Giuliani Says ‘Truth Isn’t Truth’ in Defense of Trump’s Legal Strategy

And George is right! People can simply be wrong but not dishonest.
While that may be true, generally those types of people are not worried about being "trapped into committing perjury".

Think about former president George H.Bush compared to Trump. For some reason I can easily image Bush saying something and it being misconstrued however Trump is so duplicitous that it he said the sky was blue I'd have to verify that for myself before relying on him even when I know that the likilhood of it being true is almost 100%.

I think Trump and his administration don't just lie.

According to the book, "On Bullshit by Harry G. Frankfurt"

A lie is when you know the truth but say something contrary.
Bullshit is saying a falsehood, not knowing or caring what the truth actually is.

Bullshit describes a lot of what Trump's administration does. I think bullshit by a president is more pathological than simply lying.

The fact is the truth is objective. Go to court and tell your truth! It is amazing how fking ignorant the genius left truly are!. Hey stupid
See this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. You're confusing your "opinion" with "truth" - they're not the same thing.

The fact is two people often have different interpretations of the same events. The more people involved the more stories you'll get, and everyone of them will swear they are telling the truth. Of course you folks know this, but it doesn't fit well with your propaganda. Eye witnesses very often get it wrong.

By Melissa Gomez
Aug. 19, 2018

First, the facts were alternative, Kellyanne Conway, a counselor to President Trump, suggested last year.

And now, Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, said “Truth isn’t truth,” adding his own phrase to memorable — and sometimes head-scratching — comments made by those close to the president.

During an interview on Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” the show’s host, Chuck Todd, asked Mr. Giuliani about Donald F. McGahn II, the White House counsel, who The New York Times reported was cooperating extensively in the special counsel investigation.

Mr. Todd asked how Mr. Giuliani had responded to requests by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, to interview Mr. Trump and whether Mr. Giuliani had delayed the investigation.

Mr. Giuliani replied he would not be rushed into having Mr. Trump testify “so that he gets trapped into perjury.”

“And when you tell me that, ‘You know, he should testify because he’s going to tell the truth and he shouldn’t worry,’ well, that’s so silly because it’s somebody’s version of the truth. Not the truth,” Mr. Giuliani said.

“Truth is truth,” Mr. Todd insisted.

“No, it isn’t truth. Truth isn’t truth,” Mr. Giuliani said as Mr. Todd leaned his head onto his hand.

“Truth isn’t truth?” Mr. Todd asked, appearing stunned and at one point looking up. “This is going to become a bad meme.”

“Don’t do this to me,” Mr. Giuliani replied, his hand to his head, mimicking Mr. Todd. “Donald Trump says, ‘I didn’t talk about Flynn with Comey.’ Comey says, ‘You did talk about it.’ So tell me what the truth is.”
Translation: Liars gonna lie

How about you post a link to the article, and not commit copyright infringement, mkay?

By Melissa Gomez
Aug. 19, 2018

First, the facts were alternative, Kellyanne Conway, a counselor to President Trump, suggested last year.

And now, Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, said “Truth isn’t truth,” adding his own phrase to memorable — and sometimes head-scratching — comments made by those close to the president.

During an interview on Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” the show’s host, Chuck Todd, asked Mr. Giuliani about Donald F. McGahn II, the White House counsel, who The New York Times reported was cooperating extensively in the special counsel investigation.

Mr. Todd asked how Mr. Giuliani had responded to requests by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, to interview Mr. Trump and whether Mr. Giuliani had delayed the investigation.

Mr. Giuliani replied he would not be rushed into having Mr. Trump testify “so that he gets trapped into perjury.”

“And when you tell me that, ‘You know, he should testify because he’s going to tell the truth and he shouldn’t worry,’ well, that’s so silly because it’s somebody’s version of the truth. Not the truth,” Mr. Giuliani said.

“No, it isn’t truth. Truth isn’t truth,” Mr. Giuliani said as Mr. Todd leaned his head onto his hand.

“Truth isn’t truth?” Mr. Todd asked, appearing stunned and at one point looking up. “This is going to become a bad meme.”

“Don’t do this to me,” Mr. Giuliani replied, his hand to his head, mimicking Mr. Todd. “Donald Trump says, ‘I didn’t talk about Flynn with Comey.’ Comey says, ‘You did talk about it.’ So tell me what the truth is.”
"Truth isn't truth"...."alternative facts".....and the trumpanzees slurp it up.

By Melissa Gomez
Aug. 19, 2018

How about you post a link to the article, and not commit copyright infringement, mkay?
I'd love to post a link however I don't have an Edit button on this article for some reason although I was able to correct a couple of typos initially.

In any case the URL is Giuliani Says ‘Truth Isn’t Truth’ in Defense of Trump’s Legal Strategy and actually this is a good example of what I was asking. You implied that I committed copyright infringement, I disagree because I simply forgot to include the link. Since I "usually" include a link when I post threads and this can be verified by a quick perusal of my posting history I would expect that to allow others to draw the "correct" conclusion that I "probably" just forgot to include it "this" time instead of willfully committing copyright infringement.

I'm drawing conclusions regarding Trump based on what he "usually" does.

...The fact is the truth is objective. Go to court and tell your truth! It is amazing how fking ignorant the genius left truly are!. Hey stupid
What is truly amazing are the TrumpBots willing to provided 'cover' for a lying piece-of-$hit demagogue who is weakening the Republic.

By Melissa Gomez
Aug. 19, 2018

Reminds me of George Costanza........Its not a lie if you believe it is true

Costanza.jpeg
That’s pretty much what Giuliani said.

The fact is two people often have different interpretations of the same events. The more people involved the more stories you'll get, and everyone of them will swear they are telling the truth. Of course you folks know this, but it doesn't fit well with your propaganda. Eye witnesses very often get it wrong.
Propaganda:
information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.​

What about my comment do you consider misleading or biased? And while you are correct that two people often have different interpretations of the same events their perspective, interpretation or opinion on something doesn't necessarily equate to the truth of the matter. Note definition #3 below

Truth:
noun, plural truths [trooth z, trooths] /truðz, truθs/.
  1. the true or actual state of a matter: He tried to find out the truth.
  2. conformity with fact or reality; verity: the truth of a statement.
  3. a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like:
Trump is a habitual liar and often when confronted he merely changes what he claims he said even though in our modern age, there are often audio, video or Twitter tweets to the contrary. When did being truthful, honest and upfront about one's dealings become optional, in our legal system and in the administration of our government?

Propaganda:
information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.​

What about my comment do you consider misleading or biased? And while you are correct that two people often have different interpretations of the same events their perspective, interpretation or opinion on something doesn't necessarily equate to the truth of the matter. Note definition #3 below

Truth:
noun, plural truths [trooth z, trooths] /truðz, truθs/.
  1. the true or actual state of a matter: He tried to find out the truth.
  2. conformity with fact or reality; verity: the truth of a statement.
  3. a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like:
Trump is a habitual liar and often when confronted he merely changes what he claims he said even though in our modern age, there are often audio, video or Twitter tweets to the contrary. When did being truthful, honest and upfront about one's dealings become optional, in our legal system and in the administration of our government?

Damn, my little ole post inspired all that. The propaganda is your pretense that a human has the ability to recall events perfectly and totally exclusive of any personal biases. That's bullshit propaganda, plain and simple.

As far as you definition number 3, professionally trained observers, like professional referees, often their observations of events are disputable and in fact are quite often overturned. But real life doesn't have instant replay to fall back on, if only memory is involved, it can and will be disputed.

Damn, my little ole post inspired all that. The propaganda is your pretense that a human has the ability to recall events perfectly and totally exclusive of any personal biases. That's bullshit propaganda, plain and simple.

As far as you definition number 3, professionally trained observers, like professional referees, often their observations of events are disputable and in fact are quite often overturned. But real life doesn't have instant replay to fall back on, if only memory is involved, it can and will be disputed.
2 paragraphs & 2 definitions is "all that" to you? Okay.

Your point about instant replay is a good one in my opinion. Why is what happens in a sporting event worthy of audio & video documentation and review yet what goes on in our government not?

I never stated that any of us have perfect recall but that's not what this is about. It's about an individual who is a habitual liar (Trump) contesting the word of a trained investigator and from all appearances, his attorney worrying that if Trump talks to Mueller not that he'll be trapped into commiting perjury, but that he'll say something stupid and incriminate himself. The first time I ever heard the term "plausible deniability" was in a movie in the context of withholding certain information form the President of the United States in order to create the impression of believability when the president denied any knowledge of whatever the subject matter was that was under discussion.

Do you not agree that Trump lies constantly? Or do you just not care that he does?

Until the media reported on Comey indicating that he does what we in the inustry refer to as a "brain dump" after the conclusion of his interviews I had no idea that was the FBI's procedure - to transfer what was stated during an investigative interviw into written notes for later inclusion in their written reports but it makes perfect sense even though it's imperfect when it comes to proving what was actually said.

That’s pretty much what Giuliani said.
Isn't not being able to distinguish between reality and fantasy one of the symptoms of a mental disorder? Expecting people to allow you to pretend that things are one way when in fact they are the opposite such as "truth isn't truth", "alternative facts", "no collusion", then "okay yeah there was collusion but it's not illegal" are not just a few example of this?

By Melissa Gomez
Aug. 19, 2018

The fact is the truth is objective. Go to court and tell your truth! It is amazing how fking ignorant the genius left truly are!. Hey stupid

Typical Trumpbot post...full of anger and bile and only barely coherent.

Want to improve your posts drastically? Here is how.

Next time you type a reply...instead of typing with your fingers...just bash your fists on the keyboard.

I promise you the result will be an improvement on your average posts (that I have seen).

Have a nice day.

You implied that I committed copyright infringement, I disagree because I simply forgot to include the link. Since I "usually" include a link when I post threads and this can be verified by a quick perusal of my posting history I would expect that to allow others to draw the "correct" conclusion that I "probably" just forgot to include it "this" time instead of willfully committing copyright infringement.

No, you moron. It's copyright infringement because you reproduced somebody's work without permission from the copyright owner. Whether you also include a link does not cure the fact that you violated federal law. I told you to post a link next time in lieu of reproducing protected works in the future.

Just giving facts. Thanks for playing
So no "truth"? Now you're talking about "facts"?

Does he mean “facts” or “alternative facts”? Buts then today Giuliani said that “Facts are not facts”. It’s all so confusing.

It’s like being in Wonderland. Facts are not facts. Truth is a lie. The liars call the truth tellers “fake news”, and like that scene in 1984 the crowd picks up the “fake news” chant right on cue.

If you wrote a book using the story of the Trump Administration as the basis of your story, publishers would tell you that the plot is ridiculous and no one would ever fall for a guy like Trump. People would see right through. People are smarter than that. But as we can see, some are not.

Around here they’re aided and abetted by a number of Russian trolls who skew every poll listed and suppprt every lie that falls from Dumb Donald’s lip, making the foolish few who believe think their numbers are much larger than they are.
dudette, you need to watch a court preceding, obviously you have no idea what is a fact, the truth or anything. you are certainly one lost soul swimming in a fish bowl.

By Melissa Gomez
Aug. 19, 2018

I'd love to post a link however I don't have an Edit button on this article for some reason although I was able to correct a couple of typos initially.

In any case the URL is Giuliani Says ‘Truth Isn’t Truth’ in Defense of Trump’s Legal Strategy and actually this is a good example of what I was asking. You implied that I committed copyright infringement, I disagree because I simply forgot to include the link. Since I "usually" include a link when I post threads and this can be verified by a quick perusal of my posting history I would expect that to allow others to draw the "correct" conclusion that I "probably" just forgot to include it "this" time instead of willfully committing copyright infringement.

I'm drawing conclusions regarding Trump based on what he "usually" does.
so not about the truth. hmmmm seems normal from a leftist such as yourself.

Giuliani is saying that truth is subjective. It fits in with their fake news agenda, and that the only truth is theirs. Nixon already tried that. :biggrin:

By Melissa Gomez
Aug. 19, 2018

Typical Trumpbot post...full of anger and bile and only barely coherent.

Want to improve your posts drastically? Here is how.

Next time you type a reply...instead of typing with your fingers...just bash your fists on the keyboard.

I promise you the result will be an improvement on your average posts (that I have seen).

Have a nice day.
so another leftist who knows absolutely nothing about our judicial system. amazing. how the fk do people like you exist in society exactly?

Forum List

Back