Don’t look now but gas prices are rising fast

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

You’re not imagining it: Gasoline prices are moving swiftly higher across the country.

The national average has climbed 11 cents in the past week alone, to $3.28 a gallon, according to AAA. That means millions of Americans hitting the roads this Presidents’ Day weekend will be greeted by the highest prices in nearly three months.

Some of this jump in pump prices is normal. Gas prices always rise as winter winds down because demand increases and gas stations must switch over to more expensive summer fuel.

Some of this jump is abnormal. Refinery outages — including a weeks long shutdown of the largest refinery in the Midwest — are limiting the supply of gas.

No matter the cause, rising gas prices are bad news for consumers already frustrated by the cost of living.

I thought something was amiss.....Gas prices rose 30 cents in my AO in a week and a half....$3.35 - $3.39.

Add that on top of FJB's sticky inflation.

You’re not imagining it: Gasoline prices are moving swiftly higher across the country.

The national average has climbed 11 cents in the past week alone, to $3.28 a gallon, according to AAA. That means millions of Americans hitting the roads this Presidents’ Day weekend will be greeted by the highest prices in nearly three months.

Some of this jump in pump prices is normal. Gas prices always rise as winter winds down because demand increases and gas stations must switch over to more expensive summer fuel.

Some of this jump is abnormal. Refinery outages — including a weeks long shutdown of the largest refinery in the Midwest — are limiting the supply of gas.

No matter the cause, rising gas prices are bad news for consumers already frustrated by the cost of living.

I thought something was amiss.....Gas prices rose 30 cents in my AO in a week and a half....$3.35 - $3.39.

Add that on top of FJB's sticky inflation.
NE WA has risen six cents in the last week $3.33 to $3.39 yesterday. Best thing about it is it doesn't bode well for the vegetable or the democrats.

Time to air up the tires on your Raleigh or Schwinn.

I own a 24 speed Trek.

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.d38701a8b53a562720a4169674adbc56?rik=knshycmUnInmLg&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.retrobike.co.uk%2fgallery2%2fd%2f128603-4%2fTrek%2bY33&ehk=GP5s%2bQajYPm9RsET4m%2bvigGrsriBAn0qY%2fgf3Y8hZIg%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

I haven't seen a Y-frame Trek like that since the 90's. Is that bike new?

That picture is just off the web, but mine looks very similar. Yes, I bought it in 1996 when the Ys first came out, and yes, I don't beat the living F out of it so it DOES look nearly good as new.

Even had a Trek dealer tell me that when I took it to him for a tune up that mine was the best used Y he had ever seen.

It's Biden screwing the oil industry that is causing this. We are the only country in the world that can't use their own oil...

ITMT, Brandon just tried to hose our LNG exports as well. One export said it was like Joe wanted to cripple our energy sector and economy! Fortunately they found a way to get around it and override Shitstain's decisions.

Forum List

Back