$20,000 Rewards Posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "gubmint" is trying to reign in corporate greed.
Teabaggers don't like that.

Senate Republican bill would repeal Democratic drug ...

1714747137554.png

The Hill
https://thehill.com › homenews › senate › 3678314-sen...
Oct 7, 2022 — Senate Republicans on Friday introduced a bill that would roll back the drug pricing reforms included in the sweeping Inflation Reduction ...
The reality is, the gubmint cannot successfully and artificially set price points without screwing up the market. If something is deemed to be so essential that the market can't be allowed to set the true price, it should be nationalized, gubmint subsidized, and guaranteed to everyone, kinda like electricity and phone service, and soon to be internet access.

Everyone is greedy, whether they are a corporate bigwig squeezing out a percentage point in profit or a consumer refusing to buy American made because it costs more than Chinese made.

I do just fine myself, but we aren't talking about just me or you, we are talking about the majority of still sane Americanss who are trying to work and make ends meet. They aren't able to take advantage of retirement just yet and this economy is killing them.
Big deal. My grandparents lived through the depression. My parents deal with inflation financial planning when I was a kid. PJ and I, lived and worked through the mid/late 70s and through the 80s raising a family. When civilian employment opportunities were far shittier than today, being a military Officer seemed an attractive option, good for us and the country. Far better than waiting around for politicians to supposedly solve problems or the Fed to come to the rescue. The country is actually made up of people like me and maybe you. We did our thing, and made it fine, like our parents and grandparents before us. So will the young people today, though they do not get to live the lifestyle of the rich and famous starting out, even if that is what is projected on TV, as it generally just isn't so, and never has been. Constant unrealistic expectations leads to constant disappointment. Constant disappointment leads to panicky thinking, which is bad for rational planning and consistency. That is just the way it is, and the way it has always been. I never fell for that trap, and neither have my kids. We are not unusual. The ones that do not choose to follow consistent conservative methods are the unusual ones. They can live and learn or wallow in self-pity, their choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back