Gay Marriage and the Curse of Rumpelstiltskin

There are only two types of nations...those that failed and those that haven't (yet). All things end.

And does that mean the rest of us should be in an almighty rush to let you dipshits flush THIS nation down the toilet, just because YOU have determined that it's going anyway, so it's not worth preserving as long as possible?

What evidence is there that same sex marriages cause nations to fail?

There's same sex marriages in Canada and throughout Europe and they haven't caused the nations to fail.

They don't cause civilizations to fail, normalization of same sex relationships are symptomatic of a civilization that is already failing. Europe is well on its way to failure, Canada and the US not far behind. Out of all of the cultures that have normalized homosexual behavior throughout history and there have been many, not a single one passed that value on to a successor. All successors started out by taking the degraded and subjegated culture and eliminating the acceptance of homosexuality, almost as a first thing.

Certainly in Europe, islam is in the ascendancy. As Russia claws its way back to relevancy as a world player, they too are eliminating the cultural acceptance of homosexuality. Although China has legalized same sex marriage, it is still not accepted and no one has to recognize it. Yet, historically dynastic China was quite open to homosexualty. As a cultural value, it was not passed on.

Something happens to cultures and civilizations that normalize homosexuality. They start dying and continue to die until something comes in to stop it, like Mao's cultural revolution, or overcome by force the way Europe is falling to islam.

I find it fascinating how the lefties, in their rush to spout their slogans and vilify this article, have - every single one of them - proven the article correct.

The irony is delicious.

There are only two types of nations...those that failed and those that haven't (yet). All things end.

Dear SC01: That is like saying:
"There are only two types of people
those who have died and
those who haven't died yet.
All people die."

Sure, but what are you going to do with your life in the meantime?

How do we use current govt and social systems to create effective sustainable flow of resources, education to train the next generation to build from there, and manage the growth and development of larger nations to democratize into smaller self-governing viable economies?

How do we use our
Free exercise of religion (judicial and executive power)
Free speech and press (judicial and legislative power)
and Right to assemble and to petition for redress of grievances (due process and representation, using all these powers combined with proper checks and balances)

to move toward cooperative economics, restorative justice, and collective responsibility by sharing power and knowledge instead of competing in conflict which wastes resources?

How do we fulfill the ideals of equal justice and protection under law
from where we are now, what resources we have access to, and what
systems we use to organize people so we can achieve multiple goals?

Last edited:
Who remembers when interracial marriage was illegal? It isn't anymore. Has interracial marriage caused the country to collapse? Why no, it hasn't.

Same applies to gay marriage.

Oh yeah, did you guys know there's a Constitutional bit about separation of church and state? Yeah. Your religious views can't be forced on everyone else in matters of law.

People's orientation is not the same as people's race, which is fixed at birth.
People's race cannot be changed by counseling and therapy,
as all cases of what someone's race is are NATURAL.

But there are cases where people's sexual "lifestyle" or orientation HAS been changed
after past abuses were healed that were affecting that person.
Some are NOT natural but from man-made conditions.

Not all cases of homosexuality can be changed by therapy.
Some ARE natural-born and do NOT change.

But I have NEVER seen a case of someone "changing their race" by
healing from past abuses!

Who remembers when interracial marriage was illegal? It isn't anymore. Has interracial marriage caused the country to collapse? Why no, it hasn't.

Oh yeah, did you guys know there's a Constitutional bit about separation of church and state? Yeah. Your religious views can't be forced on everyone else in matters of law.

People's orientation is not the same as people's race, which is fixed at birth.
People's race cannot be changed by counseling and therapy,
as all cases of what someone's race is are NATURAL.

But there are cases where people's sexual "lifestyle" or orientation HAS been changed
after past abuses were healed that were affecting that person.
Some are NOT natural but from man-made conditions.

Not all cases of homosexuality can be changed by therapy.
Some ARE natural-born and do NOT change.

But I have NEVER seen a case of someone "changing their race" by
healing from past abuses!

Why don't you spend a year trying to "change" to be a homosexual

Let us know how it turns out

No one believes that gay marriage will make things worse for America.
That is the cover they use.
They hate fags.
I would have some respect for them if they would just admit it.

They don't hate fags. They are fine with them as long as they hide in the shadows and nobody knows who they are. You can have your gay relationships....just don't show that you are gay in public. Try to act like the rest of us do.
They want it to be clear to all concerned that a gay relationship is not the equivalent of their own. That society must not be accepting of homosexuality because it will harm their dear children and possibly make them gay

Yeah, that makes more sense as to what I see. They do not hate them. Good points.

I find it fascinating how the lefties, in their rush to spout their slogans and vilify this article, have - every single one of them - proven the article correct.

The irony is delicious.

I am not a leftie sugar lips.
I am hard core conservative to the bone for 40+ years.
Gay folk and them marrying is not a problem to true conservatives.
True conservatives stay the hell out of other's lives.

Whether the LGBT means to or not, they are seeking to destroy, at least to some extent, the institution of marriage. This goes beyond religious considerations. Marriage is a specific kind of tradition. So, there are plenty of Americans who see that tradition threatened, and it's not simply because they are far right Christian wackos.

It would be akin in some ways to allowing male dancers in a gentlemen's club simply out of the interest of equality. Whatever one's opinion of gentlemen's clubs, they are a specific kind of institution, and if you force gender equality there, then you destroy the institution.

If the LGBT community wants same-sex marriage to be recognized, then seek it, just don't be so thick as to think you are not threatening a sacred institution.

get a grip

if it's so sacred, why do 50% of them end up dissolved?

own your bigotry

It's not because the institution is no longer sacred, it's because people are becoming more selfish and degenerate. Had we not had ease of divorce and proliferation of divorce for nonsense reasons, we would not be considering same sex marriage now. We had several steps to take before we got corrupted enough to start mainstreaming same sex marriage. One of the most important steps was to devalue marriage itself. Not only marriage, but the close relationships that lead to marriage. Long term bonds that include committment and fidelity have been devalued.

Normalization of same sex relationships has historically been one more symptom of a culture in deep decay that has only a short time left to survive. As many civilizations and cultures that have normalized same sex relationships, that value has never survived to be passed on. Otherwise, we would have acceptance of homosexuality for thousands of years. Acceptance of the normalcy of same sex relationships is not a cause by itself, but it is a symptom of a much larger societal disease. A disease that eventually kills.

This has been my point all along. The acceptence of homosexual marriage is symptomatic
of a society that has been in social decay for many years. Marriage is a sacred institution
that is being ravaged by what homosexuals and lesbians are trying to do to it today with their homosexual marriage campaigne.

It also corrupts , and confuses the minds of our children. This has got to be the begining
of the end. As the Romans, and Greeks who embraced homosexuality went under, I presume so will America self destruct.

get a grip

own your bigotry

It's not because the institution is no longer sacred, it's because people are becoming more selfish and degenerate. Had we not had ease of divorce and proliferation of divorce for nonsense reasons, we would not be considering same sex marriage now. We had several steps to take before we got corrupted enough to start mainstreaming same sex marriage. One of the most important steps was to devalue marriage itself. Not only marriage, but the close relationships that lead to marriage. Long term bonds that include committment and fidelity have been devalued.

Normalization of same sex relationships has historically been one more symptom of a culture in deep decay that has only a short time left to survive. As many civilizations and cultures that have normalized same sex relationships, that value has never survived to be passed on. Otherwise, we would have acceptance of homosexuality for thousands of years. Acceptance of the normalcy of same sex relationships is not a cause by itself, but it is a symptom of a much larger societal disease. A disease that eventually kills.

This has been my point all along. The acceptence of homosexual marriage is symptomatic
of a society that has been in social decay for many years. Marriage is a sacred institution
that is being ravaged by what homosexuals and lesbians are trying to do to it today with their homosexual marriage campaigne.

It also corrupts , and confuses the minds of our children. This has got to be the begining
of the end. As the Romans, and Greeks who embraced homosexuality went under, I presume so will America self destruct.

The Romans went under when they embraced Christianity

Then they went and embraced Homosexuality, and beastiality and started developing all kinds
of strange diseases. Go see Caligula the movie.

Then they went and embraced Homosexuality, and beastiality and started developing all kinds

Caligula preceded the embrace of Christianity by about 300 years.

get a grip

own your bigotry

If you allow something as trivial as gay marriage, which affects you in no way whatsoever, to have a negative influence on your life then you are a very weak individual.
Strap the chin strap a little tighter there Moe. Your milk is getting weak.

Last edited:

Caligula was before the Christians, the empire didn't fall till 300 years after Caligula

Caligula was before the Christians, the empire didn't fall till 300 years after Caligula

Homosexuality , and other perversions did accellerate the decline of the Roman empire.
Weather it took 300 years or less , the decline was due to a breakdown in morals, and societal
deviances.

Homosexuality , and other perversions did accellerate the decline of the Roman empire.
Weather it took 300 years or less , the decline was due to a breakdown in morals, and societal
deviances.

Soooooo....even if it took 300 years Homosexuality caused the collapse of the Roman Empire. Some logic

The Roman Empire collapsed immediately after the conversion to Christianity

http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/romans.html

Lets look at the numbers

40 AD Caligula emperor of Rome
380 AD Christianity proclaimed sole religion
406 AD Barbarians invade from the north

Last edited:
Whether the LGBT means to or not, they are seeking to destroy, at least to some extent, the institution of marriage. This goes beyond religious considerations. Marriage is a specific kind of tradition. So, there are plenty of Americans who see that tradition threatened, and it's not simply because they are far right Christian wackos.

It would be akin in some ways to allowing male dancers in a gentlemen's club simply out of the interest of equality. Whatever one's opinion of gentlemen's clubs, they are a specific kind of institution, and if you force gender equality there, then you destroy the institution.

If the LGBT community wants same-sex marriage to be recognized, then seek it, just don't be so thick as to think you are not threatening a sacred institution.

get a grip

own your bigotry

I have a grip. What I said was the marriage has a certain traditional meaning. Am I wrong?

Maybe divorce, like fighting over the toothpaste cap or the toilet seat, are just part of the marriage tradition also!

Either way, marriage will never be the same. Instead of fighting over simple traditional things like the toilet seat (assuming same-sex couples don't have this issue), we have a whole new spectrum of bizarre things for couples to fight over. Like the case in Texas, where a woman who had undergone surgery to have male parts removed was contested by the family of the deceased husband over his will, saying the marriage was nullified; or the two women who couldn't get a divorce in Texas because the marriage was not recognized. I can't remember which case it was, where the judge ruled that the person was still their gender of birth, so the marriage was not legal, even though the person had a sex change. Never mind the case of the transgender man with female organs who got pregnant and gave birth. Things will never be the same again!
I completely sympathize with people who protest all this gender nonsense as degenerative!

deviances.

Soooooo....even if it took 300 years Homosexuality caused the collapse of the Roman Empire. Some logic

The Roman Empire collapsed immediately after the conversion to Christianity

A timeline of the Roman empire

Lets look at the numbers

40 AD Caligula emperor of Rome
380 AD Christianity proclaimed sole religion
406 AD Barbarians invade from the north

Are you talking about two different parts of the same breakdown process? The breakdown of people's morals and corruption of govt would cause the internal loss of integrity within.
The conversion to Christianity would be to take over the fallen system and replace it.

So wouldn't it make sense that the formal fall of the structures of society/govt FOLLOW and REFLECT the breakdown of the internal mores and relations among the people in that society.

If you allow something as trivial as gay marriage, which affects you in no way whatsoever, to have a negative influence on your life then you are a very weak individual.
Strap the chin strap a little tighter there Moe. Your milk is getting weak.

I think what people are saying is that it IS these other issues and degenerate behavior and attitudes they are against. It just so happens that the gay marriage issue brings out this contention.

Same with abortion that brings out all kinds of other issues attached to it.
And gun rights also, it isn't just about the guns but the whole context as well.

We can't just brush all this aside and push a law through.
If we are going to solve social problems, we need to take the time to address those,
and quit taking shortcuts, thinking by bullying policies through we can force things to change. The problems, underlying the conflict we see on the surface, remain and still need to be addressed. Same with abortion. Same with gun laws.

Forum List

Back