Memorial Day Hypocrisy

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
SteveLendmanBlog: Memorial Day Hypocrisy

Would a nation-state dedicated to peace require a Memorial Day holiday?
60d519d7fc0eb811911c8c95839ec939.jpg

America is a warrior state, a serial aggressor, unaccountable for unparalleled high crimes against peace because of public ignorance and indifference.

"Americans are sublimely unaware of their nation’s history. Its so-called war of independence substituted new management for old. Everything changed but stayed the same.

"Civil war had nothing to do with freeing slaves, everything to do with keeping the nation intact, maintaining business as usual.

"Imperial America enslaved Black Africans, exterminated its native people, stole their land and resources, stole half of Mexico, followed by Cuba, the Philippines, Guam, Samoa, Hawaii, Haiti, the Dominican Republic, Canal Zone, Puerto Rico and other territories."

Why is it those who write that blank check to their government have no idea who profits from their (ultimate) sacrifice?

The US commitment to perpetual war for endless profit dishonors those who died in imperial wars of aggression waged for conquest and plunder.

Why aren't US ruling class motives memorialized on the last Monday in May instead of hypocritical concern for fallen imperial tools?

The glorification of the dead, done usually in abject ignorance.

War is good business.

America is a warrior state, a serial aggressor, unaccountable for unparalleled high crimes against peace because of public ignorance and indifference.

"Americans are sublimely unaware of their nation’s history. Its so-called war of independence substituted new management for old. Everything changed but stayed the same.

"Civil war had nothing to do with freeing slaves, everything to do with keeping the nation intact, maintaining business as usual.

"Imperial America enslaved Black Africans, exterminated its native people, stole their land and resources, stole half of Mexico, followed by Cuba, the Philippines, Guam, Samoa, Hawaii, Haiti, the Dominican Republic, Canal Zone, Puerto Rico and other territories."

Why is it those who write that blank check to their government have no idea who profits from their (ultimate) sacrifice?

The US commitment to perpetual war for endless profit dishonors those who died in imperial wars of aggression waged for conquest and plunder.

Why aren't US ruling class motives memorialized on the last Monday in May instead of hypocritical concern for fallen imperial tools?

You have a problem with people paying respect to those that paid the ultimate sacrifice?

The glorification of the dead, done usually in abject ignorance.

War is good business.
We seem to have all the wrong economic incentives when it comes to choosing between war or peace.

Maybe a 100% "Death Tax" imposed on all war-related profits after the first innocent civilian dies would help?

"Endless wars rage. US special forces death squads operate in 135 countries. Millions of corpses attest to America’s barbarity.

"On Memorial Day, the nation honors its war dead, ignoring its responsibility for gratuitous mass slaughter throughout its odious history, waging endless wars of choice for profit and dominance.

"The lessons of two world wars weren’t learned. A third may end life on earth."

You have a problem with people paying respect to those that paid the ultimate sacrifice?
I have a problem with people paying respect to those who have been lied into sacrificing their lives, and the lives of their innocent victims, for Wall Street.

The soldiers did the fighting so we honor them we don't honor WHAT or WHO they were fighting for at least I don't. I honor my great great great grandfather who fought for the CSA,I honor my great grandfather who fought in ww1 and my grandfather who fought in ww2 and my dad who was in the Army but never saw battle and my uncle who fought in the first desert storm. I didn't agree with most of those wars but soldiers sign up to defend this country AND to get money for college,or mature,or learn a skill as ALL of my ancestors did. My grandfather used his money to go to college and became a civil engineer and now has a building named after him in Pensacola,Fl,My father used it to learn a skill and figure out what he wanted to do with his life,my uncle was the same way.

It must be so nice to be able to stand there and talk shit about our veterans because you do it simply because you HATE America ,I don't agree with the wars we have been in but I sure in the hell don't bash my relatives and ancestors for fighting.

The soldiers did the fighting so we honor them we don't honor WHAT or WHO they were fighting for at least I don't. I honor my great great great grandfather who fought for the CSA,I honor my great grandfather who fought in ww1 and my grandfather who fought in ww2 and my dad who was in the Army but never saw battle and my uncle who fought in the first desert storm. I didn't agree with most of those wars but soldiers sign up to defend this country AND to get money for college,or mature,or learn a skill as ALL of my ancestors did. My grandfather used his money to go to college and became a civil engineer and now has a building named after him in Pensacola,Fl,My father used it to learn a skill and figure out what he wanted to do with his life,my uncle was the same way.

It must be so nice to be able to stand there and talk shit about our veterans because you do it simply because you HATE America ,I don't agree with the wars we have been in but I sure in the hell don't bash my relatives and ancestors for fighting.
The soldiers might have been honorable, that doesn't mean the wars were or their deaths necessary.

Nothing to see here.

Odds are these girls will be burning flags tomorrow, to show their respect for the dead.

I honor my great grandfather who fought in ww1 and my grandfather who fought in ww2 and my dad who was in the Army but never saw battle and my uncle who fought in the first desert storm. I didn't agree with most of those wars but soldiers sign up to defend this country AND to get money for college,or mature,or learn a skill as ALL of my ancestors did. My grandfather used his money to
How do you justify the deaths of all the innocent civilians who died in wars your ancestors served in?

Do their lives count for anything in your moral calculus?

Nothing to see here.

Odds are these girls will be burning flags tomorrow, to show their respect for the dead.
I've heard of worse ways. Supposedly, but it's not true, they fought for the right of Americans to be able to do so.

And many flags will be burned tomorrow. That's the proper way to dispose of them.
luir0i-luiqyi01.cm.flagretire.lo.jpg

It must be so nice to be able to stand there and talk shit about our veterans because you do it simply because you HATE America

:dunno: Must be. If you ever meet one of those, be sure to let us know.

Way to let the point sail over your head.

I honor my great grandfather who fought in ww1 and my grandfather who fought in ww2 and my dad who was in the Army but never saw battle and my uncle who fought in the first desert storm. I didn't agree with most of those wars but soldiers sign up to defend this country AND to get money for college,or mature,or learn a skill as ALL of my ancestors did. My grandfather used his money to
How do you justify the deaths of all the innocent civilians who died in wars your ancestors served in?

No,they count for nothing and they deserve to die.

Soldiers follow orders. Simple as that. Shit happens. I think its horrible civilians died for corporate interests I know all about who pushes for war and who profits off of it. MOST soldiers join the military to get ahead in life and they are used as cannon fodder for wealthy corporate interests. I STILL don't bash the soldiers or claim they were fighting for freedom because they weren't but did they know that? HELL NO.

Forum List

Back