Gary Johnson wins Libertarian Party nomination

Libertarians on Sunday selected former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson as their party's presidential nominee, at their party convention in Orlando, Florida.

Johnson was the party's nominee in 2012 and once again won the position despite backlash from the party's more radical Libertarian wing.

In the first round of voting, Johnson reached 49.5 percent of the vote, according to the official party total, just shy of the majority needed for victory. His nearest opponents, Austin Petersen and John McAfee, reached 21 and 14 percent respectively. On the second round of voting, Johnson clinched the nomination with 55.8 percent of the vote.
Gary Johnson wins Libertarian presidential nomination at party convention - CNNPolitics.com

The Libertarian Party retains its status as a backup plan for failed Republican politicians by nominating Johnson again, and likely nominating Bill Weld for his running mate. At this point, it's time for the Libertarian Party to rebrand since they seem to be more interested in nominating Republican cast-offs than anybody interested in libertarianism.

Wins? Was there a primary?

He was chosen, which is fine. But he also didn't have to go through the process the other candidates did.
Sure. Being chosen is winning. Ask any beauty pageant winner. Of course, the other nominees are chosen as well, and in the same manner. The only difference is that Republican and Democratic delegates, except for Democratic super-delegates, are voted for.

She isn't ahead because of super delegates. She's ahead because she had more votes and a lot more pledge delegates.

But please tell more lies.
Where did I say she was ahead only because of super delegates? What I did say was that super delegates are different from regular delegates in the Democratic Party. So please get angry about more made up delusions.

Seriously? Do you need an education as to what the primary process is?

Don't bother others with really ignorant questions.
No, but I'd be happy to read your perspective on the process, princess.

"Don't bother others with really ignorant questions" translates to "Don't ask me uncomfortable questions because they make me look fucking stupid"

I'm a libertarian and I can't vote for Johnson. He's an open borders guy and his VP is a gun control advocate.

I'll vote like bertarian locally as always but I can't justify voting for Johnson.
So you believe in gov't control. Got it.
Most so called libertarians are merely statists who want to smoke weed.

Do you have the slightest clue as to what you are babbling about?

Where in that post of mine does it tell you I'm for government control? Where exactly is your reading comprehension failing you?
So you don't get that asking the government's permission just to cross a border represents control? Or do you think human rights somehow stop at the border?

That is not government control of its citizens, it's control of its borders which is one of the few legitimate duties of the government. Got it now?
LOL. If gov't says this person can come over and that person cant then that is control over people.
What part of the Constitution authortizes Immigration restrictions?

Your reading comprehension difficulties are giving you problems. It is not US Citizens who are being prevented from crossing. Immigration and control of the borders is a legitimate government duty. As a citizen, I can cross the border as much as I want to. How is that hard for you to understand?

I'm a libertarian and I can't vote for Johnson. He's an open borders guy and his VP is a gun control advocate.

I'll vote like bertarian locally as always but I can't justify voting for Johnson.

Where in that post of mine does it tell you I'm for government control? Where exactly is your reading comprehension failing you?
So you don't get that asking the government's permission just to cross a border represents control? Or do you think human rights somehow stop at the border?

That is not government control of its citizens, it's control of its borders which is one of the few legitimate duties of the government. Got it now?
LOL. If gov't says this person can come over and that person cant then that is control over people.

Let me try it this way:

Yes, I am in favor of the government controlling immigration.

Gary Johnson and William Weld?

Shouldn't they call it the RINOtarian Party?

You gotta realize that when you are politically homeless, you tend to hang out in your dysfunctional parties. UNTIL they turn on you or go bananas as they recently have.

For a couple decades, there has a been Liberty Caucus in Congress. And it membership has grown. This is where the "small l" libertarians hang out until the party attempts to jettison them back to their homeless state.

He was chosen, which is fine. But he also didn't have to go through the process the other candidates did.
What process did the other candidates go through? Isn't it up to each political party to select their own candidates?

Seriously? Do you need an education as to what the primary process is?

Don't bother others with really ignorant questions.
I doubt he needs an education but you sure as hell do, "counselor."

Your reading comprehension difficulties are giving you problems. It is not US Citizens who are being prevented from crossing. Immigration and control of the borders is a legitimate government duty. As a citizen, I can cross the border as much as I want to. How is that hard for you to understand?
You are missing that "human right" thing. OR do you believe only American citizens have human rights?
And agai where in the constitution is border patrol authorized?

You are missing that "human right" thing. OR do you believe only American citizens have human rights?

As I said, I'm for the government controlling immigration. Does that clear it up for you?

As I said, I'm for the government controlling immigration. Does that clear it up for you?
Yes you are a statist and opposed to freedom. Which is what I said previously.

What process did the other candidates go through? Isn't it up to each political party to select their own candidates?
Jillian thinks that just because her candidate was handed the nomination by a group of corrupt super delegates. That = a process . ;)

Jillian thinks that just because her candidate was handed the nomination by a group of corrupt super delegates. That = a process . ;)

She's such a bitch with a capital B. Lol.

To put it mildly. :)

Yes you are a statist and opposed to freedom. Which is what I said previously.

Sure pal, whatever.

no, idiota. my candidate got a lot more votes. and my candidate is a democrat...unlike her opponent.

i understand you lack comprehension or any sense of reality. i dont much care, but you should since you embarrass yourself every time you post.

only to bitches. *shrug*

but thanks for trolling by.

and the moron still doesn't understand that it's not about super delegates, she won pledge delegates.

try fact-based reality.

no, idiota. my candidate got a lot more votes. and my candidate is a democrat...unlike her opponent.

i understand you lack comprehension or any sense of reality. i dont much care, but you should since you embarrass yourself every time you post.
Must be why Hillary had pledged super delegates one year before the first vote was even cast.

Keep drinking the Kool aid

only to bitches. *shrug*

and the moron still doesn't understand that it's not about super delegates, she won pledge delegates.

try fact-based reality.

Sorry, but you are always bitchy. Lol.

only to bitches. *shrug*

try fact-based reality.

Hillary sucks. Why would anyone want such a dishonest hag being the POTUS?

only to bitches. *shrug*

try fact-based reality.

Hillary sucks. Why would anyone want such a dishonest hag being the POTUS?
Because dishonest hags like Hillary and Jillian must stick together.

Forum List

Back