Gay Marriage and the Curse of Rumpelstiltskin

Gay marriage is almost a non issue and in 20 years it will be.
Only mother hen busy bodies bother to worry about gay marriage.
The rest of us are debating the 127 priority issues that are affecting this country.
Do not support gay marriage?
Do not marry one.

If you give a man a drawing utinsel and something to draw on, inevitably there will be a naked woman on it. Heterosexualism at work.

All the cave drawings we have and not one picture of tits.

could it be that we are decendants from homosexuals and heterosexualism is the abnormal behavior? :eusa_whistle:

Prehistoric Hustler mags also had sticky pages.
They do not last long.

Then we can have group marriages like the Manson Family. Incestuous marriages and marriages where a spouse is ten years old. The entire goal is to eliminate marriage completely. Familial relationships are the foundation of all civiliations. That's probably why civilizations that have normalized same sex relationships have historically failed.

Typical conservative binary think. If you allow gays, then you have to allow brothers and sisters and children to marry. Society has identified specific dangers in incestuous marriages and child marriages. There is no harm to our society in allowing gays to marry outside of people like you who consider it yucky.
The goal is not to eliminate marriage .....it is to expand the number of people who can marry

All you need is a redefinition of what constitutes a danger. After all homosexuality was once considered a mental disorder until mental disorder was redefined. The danger in incestuous marriage and child marriages is in the definition of danger. Change it.

No, homosexuality was once DEFINED as a mental disorder and then redefined.
Because there is NO evidence it IS a mental disorder.
I do not believe you are that stupid so why the show?

Gay Marriage and the Curse of Rumpelstiltskin

11/1/12
By Robert Oscar Lopez

This Election Day, voters in Maine, Maryland, Washington, and Minnesota will be asked to cast their ballots on the issue of same-sex marriage.

Now is a good time to discuss this issue beyond the squeaky-clean case for gay marriage that has been marketed to well-intended, and in some cases gullible, straight allies. First, let's dispense with the maudlin myths and reductive propaganda.

Same-sex marriage will do nothing to address the five real-life crises facing people with same-sex attractions, many of whom do not end up in lifelong couplings: depression, eating disorders, suicide, sexually transmitted diseases, and addictions.

While bullies, biblical verses, Republicans, and chicken sandwich impresarios may cause some hurt feelings, the five aforementioned crises are overwhelmingly the result of the way gays treat one another. Straight people do gays no favors by feeling guilty and then blindly endorsing the demands of gay activists, who are largely responsible for the currents of gay culture and therefore the state of gay people's lives.

By convincing a large part of the country that people have no choice but to act upon biological instincts -- going as far as barring psychotherapists from counseling patients to resist same-sex urges -- post-Stonewall activists have created an alternate social world.

In this alternate world, people are subservient to Freud's pleasure principle and incapable of rising above their id to attain higher transcendentals such as the one, the good, and the true (where is Aquinas when you need him?).

---

Read more: Articles: Gay Marriage and the Curse of Rumpelstiltskin

That was an amazing article. Thank you so much.

I just hope the people in those States do the right thing and don't take away peoples rights.

I just hope the people here in the States do the right thing and ignore meddling foreign dumbasses who should tend to their own knitting.

No one's going to force you to come live here. Indeed, many of us would like to force you NOT to ever come here, even to visit. So why don't you stop trying to vote in elections you haven't been issued a ballot for? Mind your own business.

I just hope the people in those States do the right thing and don't take away peoples rights.

I just hope the people here in the States do the right thing and ignore meddling foreign dumbasses who should tend to their own knitting.

No one's going to force you to come live here. Indeed, many of us would like to force you NOT to ever come here, even to visit. So why don't you stop trying to vote in elections you haven't been issued a ballot for? Mind your own business.

people with glass butt plugs shouldn't throw stones, cesspool

People do drugs, smoke and sky dive.
And they can legally marry.
People murder, cheat, lie and steal.
And they can marry.
No one gives a shit about that.
Soon no one will give a shit about gay marriage.

Whether the LGBT means to or not, they are seeking to destroy, at least to some extent, the institution of marriage. This goes beyond religious considerations. Marriage is a specific kind of tradition. So, there are plenty of Americans who see that tradition threatened, and it's not simply because they are far right Christian wackos.

It would be akin in some ways to allowing male dancers in a gentlemen's club simply out of the interest of equality. Whatever one's opinion of gentlemen's clubs, they are a specific kind of institution, and if you force gender equality there, then you destroy the institution.

If the LGBT community wants same-sex marriage to be recognized, then seek it, just don't be so thick as to think you are not threatening a sacred institution.

get a grip

if it's so sacred, why do 50% of them end up dissolved?

own your bigotry

Way to deliberately miss the point, and may I say I admire just how quickly you can build a straw man? Bravo! :clap2:

This is a terrible article.

First off it argues against gay marriage by saying it won't solve a bunch of problems no one had ever claimed it would solve.

Then it resorts to more straw men and weasel words.

For instance:
"By convincing a large part of the country that people have no choice but to act upon biological instincts"

Bullshit. The instincts are what people have no choice in, they can act however they want. This is the one huge instance of missing the point that taints the rest of the article. That and others...

"going as far as barring psychotherapists from counseling patients to resist same-sex urges"

Wow more straw men. These were gay to straight conversion therapies, not abstinence counseling. Plus the bill's only aimed at therapy for minors. Why no mention of that?

By the way where the fuck is this guy's credentials? He speaks like he's an expert on psychology but I can't find any evidence that he is.

"Soon, too, there developed a fanatical belief that gay people had "gaydar" and could sense another person's homosexuality, no matter how hidden, through telepathy."

...Is this guy living in a cave or something?

" Not all gays, but disturbingly many of them, are literally powerless against immediate lusts, desperately seeking validation in ephemeral pleasures, and unable to express friendship or love on a higher plane than voluptuous carnality."

How much is many of them? No stats, no source no nothing (not even an example of one such person) is given, so for all we know 'disturbingly many' could be 500 people out of all the gays on the planet. This is the very definition of weasel words.

And the rest goes on a tangent that has less and less to do with gay marriage and more general gay bashing. It pretends that being pro gay marriage also means thinking that all gays are uncontrollably horny and have no reason to get close to people other than for sex.

Last edited:
If the sissies and the metro-sexual libs would acknowledge the fact that the United States is the most tolerant Nation in the world and that we bend over backward (no pun intended) to accommodate sissie and homosexual issues at the expense of religious people who are deprived of their rights in some cases it might go a long way towards a mutual understanding. If the left would be honest and acknowledge that the homosexual marriage issue is all about money it might clear the air a little bit.

How does gay marriage infringe on the rights of religious people?

As long as it's a private, personal thing, it doesn't. When it acquires official legal sanction from the government, they lose their right not to participate in behaviors and lifestyles with which they do not agree. Whether you're aware of it or not - whether you approve or not - Americans treasure their individuality and their right to stand clear of other people's lives if they wish.

Furthermore, no matter how much you disingenuous liberal frauds try to pretend otherwise, legal sanction will lead to whole slews of people using the government to bludgeon those who disagree with them to death, or at least into silence. Whether you're aware of it or not - whether you approve or not - Americans also treasure their right to hold, express, and act on their beliefs, even if other people don't share them.

If that is the case, why have marriage at all? You can still love and take care of each other without a certificate. But when government steps in and says they will acknowledge some marriages and not others they violate the 14th amendment. In the absence of a compelling societal impact, it is not up to the government to decide which relationships they approve of and which they con sider "yucky"

Then we can have group marriages like the Manson Family. Incestuous marriages and marriages where a spouse is ten years old. The entire goal is to eliminate marriage completely. Familial relationships are the foundation of all civiliations. That's probably why civilizations that have normalized same sex relationships have historically failed.

There are only two types of nations...those that failed and those that haven't (yet). All things end.

And does that mean the rest of us should be in an almighty rush to let you dipshits flush THIS nation down the toilet, just because YOU have determined that it's going anyway, so it's not worth preserving as long as possible?

There are only two types of nations...those that failed and those that haven't (yet). All things end.

And does that mean the rest of us should be in an almighty rush to let you dipshits flush THIS nation down the toilet, just because YOU have determined that it's going anyway, so it's not worth preserving as long as possible?

What evidence is there that same sex marriages cause nations to fail?

There's same sex marriages in Canada and throughout Europe and they haven't caused the nations to fail.

You know, I was going to post a rhetorical question about whether anyone would bother to 1) read the article, and 2) actually comment on its contents, or if they would just use this thread as another opportunity to shout their kneejerk attitudes and slogans on the subject.

I had a pretty shrewd guess about which it would be, and it looks like I was right.

This a terrible article.

First off it argues against gay marriage by saying it won't solve a bunch of problems no one had ever claimed it would solve.

Then it resorts to more straw men and weasel words.

For instance:
"By convincing a large part of the country that people have no choice but to act upon biological instincts"

Bullshit. The instincts are what people have no choice in, they can act however they want. This is the one huge instance of missing the point that taints the rest of the article. That and others...

"going as far as barring psychotherapists from counseling patients to resist same-sex urges"

Wow more straw men. These were gay to straight conversion therapies, not abstinence counseling. Plus the bill's only aimed at therapy for minors. Why no mention of that?

By the way where the fuck is this guy's credentials? He speaks like he's an expert on psychology but I can't find any evidence that he is.

"Soon, too, there developed a fanatical belief that gay people had "gaydar" and could sense another person's homosexuality, no matter how hidden, through telepathy."

...Is this guy living in a cave or something?

" Not all gays, but disturbingly many of them, are literally powerless against immediate lusts, desperately seeking validation in ephemeral pleasures, and unable to express friendship or love on a higher plane than voluptuous carnality."

How much is many of them? No stats, no source no nothing (not even an example of one such person) is given so far all we know 'disturbingly many' could be 500 people out of all the gays on the planet. This is the very definition of weasel word.

And the rest goes on a tangent that has less and less to do with gay marriage and more general gay bashing. It pretends that being pro gay marriage also means thinking that all gays are uncontrollably horny and have no reason to get close to people other than for sex.
Well said.

I would have just said "wow some people like to bathe in ignorance", but i think yours works better.

Who remembers when interracial marriage was illegal? It isn't anymore. Has interracial marriage caused the country to collapse? Why no, it hasn't.

Same applies to gay marriage.

Oh yeah, did you guys know there's a Constitutional bit about separation of church and state? Yeah. Your religious views can't be forced on everyone else in matters of law.

Who remembers when interracial marriage was illegal? It isn't anymore. Has interracial marriage caused the country to collapse? Why no, it hasn't.

Oh yeah, did you guys know there's a Constitutional bit about separation of church and state? Yeah. Your religious views can't be forced on everyone else in matters of law.

No one believes that gay marriage will make things worse for America.
That is the cover they use.
They hate fags.
I would have some respect for them if they would just admit it.

I remember how I was. I did not care for blacks, could not stand to see blacks marrying whites and believed gay folks were worse than that.
Thank God for the Marine Colonel who raised me right. We are deep south and I was taught not to hate.
Dad saw the injustice the blacks had when he was on Saipan, Guam and Okinawa WWII.
He saw the injustice gay folks had in NC when he taught there in the 50s and 60s. That carried over to the job he had until his death.
He taught me to always fight for the rights of everyone, even those you may despise the most.
You know, you never really appreciate someone until after they are dead.
Thanks Dad, and Granny Walker! Made a red neck like me live an easier life.

They hate fags.

They don't hate fags. They are fine with them as long as they hide in the shadows and nobody knows who they are. You can have your gay relationships....just don't show that you are gay in public. Try to act like the rest of us do.
They want it to be clear to all concerned that a gay relationship is not the equivalent of their own. That society must not be accepting of homosexuality because it will harm their dear children and possibly make them gay

They hate fags.

They don't hate fags. They are fine with them as long as they hide in the shadows and nobody knows who they are. You can have your gay relationships....just don't show that you are gay in public. Try to act like the rest of us do.
They want it to be clear to all concerned that a gay relationship is not the equivalent of their own. That society must not be accepting of homosexuality because it will harm their dear children and possibly make them gay

hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg

Careful you don't kick a hole in the wall with that kneejerk.

Forum List

Back