion” to “yes there was collusion, but it’s not illegal”. Who has variously said “I know Vladimir Putin”. “I don’t know ANY Russians” and “None of my people met with any Russians”, and who is now saying “My son met with Russians to get dirt on Hillary Clinton from the Russian government but that’s not illegal”. He also seems to be pinning his hopes on “You can’t indict a sitting President” and “I can’t be subpoenaed”.

You cannot tell lies every day of your life to everyone you meet and expect anyone but an idiot to accept your word on faith alone.

There is no such thing as a “perjury trap”. They only way you get caught in a perjury trap is if you lie.

If there are two witnesses who are giving contadictory testimony which man do you believe. The one who has a sterling reputation for honesty throughout his career, or the guy who lies 7 times a day about everything. Who had changed his story from “no collusion” to “yes there was collusion, but it’s not illegal”. Who has variously said “I know Vladimir Putin”. “I don’t know ANY Russians” and “None of my people met with any Russians”, and who is now saying “My son met with Russians to get dirt on Hillary Clinton from the Russian government but that’s not illegal”. He also seems to be pinning his hopes on “You can’t indict a sitting President” and “I can’t be subpoenaed”.

You cannot tell lies every day of your life to everyone you meet and expect anyone but an idiot to accept your word on faith alone.
There is such as there is for anything

I seriously doubt the Trump administration even knows the difference anymore between the truth and a lie

By Melissa Gomez
Aug. 19, 2018

The fact is the truth is objective. Go to court and tell your truth! It is amazing how fking ignorant the genius left truly are!. Hey stupid
Trump gave you absolution. Nothing is your fault. All your problems can be blamed on the 'other'. The media, the corrupt Deep State, Muslims, Blacks, immigrants, China.

All you had to do in return is sell out every bit of ethical comportment you had. Alternative facts, truth isn't truth and hey presto! An Orange colored savior is calling the shots.

Now that you've laid aside what you know is right and wrong, after Trump, can you remember where you put it?

By Melissa Gomez
Aug. 19, 2018

Reminds me of George Costanza........Its not a lie if you believe it is true

Costanza.jpeg
And George is right! People can simply be wrong but not dishonest.

Just giving facts. Thanks for playing
So no "truth"? Now you're talking about "facts"?

Does he mean “facts” or “alternative facts”? Buts then today Giuliani said that “Facts are not facts”. It’s all so confusing.

It’s like being in Wonderland. Facts are not facts. Truth is a lie. The liars call the truth tellers “fake news”, and like that scene in 1984 the crowd picks up the “fake news” chant right on cue.

If you wrote a book using the story of the Trump Administration as the basis of your story, publishers would tell you that the plot is ridiculous and no one would ever fall for a guy like Trump. People would see right through. People are smarter than that. But as we can see, some are not.

Around here they’re aided and abetted by a number of Russian trolls who skew every poll listed and suppprt every lie that falls from Dumb Donald’s lip, making the foolish few who believe think their numbers are much larger than they are.

Forum List

Back