Gender Gap Near Historic Highs

Small "l" libertarian please, I am perfectly fine with government, just not alot of it, and as local as allowed by the state and federal consitutions.

And you didnt really answer any of the statements I made.

No I didn't answer any of your statements. Had they been posted as questions I would point out the true cost of firearms to the nation in terms of blood and treasure; the cost to local communities in terms of health care for the working poor and indigent; and the idiocy of opposing taxes under all conditions.

So, as a small 'l' libertarian how do you differ from progressives? Do you have empathy for others or do you disdain those that need government aid? Do you believe CU v. FEC was really about freedom of speech or something else? Do you believe voter fraud is rampant or is the effort to weed it out a solution where no great problem exists. Do you believe government has a duty to protect its citizens from "Islamic Fascists" but not from dirty water, dirty air and tainted food?

First, if action has to be taken, it should be taken at the local level, and paid for by the people who want it implemented at the local level. Federal action should only be taken when interstate relations or issues are brought to the forefront.

Second, lets answer your questions one by one:

Federal level government aid should be the bare minimum to insure people do not starve or die of exposure. If the states want to do more, they should be able to do it. If this still isnt enough advocates should appeal to private citizens for donations.

Citizens united is based on the first amendment, never mind the whole people vs corporations thing. Corporations are made up of people, and you cannot take away their right to petition the government via electioneering just because you dont like thier position.

We dont know how bad voter fraud is, because there is no standard recordkeeping. Showing a photo ID with a unique document number is not an undue burden on the voting process

The federal goverment is responsible for protecting us from all enemies, both foreign and domestic. I actually agree an federal EPA is needed, and enviromental issues cross state lines. However the rules it implements must be vetted by congress, not made carte blanche by administration burecrats and political appointees.

why should local jurisdictions allow workplace discrimination? it's a FEDERAL issue, not state. i know the right loves when the 'states' have these things... just like they wanted the feds not to march black kids into southern schools or get rid of jim crow laws.

amazing how that works.

there is no voter fraud problem...

citizens united is a horrible decision...and any true libertarian would be appalled by it... just like any true libertarian would be affronted by government trying to monitor pregnancies.

Obama is fucking Lilly Ledbetter up the ass in the oval office, and women want to vote for him?
Obama's record on paying women White House aides not stellar - Washington Times
But President Obama's own record on closing the gender pay gap is less than stellar. Using late 2011 figures, the latest available at the time, The Washington Times earlier this year surveyed 121 White House employees who were paid at least $100,000 and found that 47 were women and 74 were men. That is only slightly better than in 2003, the third year of the Bush administration, when 39 of the top 121 employees were women.
Conservative....what you posted PROVES the Democrats pay women better....39 in bush admin paying over 100k for women and 47 in the Obama admin paying women over 100k is a HUGE INCREASE over the bush administration, NOT something small....it's a 20% INCREASE over the previous administration....why is the Washington times calling that miniscule????? A 20% increase is miniscule???? small? not much difference? cut me a break....it's a HUGE improvement....so your cut and paste does NOT prove the Obama admin is the "same" or 'little improvement' over the bush admin as you and the WT are trying to imply....well NOT if you know math...arithmetic..... 20% is a huge improvement, huge percentage increase in the number of women getting paid over 100k out of the 121 people making over 100k.

So, the fact women are STILL paid less than men in the Obama White House is lost on you? Wow.

Show me where I said anything other than 'the Obama White House pays women less than men'. Of course it's an improvement over Bush, but THAT was not the point. The POINT, is that Obama pays women LESS than he pays men for the same job.

You are being willfully ignorant if you do not see that.

Gender gaps aren't supposed to happen during a democrat administration and neither are rapes and sodomy and sexual harassment but that's what you get when the liberal male dominated media doesn't give a shit.

Obama is fucking Lilly Ledbetter up the ass in the oval office, and women want to vote for him?
But President Obama's own record on closing the gender pay gap is less than stellar. Using late 2011 figures, the latest available at the time, The Washington Times earlier this year surveyed 121 White House employees who were paid at least $100,000 and found that 47 were women and 74 were men. That is only slightly better than in 2003, the third year of the Bush administration, when 39 of the top 121 employees were women.
Conservative....what you posted PROVES the Democrats pay women better....39 in bush admin paying over 100k for women and 47 in the Obama admin paying women over 100k is a HUGE INCREASE over the bush administration, NOT something small....it's a 20% INCREASE over the previous administration....why is the Washington times calling that miniscule????? A 20% increase is miniscule???? small? not much difference? cut me a break....it's a HUGE improvement....so your cut and paste does NOT prove the Obama admin is the "same" or 'little improvement' over the bush admin as you and the WT are trying to imply....well NOT if you know math...arithmetic..... 20% is a huge improvement, huge percentage increase in the number of women getting paid over 100k out of the 121 people making over 100k.

er...what is ... because the wash times is a bunch of lying wackos?????

did i get the right answer, alex?

Obama's policies are creating a bigger gap for women. The ones that used to have jobs to the ones that lost their jobs and are currently looking.

That stat should get looked at more: Blacks, Latinos, the Youth and WOMEN of EVERY RACE, have been impacted much more by Obama's non-sense economic plan

see what misogyny gets you....

If only women voted, President Obama would be on track for a landslide re-election, equaling or exceeding his margin of victory over John McCain in 2008. Mr. Obama would be an overwhelming favorite in Ohio, Florida, Virginia and most every other place that is conventionally considered a swing state. The only question would be whether he could forge ahead into traditionally red states, like Georgia, Montana and Arizona.

If only men voted, Mr. Obama would be biding his time until a crushing defeat at the hands of Mitt Romney, who might win by a similar margin to the one Ronald Reagan realized over Jimmy Carter in 1980. Only California, Illinois, Hawaii and a few states in the Northeast could be considered safely Democratic. Every other state would lean red, or would at least be a toss-up.

Although polls disagree on the exact magnitude of the gender gap (and a couple of recent ones seemed to show Mitt Romney eliminating the president’s advantage with women voters), the consensus of surveys points to a large one this year — rivaling the biggest from past elections.

'Gender Gap' Near Historic Highs - NYTimes.com

Obama's policies are creating a bigger gap for women. The ones that used to have jobs to the ones that lost their jobs and are currently looking.

That stat should get looked at more: Blacks, Latinos, the Youth and WOMEN of EVERY RACE, have been impacted much more by Obama's non-sense economic plan

what a bunch of nonsense.... but nice posting of rightwing talking points.

i'm telling your wife on you.

i do recognize the gap on the other side. it's because middle aged and old white men feel threatened by women having power over their economic and physical lives. women are historically more liberal and believe government has an important role in making life better for the populace...

and mostly...we don't want some old white man in congress trying to humiliate us with unnecessary vaginal ultrasounds or having to ask an employer for permission to have our health insurance cover prescrption meds.

see how that works...

oh yeah...we tend not to like unnecessary wars.

Well now we see where the term "nanny state" came from.

i don't know about 'nanny state', but it's probably true that women are more civilized, generally, than men who want to solve problems by showing how big their....

weapons...

are.

Talk about a sexist statement. I guess equality really is on the march if a woman such as yourself can come up with such a supremicists style statement.

It reminds me of the last line of Animal Farm:

"Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

er...what is ... because the wash times is a bunch of lying wackos?????

did i get the right answer, alex?

And the other 4 or 5 sources I posted, they are all whackos or liars too???

Last edited:
No I didn't answer any of your statements. Had they been posted as questions I would point out the true cost of firearms to the nation in terms of blood and treasure; the cost to local communities in terms of health care for the working poor and indigent; and the idiocy of opposing taxes under all conditions.

So, as a small 'l' libertarian how do you differ from progressives? Do you have empathy for others or do you disdain those that need government aid? Do you believe CU v. FEC was really about freedom of speech or something else? Do you believe voter fraud is rampant or is the effort to weed it out a solution where no great problem exists. Do you believe government has a duty to protect its citizens from "Islamic Fascists" but not from dirty water, dirty air and tainted food?

First, if action has to be taken, it should be taken at the local level, and paid for by the people who want it implemented at the local level. Federal action should only be taken when interstate relations or issues are brought to the forefront.

Second, lets answer your questions one by one:

Federal level government aid should be the bare minimum to insure people do not starve or die of exposure. If the states want to do more, they should be able to do it. If this still isnt enough advocates should appeal to private citizens for donations.

Citizens united is based on the first amendment, never mind the whole people vs corporations thing. Corporations are made up of people, and you cannot take away their right to petition the government via electioneering just because you dont like thier position.

We dont know how bad voter fraud is, because there is no standard recordkeeping. Showing a photo ID with a unique document number is not an undue burden on the voting process

The federal goverment is responsible for protecting us from all enemies, both foreign and domestic. I actually agree an federal EPA is needed, and enviromental issues cross state lines. However the rules it implements must be vetted by congress, not made carte blanche by administration burecrats and political appointees.

why should local jurisdictions allow workplace discrimination? it's a FEDERAL issue, not state. i know the right loves when the 'states' have these things... just like they wanted the feds not to march black kids into southern schools or get rid of jim crow laws.

amazing how that works.

there is no voter fraud problem...

citizens united is a horrible decision...and any true libertarian would be appalled by it... just like any true libertarian would be affronted by government trying to monitor pregnancies.

Why should a business owner give up his freedom of association just because he wants to make a living? Note I only apply this to non governmental operations, and those that do not take part in interstate commerce.

So, I post the exact same information from multiple sources, INCLUDING the libtards favorite source HUFF PO... and Jillian disappears. typical.

you mean i went to work?

really? you're whining because i went to work? lol.

i haven't seen anything saying men were paid more for the same work.

i'm sorry that you're angry...rightwingnuts tend to do that when they don't like the topic.

again...back to the reality...we're still waiting for mittens to say he believes in equal pay for equal work.

he never did say that... but he talked a lot about flex time.... which in this day and age should be a more gender-neutral issue.

I don't think Mitt needs to respond.

Repeating your silly talking-points is for suckers anyway.......

Women in Obama White House earn less than men, amid 'equal pay' debate | Fox News

Women make 18% less then men in Obama's white house....Only ignorant women would vote for the sexist.

Yeah, amnesia comes when this fact is pointed out. They look the other way...just like giving him a pass on the bengazi attack. They definitely are transparent.

It's a fact without context (or proof that it is true), something even you must understand.

The information in the article came directly from the White House. Are you calling THEM liars?

Here's a few more sources, including Investors Business Daily, etc.

Everyone is lying???

No Equal Pay For Women In White House Despite Ledbetter Law - Investors.com
Women paid significantly less in Obama White House than their male counterparts | Mail Online
War? Obama White House Pays Women Less Than Men - President Obama - Fox Nation

So, I post the exact same information from multiple sources... and Jillian disappears. typical.

you mean i went to work?

really? you're whining because i went to work? lol.

i haven't seen anything saying men were paid more for the same work.

i'm sorry that you're angry...rightwingnuts tend to do that when they don't like the topic.

again...back to the reality...we're still waiting for mittens to say he believes in equal pay for equal work.

he never did say that... but he talked a lot about flex time.... which in this day and age should be a more gender-neutral issue.

then you didn't read any of the links...

3rd link...
The hefty salaries, like Ms Jarrett's, were not the norm, however, as the median salary for women in the White House is $60,000 which is 18 per cent less than their male peers whose median salary was $71,000.

Should I post a link to the definition of the word PEER?

Last edited:

Well, he was quoting the Washington Times who has a record of lying.

Well now we see where the term "nanny state" came from.

i don't know about 'nanny state', but it's probably true that women are more civilized, generally, than men who want to solve problems by showing how big their....

weapons...

are.

Talk about a sexist statement. I guess equality really is on the march if a woman such as yourself can come up with such a supremicists style statement.

It reminds me of the last line of Animal Farm:

"Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

So you don't think that women are more civilized than men that want to show how big their weapons are???

Forum List

Back