Gender Gap Near Historic Highs

Obama is fucking Lilly Ledbetter up the ass in the oval office, and women want to vote for him?
Obama's record on paying women White House aides not stellar - Washington Times
Conservative....what you posted PROVES the Democrats pay women better....39 in bush admin paying over 100k for women and 47 in the Obama admin paying women over 100k is a HUGE INCREASE over the bush administration, NOT something small....it's a 20% INCREASE over the previous administration....why is the Washington times calling that miniscule????? A 20% increase is miniscule???? small? not much difference? cut me a break....it's a HUGE improvement....so your cut and paste does NOT prove the Obama admin is the "same" or 'little improvement' over the bush admin as you and the WT are trying to imply....well NOT if you know math...arithmetic..... 20% is a huge improvement, huge percentage increase in the number of women getting paid over 100k out of the 121 people making over 100k.

Well, he was quoting the Washington Times who has a record of lying.

And was HuffPO lying? The other sources? All liars???

:rolleyes:

So, I post the exact same information from multiple sources, INCLUDING the libtards favorite source HUFF PO... and Jillian disappears. typical.

you mean i went to work?

really? you're whining because i went to work? lol.

i haven't seen anything saying men were paid more for the same work.

i'm sorry that you're angry...rightwingnuts tend to do that when they don't like the topic.

again...back to the reality...we're still waiting for mittens to say he believes in equal pay for equal work.

he never did say that... but he talked a lot about flex time.... which in this day and age should be a more gender-neutral issue.

then you didn't read any of the links...

3rd link...
The hefty salaries, like Ms Jarrett's, were not the norm, however, as the median salary for women in the White House is $60,000 which is 18 per cent less than their male peers whose median salary was $71,000.

Should I post a link to the definition of the word PEER?

If by peer you mean a person of the same legal status, then you must have evidence that White House Employees paid differently have the same duties, responsibilities, number of subordinates, education and experience. Then prove that such "peers' are paid differently. Post the evidence and not an editorial from Faux News or the Washington Times.

Last edited:
So, I post the exact same information from multiple sources, INCLUDING the libtards favorite source HUFF PO... and Jillian disappears. typical.

you mean i went to work?

i'm sorry that you're angry...rightwingnuts tend to do that when they don't like the topic.

again...back to the reality...we're still waiting for mittens to say he believes in equal pay for equal work.

he never did say that... but he talked a lot about flex time.... which in this day and age should be a more gender-neutral issue.

3rd link...
The hefty salaries, like Ms Jarrett's, were not the norm, however, as the median salary for women in the White House is $60,000 which is 18 per cent less than their male peers whose median salary was $71,000.

should i post one to the definition of median?

you mean i went to work?

3rd link...

should i post one to the definition of median?

i think you might have to.

because it sure as heck doesn't say men and women were paid differently for the same job....

which is why washtimes is a bunch of....

malarkey. :D

Last edited:
No Equal Pay For Women In White House Despite Ledbetter Law - Investors.com
During the 2008 campaign, columnist Deroy Murdock wrote that female staffers in Obama's U.S. Senate office were also shortchanged. "Obama's average male employee earned $54,397," Murdock inferred from Senate salary records. But the future president's "30 female employees (earned) $45,152, on average."

Defining what constitutes "equal work" is subjective, and part of the difference above may be explained by the fact that only one of Sen. Obama's top five staffers was a woman and only seven among his top 20.

Which raises another question for the champion of women's rights.

Journalist Ron Suskind, author of "Confidence Men: Wall Street, Washington and the Education of a President," has a recorded interview with former White House communications director and Mao Tse-tung fan Anita Dunn in which she complained Obama's White House was a hostile work environment for women.

"I remember once I told Valerie (Jarrett) that, I said if it weren't for the president, this place would be in court for a hostile workplace," Dunn told Suskind. "Because it actually fit all of the classic legal requirements for a genuinely hostile workplace to women."

While President Obama champions women's rights to which Republicans are supposedly hostile, Lilly Ledbetter herself might have found his White House an unfair and hostile work environment where the boss needs to practice what he preaches.

i don't know about 'nanny state', but it's probably true that women are more civilized, generally, than men who want to solve problems by showing how big their....

weapons...

are.

Talk about a sexist statement. I guess equality really is on the march if a woman such as yourself can come up with such a supremicists style statement.

It reminds me of the last line of Animal Farm:

"Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

So you don't think that women are more civilized than men that want to show how big their weapons are???

I think the entire statement is moronic.

i don't know about 'nanny state', but it's probably true that women are more civilized, generally, than men who want to solve problems by showing how big their....

weapons...

are.

Talk about a sexist statement. I guess equality really is on the march if a woman such as yourself can come up with such a supremicists style statement.

"Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

So you don't think that women are more civilized than men that want to show how big their weapons are???

Women who believe that they can get an advantage by showing their tits is pretty much the same as men who want to show how big their weapons are.

You didn't answer my question, not that I'm surprised.

you mean i went to work?

3rd link...

If by peer you mean a person of the same legal status, then you must have evidence that White House Employees paid differently have the same duties, responsibilities, number of subordinates, education and experience. Then prove that such "peers' are paid differently. Post the evidence and not an editorial from Faux News or the Washington Times.

This is exactly what I'd been thinking ever since I heard this talking point uttered. Just because several news outlets have once again MIScharacterized something, does not make it a fact. Looks like they are comparing oranges to apples if they are only going by gender without knowing any other factors or job requirements...

I think the content of ones character is more indicative of a persons degree of civility than ones gender.

You know, judge people by their actions, not thier gender or race, something progressives used to fight for, back before idenity politics.

I think the content of ones character is more indicative of a persons degree of civility than ones gender.

You know, judge people by their actions, not thier gender or race, something progressives used to fight for, back before idenity politics.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the size or location of their genitalia, but by the content of their character."

can i laugh now....

So all this is up on topic becasue obama made it part of his debate..... fine fine... he wants equal pay for women......

funny.... i did not hear romney say he was planning on insuring that woman would made less, or that he was guaranteeing that men will be always be making more then woman on his agenda.

Indeed, in an interview this April, ABC’s Diane Sawyer, asked Romney: “If you were president — you had been president — would you have signed the Lilly Ledbetter Law?”

“It’s certainly a piece of legislation I have no intend– intention of changing. I wasn’t there three years ago,” Romney told Sawyer. “I’m not going to go back and look at all the prior laws and say had I been there which ones would I have supported and signed, but I certainly support equal pay for women and — and have no intention of changing that law, don’t think there’s a reason to.”

Had Romney opposed the law, he would have been well within the mainstream of the Republican Party. The Ledbetter Act passed the House of Representatives in a mostly party-line vote, and Romney’s own running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wisc., voted against it.

In an interview Wednesday morning on CBS News, Ryan shed little light on Romney’s original position, but he explained his own.

“Lilly Ledbetter was not an equal pay law. It was about opening up the lawsuits and statute of limitations,” Ryan said. “It wasn’t an equal pay law, and of course, we support equal pay.”

Romney did not clarify his original position on the bill at Tuesday night’s presidential debate, and his adviser’s attempt to walk back his statement to reporters indicates the Romney campaign is trying to keep it that way.

But the Obama campaign has other plans.

Campaigning in Athens, Ohio on Wednesday evening, the president brought up the Romney campaign’s changing statements on the Ledbetter Act, saying, “Just today his campaign admitted, well, he’s never weighed in on that. What’s so hard about weighing in on that? Either you believe in equal pay, or you don’t.”

Obama added, “I weighed in on it because it’s the first bill I signed.”

(Notably, equal pay for women has not improved significantly during President Obama’s first term, but the Lilly Ledbetter Act has helped some victims of discrimination pursue their compensation claims in the courts, women’s rights advocates say.)

Romney Campaign Wavers On Lilly Ledbetter Act - ABC News

Nate Silver!!! Boy Genius!!!

6a00d8341c90b153ef0154335e2c81970c-320wi

Another useful idiot....

can i laugh now....

So all this is up on topic becasue obama made it part of his debate..... fine fine... he wants equal pay for women......

funny.... i did not hear romney say he was planning on insuring that woman would made less, or that he was guaranteeing that men will be always be making more then woman on his agenda.

What specious reasoning.

The only thing you need to do to forward a bad policy, is to do nothing about it.

can i laugh now....

What specious reasoning.

The only thing you need to do to forward a bad policy, is to do nothing about it.

amazing isnt it?

Hope and change. I guess last go round... not much changed in this area. But ya know... go to try and get that female vote..

Forum List

Back