Six dollar a gallon gas in San Diego

I was appraising much closer to the City Zoo in sight many times of the Ocean.
I was acquainted with friend, whose daughter lived two blocks from the zoo--right behind Roberts at the Beach Motel. She rented a 10 by 20 converted storage room behind a garage with a room mate in the early 2000s. She was paying nearly $2K/mo as her share of the rent. But she could walk to Ocean Beach.

Right. Nothing to do with killing pipelines, regulations, taxes, fees, fines, permits only in 200’ deep water you ignorant MSDNC CNN baboon. You idiots turn my soured gut repeatedly.

nothing happens if you make oil harder to get, transport, and more costly to create fasoline.
You are just butt hurt. The only time in your life you were truly happy was when a comedian was in the White House tearing down marginalized folks cuz you are a small man with small dreams.

I was happy then. I am happy now. All because I take responsibility for myself and don’t hitch my hopes and dreams to an insult comic who caters to racists. .

You can maybe get sleeping cheap in SF. But bathroom and kitchen privileges are not always included. Basically $509/mo in a closet on the floor in the 2000s’

I was acquainted with friend, whose daughter lived two blocks from the zoo--right behind Roberts at the Beach Motel. She rented a 10 by 20 converted storage room behind a garage with a room mate in the early 2000s. She was paying nearly $2K/mo as her share of the rent. But she could walk to Ocean Beach.
I checked on maps for the motel and it is closed. That was a great location if one wanted to visit the Zoo which by the way is just 100 acres. Also a wonderful place if you wanted to walk on the beach at the ocean. I tended to get jobs given to my firm that were close or on Sunset Blvd. A home that was in a school district that was favored by buyers could be very different in price a couple blocks in a different school district. So one had to understand why properties could be so close yet shift in value on that issue. That amount of Rent would be a lot even now. At that time she could have rented apartments in Fremont, CA for maybe $1,000 per month.

I have spoken of the Zoo in Berlin and found out today it is smaller than the SF Zoo. Berlins only has 86.5 acres vs the 100 acres in SF.

Well what is true is there are customers for even one bedroom apartments. Did you have a view? I was appraising property at that time and had work assigned to me in SF. Not where you could have bought. I was appraising much closer to the City Zoo in sight many times of the Ocean. I quit those jobs primarily due to driving from Fremont to SF was a pain in the ass. I could make as money in Fremont as there in SF.
for $209k, no view, not at all. But the attraction was being able to live on top of columbus square

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 12.48.44 PM.png

If you would simply TELL the Truth instead of ultra hyperbole.
I searched Gas Buddy moments ago, and found this.
$4.75 to $5.01
Still WAY too high, but it's the truth.

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 12.51.50 PM.png

If you shopped at some remote location near San Diego and got ripped off by paying $6 a gallon, that's your fault.
And you could simply post the $6 gallon price and become believable.

I could be, it was almost 30 years ago. Close to North Beach. I remember Columbus for some reason.
Great, I know that area a bit. A Catholic Church is in that park. It is on Columbus St pretty close to where Jazz was played a lot. I was a teen then when I first went to some of those bars at North Beach and some of them turned me down. During my check of the map, I learned that SF has renamed many streets seems to me they were angry at the names that were changed. Before I left the Bay Area in 2019 they were already changing names of parks and streets.

Great, I know that area a bit. A Catholic Church is in that park. It is on Columbus St pretty close to where Jazz was played a lot. I was a teen then when I first went to some of those bars at North Beach and some of them turned me down. During my check of the map, I learned that SF has renamed many streets seems to me they were angry at the names that were changed. Before I left the Bay Area in 2019 they were already changing names of parks and streets.
I believe the Stinkin' Rose restaurant is on Columbus, not far from North Beach. Great place, you can smell their garlic for blocks.

I believe the Stinkin' Rose restaurant is on Columbus, not far from North Beach. Great place, you can smell their garlic for blocks.
I used to go to that area in the evening when I was a high school student. I was there for the Jazz. As I graduated high school, I went to work for a contractor who did big jobs in San Francisco and over many years I learned about San Francisco. I must be 630 miles from there. I looked it up. I see why you bring it up. It is very nicely decorated and the food looks delicious. There are so many awesome restaurants in that part of CA, I would love to be there in a few hours eating. Glad you mentioned them.

I used to go to that area in the evening when I was a high school student. I was there for the Jazz. As I graduated high school, I went to work for a contractor who did big jobs in San Francisco and over many years I learned about San Francisco. I must be 630 miles from there. I looked it up. I see why you bring it up. It is very nicely decorated and the food looks delicious. There are so many awesome restaurants in that part of CA, I would love to be there in a few hours eating. Glad you mentioned them.
We visited the wharf in Monterey last summer. It isn't the same. Covid killed it. The tradition for many years was the restaurants would set up a table outside the front door with a crock pot of their clam chowder and give samples. You could pick the restaurant that had the chowder you preferred. Now you take your chances. I can remember many times, dining al fresco on bread sticks and chowder and a nice bottle of wine. No more. Too bad.

We visited the wharf in Monterey last summer. It isn't the same. Covid killed it. The tradition for many years was the restaurants would set up a table outside the front door with a crock pot of their clam chowder and give samples. You could pick the restaurant that had the chowder you preferred. Now you take your chances. I can remember many times, dining al fresco on bread sticks and chowder and a nice bottle of wine. No more. Too bad.
I have been there many times. I have a story about Monterey at the Wharf. I happened to be there and was just checking out the Fudge in a shop. The owner told me if I helped him for a few minutes, he would give me fudge. I followed him to where he cooked up the Fudge and followed his directions. As he promised me, he handed me a few pounds of very delicious fudge. I also was at a conference at Asilomar, next to Monterey and we went into Monterey to eat a wonderful dinner at the expense of my fellow Realtors since I was a Director. That meal was also special. Monterey when I last was there probably more than 8 years ago was a real good area to be at. I spent some months up the highway at Fort Ord in the Army much earlier and did not care much for the Army.

I have been there many times. I have a story about Monterey at the Wharf. I happened to be there and was just checking out the Fudge in a shop. The owner told me if I helped him for a few minutes, he would give me fudge. I followed him to where he cooked up the Fudge and followed his directions. As he promised me, he handed me a few pounds of very delicious fudge. I also was at a conference at Asilomar, next to Monterey and we went into Monterey to eat a wonderful dinner at the expense of my fellow Realtors since I was a Director. That meal was also special. Monterey when I last was there probably more than 8 years ago was a real good area to be at. I spent some months up the highway at Fort Ord in the Army much earlier and did not care much for the Army.
I did my scuba cert. dives in Monterey. I never have had much use for their city gov't. They would make divers park three blocks off the beach and walk down with full gear. Pain in the butt. My wife went to a conference in Asilomar, pretty place. We visited the 17 Mile Drive and Pebble Beach and Carmel while we were there and Hwy 1 between Carmel and Monterey is still a nut house. No change in 50 years. LOL Fort Ord shut down many years ago.

I did my scuba cert. dives in Monterey. I never have had much use for their city gov't. They would make divers park three blocks off the beach and walk down with full gear. Pain in the butt. My wife went to a conference in Asilomar, pretty place. We visited the 17 Mile Drive and Pebble Beach and Carmel while we were there and Hwy 1 between Carmel and Monterey is still a nut house. No change in 50 years. LOL Fort Ord shut down many years ago.
I never scuba dived but have studied it a bit. Posters may not understand why you said that walk was a pain in the ass, but I know why. I stayed at Asilomar on official business for 4 days. I also ate meals at their facility and recall they were pretty good. I know every area you mentioned pretty well. I also stopped Ft. Ord after it closed down. They had already damages some buildings then.

Why don't you move to where you can buy gasoline for a hell of a lot less than that? It's Bidens fault you pay over $3.00
It was over $4..00 under bush, because of his illadvised wars. Then, like Trump, we had a recession and people lost their jobs and stopped driving. Is that your plan ? Another recession bubba.

Forum List

Back