Six dollar a gallon gas in San Diego

You apparently have never been around the SF Bay area. Millions of people drive 2 plus hours each way everyday so that they can live in a reasonably priced single family home in a less populated area. People that live in those high rise shitholes do so out of necessity--unless they are wealthy and then they are somewhat insulated and the apartments are much nicer---and much more expensive. Personally I wouldn't live anywhere near a population center over 25K.
I lived in San Fransico.

I would love a 3000sq ft apartment looking out to Alcatraz

People live 2 hours from downtown san fransisco, because they have to.

No front yard, the backyard boundary, property line is your neighbors house, literally, no fence cause the wall of the house is the fence.

They live 2 hours away because they have to, not because they want to

I lived in San Fransico.

I would love a 3000sq ft apartment looking out to Alcatraz

People live 2 hours from downtown san fransisco, because they have to.

No front yard, the backyard boundary, property line is your neighbors house, literally, no fence cause the wall of the house is the fence.

They live 2 hours away because they have to, not because they want to
I appraised homes in SF and quit for many reasons. I am pleased to endorse your remarks as being true. Strangely enough, some of the SF homes that show a 1 car garage from the street have much larger garages than one can see from the Street. I worked on construction jobs there when I was under 29 yrs old.

No front yard, the backyard boundary, property line is your neighbors house
Welcome to CA. I lived in Modesto--90 miles east for 45 years. My first home was a zero property line in Modesto in 1978. Things are the same there---except for the cost. Show me any major city in a waterfront location where the property values and rents are not exorbitant. That's life and real estate--location, location, location.

Welcome to CA. I lived in Modesto--90 miles east for 45 years. My first home was a zero property line in Modesto in 1978. Things are the same there---except for the cost. Show me any major city in a waterfront location where the property values and rents are not exorbitant. That's life and real estate--location, location, location.
My son and I live together in Idaho. He bought a new home many years back in Modesto. He sold it to move his family to Boise Idaho. He sold his home in Idaho since he got divorced. My ex wife left our family home in Pleasanton ca and ended up living in Modesto. My youngest daughter and her siblings lived in Modesto though today they all live in Hawaii.

I lived in Manteca for close to a year with a woman. CA prices went up for many reasons. I put a lot of effort in 1980 when Carter was president examining why prices went up and wrote my investors a paper to help them understand. Location is vital. A deep water port is also. Major airports are a huge factor. But king of all are the universities in the area. Those will dominate prices going up.

I have not read about this fact but I did learn it to be true. Asians really love Stanford U and buy homes knowing they increase in price so that profits from the home go up and will pay so much to them it pays for the degree at Stanford.

My son and I live together in Idaho. He bought a new home many years back in Modesto. He sold it to move his family to Boise Idaho. He sold his home in Idaho since he got divorced. My ex wife left our family home in Pleasanton ca and ended up living in Modesto. My youngest daughter and her siblings lived in Modesto though today they all live in Hawaii.

I lived in Manteca for close to a year with a woman. CA prices went up for many reasons. I put a lot of effort in 1980 when Carter was president examining why prices went up and wrote my investors a paper to help them understand. Location is vital. A deep water port is also. Major airports are a huge factor. But king of all are the universities in the area. Those will dominate prices going up.

I have not read about this fact but I did learn it to be true. Asians really love Stanford U and buy homes knowing they increase in price so that profits from the home go up and will pay so much to them it pays for the degree at Stanford.
My daughter went to school with an Asian doctor's son in Modesto. He attended Stanford and is a doctor now.

I was shocked when I put in $30 in the tank and got only 5 gallons.

Why is Biden not trying to fix this?

He must want us to pay an arm and a leg for gas.
1712480546613.png

So all you have shown is that you are dumb fuck who doesn't know where to buy gas...

1712480667936.png

I was shocked when I put in $30 in the tank and got only 5 gallons.

Why is Biden not trying to fix this?

He must want us to pay an arm and a leg for gas.
Taking into account exchange rate and a US gallon v UK gallon, we pay the equivalent of $7.27 ish for diesel, petrol is cheaper. So you're catching us Brits on price when you've always been way much cheaper!!

It'll be because of Bidenomics and Build Back Better baloney.

What does that have to do with anything?
You were lamenting real estate prices in SF and the type of construction. I just brought to your attention that no matter where you go in the world, places like SF will have higher real estate prices. They will never be as affordable as places that do not offer what these cities do. Simple. No rant, just the facts, ma'am.

You were lamenting real estate prices in SF and the type of construction. I just brought to your attention that no matter where you go in the world, places like SF will have higher real estate prices. They will never be as affordable as places that do not offer what these cities do. Simple. No rant, just the facts, ma'am.
I did no such thing. No lamenting of any kind. I offered a no nonsense idea.

High density housing where people work

Would a lot of people prefer no commute or a 4 hour commute?

Argue all you like, given a choice, most people are going to choose a beautiful high rise apartment that they can easily afford

I did no such thing. No lamenting of any kind. I offered a no nonsense idea.

High density housing where people work

Would a lot of people prefer no commute or a 4 hour commute?

Argue all you like, given a choice, most people are going to choose a beautiful high rise apartment that they can easily afford
Though I was an appraiser for years, I never appraised a skyscraper. I realize they get built due to high land costs. SF has super costs but also super benefits. I lived several times in apartments yet those had no view other than paved parking.

Though I was an appraiser for years, I never appraised a skyscraper. I realize they get built due to high land costs. SF has super costs but also super benefits. I lived several times in apartments yet those had no view other than paved parking.
In 1994 i could of bought a one bedroom a couple blocks from columbus square. $209k

It would of been great city living.

That's fair enough. But even raising a family and working..one can bike occasionaly....with the family. Making memories and passing the habit on.
We used to bike to church..on nice days when the kids were big enough, or to the park.

BTW..most of the retired white boomers in my neighborhood drive large trucks, with huge tailpipes that emit clouds of diesel smoke. They get 9 miles to the gal. and don't give a hoot. Why should they?
They never did before~

No diesel gets only 9MPG? Is that realistic?

I biked for recreation and commuting off/on in CA for a decade on a good road bike. Flats, hard to carry stuff, need shower at work, locker, heavy duty bike lock left at each end, towel (always wet, heavy), shampoo, soap, toothhpaste, toothbrush etc. carrying a set of work shoes on backpack with clothes eats up all your space. I was paid $2/day green commuter bonus.

finally safety. CA cars don’t watch out for bikes. Some intentionally harrass bikes. No one with young kids should take the risk. Yes I know dead 50 yr old biker with 5 kids. Bad weather too. Cold icy at 6AM.

I ended up MTN biking only at lunchtime. I am a know it all.

Last edited:
In 1994 i could of bought a one bedroom a couple blocks from columbus square. $209k

It would of been great city living.
Well what is true is there are customers for even one bedroom apartments. Did you have a view? I was appraising property at that time and had work assigned to me in SF. Not where you could have bought. I was appraising much closer to the City Zoo in sight many times of the Ocean. I quit those jobs primarily due to driving from Fremont to SF was a pain in the ass. I could make as money in Fremont as there in SF.

Every year prices go up into July and we get threads all summer, then they drop and then the threads stop. At some point you guys should stop banging your head on the wall. It’s called capitalism.
Right. Nothing to do with killing pipelines, regulations, taxes, fees, fines, permits only in 200’ deep water you ignorant MSDNC CNN baboon. You idiots turn my soured gut repeatedly.

nothing happens if you make oil harder to get, transport, and more costly to create fasoline.

Forum List

Back