Gas in Michigan now $4.249 a Gallon!! Why??

Caroljo

Gold Member
Jun 2, 2009
Michigan
Michigan's gas prices are skyrocketing...and I haven't heard a good reason why yet! We're higher than Alaska and Hawaii...or any other state! I heard it's because we're at the end of the pipeline from the gulf....bullshit! Maine is further and they were still under $4 the last I checked. Has anyone here heard the truth of what's going on?

Considering what it has to go through to get to the pump, gasoline is one of the biggest bargains out there.

Missouri gas prices are also high. For over 10 years pump prices ran 45 cents above NYMEX RBOB spot market price. Since the beginning of the year they have consistently been 80 cents above spot market prices. I have no idea why they went up & stayed that high. I could not find any tax increases online.

My son just told me another station here in town was at $4.299. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Considering what it has to go through to get to the pump, gasoline is one of the biggest bargains out there.

Michigan has one of the highest unemployment rates, and the highest gas prices. In 2008 gas was 1.89 a gallon. I feel sorry for people that have to drives far to work, my son does and he can't afford this.

Michigan's gas prices are skyrocketing...and I haven't heard a good reason why yet! We're higher than Alaska and Hawaii...or any other state! I heard it's because we're at the end of the pipeline from the gulf....bullshit! Maine is further and they were still under $4 the last I checked. Has anyone here heard the truth of what's going on?

Yes. Michigan is a state which doesn't matter very much, and no one really cares what the residents of that state pay.

I recommend an electric solution, and tell the oil companies to bite you.

0521-Volt-and-Leaf.jpg

That's the answer an electric vehicle and it will take 28 years for you to break even.

a passive protest

is to place sticky notes on the pump by the price

simply saying

Thanks Obama

--LOL

Yes. Michigan is a state which doesn't matter very much, and no one really cares what the residents of that state pay.

I recommend an electric solution, and tell the oil companies to bite you.

0521-Volt-and-Leaf.jpg

People can't afford the gas prices, also can't afford to buy an electric car....I wouldn't want one anyway.

Nobody complains about the price of anything... except gasoline.

Look at your grocery bill and ask why the agriculture industry is exporting hundreds of millions of tons or our food each year.

For the same reason that petroleum products have become our biggest export. Profit.

As the price of EV's come down, they will become more prevelant on the road. And, with Elon Musk setting up his charging stations coast to coast, you will see more people taking them on long trips. At which point, the ICE will have real competition. $20 for a fill up instead of $60. And Musk will be raking in the dough, as the intial cost of installing the station will be his primary cost.

That's the answer an electric vehicle and it will take 28 years for you to break even.

Might take you 28 years, certainly don't assume all of us are so economically ignorant.

My monster truck @10mpg and 13,000 year = CapEx of $40,000, annual fuel costs of $5200 at $4.00 gal.

My Volt at 300mpg and 13,000 year = CapEx of $32000, annual liquid fuel costs of $170 and electrical, domestically produced, domestic profits and American labor fuel cost of $360

Even you can do the math on this one I imagine, not only have I done better than broken even but I've kicked the crap out of my alternative. Feel free to show how an EV doesn't work for you, but I'm saving $$$ hand over fist, supporting my local labor and fuel industries, and can generally ignore those stupid numbers they put up at the corner "please give your money to Canadians, South Americans, Nigerians and Saudi's" store.

People can't afford the gas prices, also can't afford to buy an electric car....I wouldn't want one anyway.

Of course people can afford the gas prices, go down to your local "please give your money to Canada and OPEC Jihadists" store and see how many are there making donations hourly. And if you can't afford EV, might I recommend something less expensive?

01e44__5127555668_2ab3dc2a11_o.jpg

Or even less expensive?

0.jpg

It isn't like driving is a right protected by the Constitution....good enough for Abe Lincoln, good enough for America!!

Forum List

Back