Six dollar a gallon gas in San Diego

Not a Biden thing..a Cali thing~

Actually, its both. Under Sleepy Joe, gas prices are rising all over.

But its particularly terrible in California, because the state doesn't allow new oil refineries there to process the increased need for gasoline with so many illegals entering the state.

As a result, fuel has to be shipped from other states.

I lived in San Fransico.

I would love a 3000sq ft apartment looking out to Alcatraz

People live 2 hours from downtown san fransisco, because they have to.

No front yard, the backyard boundary, property line is your neighbors house, literally, no fence cause the wall of the house is the fence.

They live 2 hours away because they have to, not because they want to
When I worked for the phone company, we had some people loaned to SF. They laughed because service drops were often less than four feet long. They could make the first attachment to the building while on the pole. That was compared to the area I worked where service drops were often over a hundred feet long and could sometimes exceed a hundred yards. The guys who went said, other than the traffic, working in SF was a breeze compared to our area. They also said the phone company people working in SF had to live in Sacramento because despite our good pay, no average employee could afford SF. That's kind of like Catalina Island, the phone company provides housing for the one tech that is based there. On the days he is off, they have to have someone ride the ferry on overtime both ways in order to get a day's work done.

Taking into account exchange rate and a US gallon v UK gallon, we pay the equivalent of $7.27 ish for diesel, petrol is cheaper. So you're catching us Brits on price when you've always been way much cheaper!!

It'll be because of Bidenomics and Build Back Better baloney.
Your prices are high on fuel because the government taxes it so high to restrict car ownership. Plus nearly all of your fuel has to be imported which is a strategic vulnerability.

I checked on maps for the motel and it is closed. That was a great location if one wanted to visit the Zoo which by the way is just 100 acres. Also a wonderful place if you wanted to walk on the beach at the ocean. I tended to get jobs given to my firm that were close or on Sunset Blvd. A home that was in a school district that was favored by buyers could be very different in price a couple blocks in a different school district. So one had to understand why properties could be so close yet shift in value on that issue. That amount of Rent would be a lot even now. At that time she could have rented apartments in Fremont, CA for maybe $1,000 per month.

I have spoken of the Zoo in Berlin and found out today it is smaller than the SF Zoo. Berlins only has 86.5 acres vs the 100 acres in SF.
What drove me nuts when I lived in CA was that the State was letting all the housing on Presidio SF just deteriorate. They finally got wise and fixed it up and are renting it out. There are some wonderful houses there and the smallest are duplexes which are far larger than most SF housing. The last time I checked they had even built some apartment buildings there. Presidio is prime real estate sitting right at the entrance to SF Bay. When I was stationed there in the early seventies our barracks were right on the beach with great views of the Bridge, Alcatraz and the Bay. But even then, traffic was miserable in SF.

I was shocked when I put in $30 in the tank and got only 5 gallons.

Why is Biden not trying to fix this?

He must want us to pay an arm and a leg for gas.
Easy. He wants to end Cars. A population on foot or dependent on PUBLIC Transportation is easily controlled.

How much tax is there on UK fuel and where is it imported from?
The rate depends on the type of fuel:
  • the headline rate on standard petrol and diesel is 52.95 pence per litre, it has been frozen since 2011-12 and it reflects a temporary 5 pence cut introduced in 2022-23 and subsequently extended to 2023-24 and 2024-25. This also applies to biodiesel and bioethanol;
  • the rate on liquefied petroleum gas is 28.88 pence per kilogram;

More items

Fuel duties - Office for Budget Responsibility

obr.uk/forecasts-in-depth/tax-by-tax-spend-by-spend/fuel-duties/

It took me ten seconds to look it up.
The UK primarily imports is gasoline from Norway and the USA, domestic production comes from the North Sea wells.

The rate depends on the type of fuel:
  • the headline rate on standard petrol and diesel is 52.95 pence per litre, it has been frozen since 2011-12 and it reflects a temporary 5 pence cut introduced in 2022-23 and subsequently extended to 2023-24 and 2024-25. This also applies to biodiesel and bioethanol;
  • the rate on liquefied petroleum gas is 28.88 pence per kilogram;

More items

Fuel duties - Office for Budget Responsibility

It took me ten seconds to look it up.
The UK primarily imports is gasoline from Norway and the USA, domestic production comes from the North Sea wells.

Take a bit longer in future, it's 57.95p.

If you look at fuel on it's own, it's meaningless because on average per person per month, £500 is spent on healthcare. In the US, the average is just over $1,000., or about £800+. A difference of £300 / 59 p = 517 litres of fuel. A UK gallon is 4.54 litres, so 517/4.54 = 113 gallon. My van does 28.8 mpg, or 3,500 miles, which of course I don't drive that in a month.

So if you look at the big picture, I'm better off paying 58p per litre fuel tax than live in the US, plus, you have deductibles.

Take a bit longer in future, it's 57.95p.

If you look at fuel on it's own, it's meaningless because on average per person per month, £500 is spent on healthcare. In the US, the average is just over $1,000., or about £800+. A difference of £300 / 59 p = 517 litres of fuel. A UK gallon is 4.54 litres, so 517/4.54 = 113 gallon. My van does 28.8 mpg, or 3,500 miles, which of course I don't drive that in a month.

So if you look at the big picture, I'm better off paying 58p per litre fuel tax than live in the US, plus, you have deductibles.
Health care has nothing to do with the taxes and price of gasoline. For my health care dollar, I can get any required medical procedure on demand. I don’t have to wait months for the government to allow me to have it. It’s between me and my doctor. A few years ago I had pains in my chest, I was admitted and diagnosed with gallstones. On a non-emergency basis I had my Gall Bladder removed within a week. If it had been a real emergency, I would have been in surgery in hours. I will happily pay for that level of service.

Health care has nothing to do with the taxes and price of gasoline. For my health care dollar, I can get any required medical procedure on demand. I don’t have to wait months for the government to allow me to have it. It’s between me and my doctor. A few years ago I had pains in my chest, I was admitted and diagnosed with gallstones. On a non-emergency basis I had my Gall Bladder removed within a week. If it had been a real emergency, I would have been in surgery in hours. I will happily pay for that level of service.
I had open heart surgery 30 years ago. Showed up to work with chronic chest pain. Company nurse did an EKG and I was in the hospital. Four days later my heart was fixed. The ICU nurses were from B.C. and I asked them if it was true that I could have gotten the surgery for free in Canada and they told me, "That is true, but you may have to wait three months."

I was shocked when I put in $30 in the tank and got only 5 gallons.

Why is Biden not trying to fix this?

He must want us to pay an arm and a leg for gas.
It is past time for people who live in California to consider leaving.

Florida is a great place to live and there is NO state income tax.

However if you are a democrat and will vote for liberal democrats who will ruin Florida, please move to New York. You will be happier there.

Healthcare in the UK has everything to do with taxes. I don't pay healthcare, unless I want a private policy or decide to pay for bits of treatment. Other than that, an average of £500 per person per month of tax pays my healthcare. The girlfriend had her gall bladder removed too, again, within the week.

Plus my maths was slightly out, I forgot to divide the 3,500 miles by 3.

You can compare and contrast individual costings, but look at the whole picture. So petrol and diesel is dearer in the UK, just past a garage diesel £1.649. So deduct 20% vat which is 27p, then there's 58p tax duty, then that 1 litre of diesel has 85p of tax added to get it to £1.649.

So would you rather pay 85p per litre in tax and no health insurance cost, or keep your system and be worse off?

I understand "on average" perfectly. I don't use it as a dodge as you do. I am about as average as it comes in America.
On average, per person, per month, £500 tax money is spent on healthcare in the UK (utterly utterly utterly irrelevant of how much tax I pay or don't pay). It is also irrelevant to how much fuel I buy or don't buy, everything goes into and out of the big tax pot.

On average, per person, per month, just over $1,000 is spent on healthcare in the US (utterly utterly utterly irrelevant of how much you pay or don't pay).

All figures will include what governments pay, what the public pay, what companies pay etc..

It's all, "On average per person per month".

On average, per person, per month, £500 tax money is spent on healthcare in the UK (utterly utterly utterly irrelevant of how much tax I pay or don't pay). It is also irrelevant to how much fuel I buy or don't buy, everything goes into and out of the big tax pot.

On average, per person, per month, just over $1,000 is spent on healthcare in the US (utterly utterly utterly irrelevant of how much you pay or don't pay).

All figures will include what governments pay, what the public pay, what companies pay etc..

It's all, "On average per person per month".
You do know that what EVERY person pays is part and parcel of that average, do you not? That makes EVERY one of those premiums RELEVANT. SMH.

Forum List

Back