Gary Johnson wins Libertarian Party nomination

Even Trump is warning Bill Kristol not to run a Republican as an independent because then they can kiss the Supreme Court goodbye.

Trump slams 'spoiler' bid after Kristol says independent candidate to run | Fox News

Donald Trump took to Twitter Sunday night to slam fresh predictions from Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol that an independent candidate would soon be entering the race for president, warning that a 2016 “spoiler” could swing the race to the Democrats.

Trump:The Republican Party has to be smart & strong if it wants to win in November. Can't allow lightweights to set up a spoiler Indie candidate!
Bill: Just a heads up over this holiday weekend: There will be an independent candidate--an impressive one, with a strong team and a real chance.

Trump: If dummy Bill Kristol actually does get a spoiler to run as an Independent, say good bye to the Supreme Court!

This is why I won't vote for Trump. The Supreme Court hangs in the balance.

But I also find it funny Trump isn't even worried about the Losertarian Johnson. Libertarians are nothing more than a blip in the radar. Unable to even convince 5% of us that their ideas are good. Even the tea party did better with nuts like Bachman & Palin.

Ralph Nader, with 2.7% of the vote, cost Gore the election.

Bush won Florida by 500. Nader got 100,000 votes in this state.

So it matters.

Sorry Toro, not true.

Debunked: The Myth That Ralph Nader Cost Al Gore the 2000 Election

That article doesn't really debunk the myth, it merely makes an argument that it's not a certainty that Nader cost Gore the election.

Of course there are many counterfactuals, but Gore would have won Nader's supporters over by at least 0.5% over Bush in Florida. I went to a Nader rally here. What a crew that attended. He made Bernie look like Ronald Reagan.

Arguing otherwise is like saying Bernie supporters today would rather vote for Ted Cruz had he'd been the nominee rather than Hillary. That's the analogy.

40% of Bernie voters say they will not vote for Hillary. If they stay home or vote for Trump, Trump wins.
They say that now but look at how many Republican said they wouldn't vote for Trump but slowly they are coming around. Primaries are wen you fall in love. After that you fall in line.

Even Trump is warning Bill Kristol not to run a Republican as an independent because then they can kiss the Supreme Court goodbye.

Trump slams 'spoiler' bid after Kristol says independent candidate to run | Fox News

Donald Trump took to Twitter Sunday night to slam fresh predictions from Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol that an independent candidate would soon be entering the race for president, warning that a 2016 “spoiler” could swing the race to the Democrats.

Trump:The Republican Party has to be smart & strong if it wants to win in November. Can't allow lightweights to set up a spoiler Indie candidate!
Bill: Just a heads up over this holiday weekend: There will be an independent candidate--an impressive one, with a strong team and a real chance.

Trump: If dummy Bill Kristol actually does get a spoiler to run as an Independent, say good bye to the Supreme Court!

This is why I won't vote for Trump. The Supreme Court hangs in the balance.

But I also find it funny Trump isn't even worried about the Losertarian Johnson. Libertarians are nothing more than a blip in the radar. Unable to even convince 5% of us that their ideas are good. Even the tea party did better with nuts like Bachman & Palin.

So it matters.

Sorry Toro, not true.

That article doesn't really debunk the myth, it merely makes an argument that it's not a certainty that Nader cost Gore the election.

Of course there are many counterfactuals, but Gore would have won Nader's supporters over by at least 0.5% over Bush in Florida. I went to a Nader rally here. What a crew that attended. He made Bernie look like Ronald Reagan.

Arguing otherwise is like saying Bernie supporters today would rather vote for Ted Cruz had he'd been the nominee rather than Hillary. That's the analogy.

40% of Bernie voters say they will not vote for Hillary. If they stay home or vote for Trump, Trump wins.

And 40% of Republicans who didn't vote for Trump said they wouldn't for Trump in the general either. Now, most of them are lining up behind him. As most of Bernie's supporters will line up behind Hillary.

Libertarians on Sunday selected former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson as their party's presidential nominee, at their party convention in Orlando, Florida.

Johnson was the party's nominee in 2012 and once again won the position despite backlash from the party's more radical Libertarian wing.

In the first round of voting, Johnson reached 49.5 percent of the vote, according to the official party total, just shy of the majority needed for victory. His nearest opponents, Austin Petersen and John McAfee, reached 21 and 14 percent respectively. On the second round of voting, Johnson clinched the nomination with 55.8 percent of the vote.
Gary Johnson wins Libertarian presidential nomination at party convention - CNNPolitics.com

The Libertarian Party retains its status as a backup plan for failed Republican politicians by nominating Johnson again, and likely nominating Bill Weld for his running mate. At this point, it's time for the Libertarian Party to rebrand since they seem to be more interested in nominating Republican cast-offs than anybody interested in libertarianism.

Wins? Was there a primary?

He was chosen, which is fine. But he also didn't have to go through the process the other candidates did.
Sure. Being chosen is winning. Ask any beauty pageant winner. Of course, the other nominees are chosen as well, and in the same manner. The only difference is that Republican and Democratic delegates, except for Democratic super-delegates, are voted for.

OK, dude. Pay attention. Either Trump or the hildebeast will be president in 2017. No one else has a chance.

NOW THINK-----------------do you really want the lying corrupt bitch Hillary Clinton in the white house? Do you really want that mentally defective criminal nominating 3 or 4 SC justices?

THINK, THINK, THINK. WAKE UP AND THINK ABOUT YOUR REAL CHOICES THIS YEAR. GARY JOHNSON WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT, NEVER!!!!

I'd rather have the crony insider criminal with her finger on the button than the thin-skinned, unstable, bloviating, inexperienced narcissist who makes fun of a person's handicap, publicly lambastes judges in cases in which he is involved, and says he gets his military advice watching TV shows.

No damn way do I want that guy determining if my son goes off to war.

Your son is much more likely to go to war under a Hillary administration than a Trump administration. Hillary voted to authorize and fund the Iraq fiasco. Trump was opposed to it.

If you think that Hillary is not a war monger, then you haven't been paying attention for the last 30 years.

She also owes favors to many international power brokers who funneled bribes to her via the Clinton foundation.

Wake up, Hillary Clinton would be very dangerous for this nation.

I'm a libertarian and I can't vote for Johnson. He's an open borders guy and his VP is a gun control advocate.

I'll vote like bertarian locally as always but I can't justify voting for Johnson.
So you believe in gov't control. Got it.
Most so called libertarians are merely statists who want to smoke weed.
Government control is the GOP trashing the constitutional right to the pursuit of happiness, by trying to keep pot illegal.

Government control is the GOP trying to make women have kids they can't afford to raise.

Government control is the GOP trying to make freedom of religion only for right wing "so called" Christians.

Lots of hippo in your crit.
Pot is happiness?
That's a fail
Murder is a right?
That's a fail
Freedom of religion is only for right wing Christians?
That's a fail

Three strikes and yer out!

That's only a small portion of the epic fail in that thread.

So it matters.

Sorry Toro, not true.

And 40% of Republicans who didn't vote for Trump said they wouldn't for Trump in the general either. Now, most of them are lining up behind him. As most of Bernie's supporters will line up behind Hillary.

that's not what the recent polls say, but you are free to believe that fantasy if you choose.

I'm a libertarian and I can't vote for Johnson. He's an open borders guy and his VP is a gun control advocate.

I'll vote like bertarian locally as always but I can't justify voting for Johnson.

Do you have the slightest clue as to what you are babbling about?

Where in that post of mine does it tell you I'm for government control? Where exactly is your reading comprehension failing you?
So you don't get that asking the government's permission just to cross a border represents control? Or do you think human rights somehow stop at the border?

That is not government control of its citizens, it's control of its borders which is one of the few legitimate duties of the government. Got it now?

So it matters.

Sorry Toro, not true.

They say that now but look at how many Republican said they wouldn't vote for Trump but slowly they are coming around. Primaries are wen you fall in love. After that you fall in line.

Right.

They did that analysis on Meet the Press last weekend. Based on their polling analysis, they estimate that 70% of Bernie supporters will wind up supporting Clinton. Plugging those numbers in bumps Hillary up in the polls by 3%.

Most of Bernie's supporters are to the left of Hillary. Most put climate change at the top of their concerns. Bernie says it's one of the most important issues of our lifetimes. Trump says global warming is a hoax. And guys like Redfish think that many Bernie supporters will vote for Trump.

:thup:

Do you have the slightest clue as to what you are babbling about?

Where in that post of mine does it tell you I'm for government control? Where exactly is your reading comprehension failing you?
So you don't get that asking the government's permission just to cross a border represents control? Or do you think human rights somehow stop at the border?

That is not government control of its citizens, it's control of its borders which is one of the few legitimate duties of the government. Got it now?
LOL. If gov't says this person can come over and that person cant then that is control over people.
What part of the Constitution authortizes Immigration restrictions?

Libertarians on Sunday selected former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson as their party's presidential nominee, at their party convention in Orlando, Florida.

Johnson was the party's nominee in 2012 and once again won the position despite backlash from the party's more radical Libertarian wing.

In the first round of voting, Johnson reached 49.5 percent of the vote, according to the official party total, just shy of the majority needed for victory. His nearest opponents, Austin Petersen and John McAfee, reached 21 and 14 percent respectively. On the second round of voting, Johnson clinched the nomination with 55.8 percent of the vote.
Gary Johnson wins Libertarian presidential nomination at party convention - CNNPolitics.com

The Libertarian Party retains its status as a backup plan for failed Republican politicians by nominating Johnson again, and likely nominating Bill Weld for his running mate. At this point, it's time for the Libertarian Party to rebrand since they seem to be more interested in nominating Republican cast-offs than anybody interested in libertarianism.

He was chosen, which is fine. But he also didn't have to go through the process the other candidates did.
Sure. Being chosen is winning. Ask any beauty pageant winner. Of course, the other nominees are chosen as well, and in the same manner. The only difference is that Republican and Democratic delegates, except for Democratic super-delegates, are voted for.

OK, dude. Pay attention. Either Trump or the hildebeast will be president in 2017. No one else has a chance.

NOW THINK-----------------do you really want the lying corrupt bitch Hillary Clinton in the white house? Do you really want that mentally defective criminal nominating 3 or 4 SC justices?

THINK, THINK, THINK. WAKE UP AND THINK ABOUT YOUR REAL CHOICES THIS YEAR. GARY JOHNSON WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT, NEVER!!!!

I'd rather have the crony insider criminal with her finger on the button than the thin-skinned, unstable, bloviating, inexperienced narcissist who makes fun of a person's handicap, publicly lambastes judges in cases in which he is involved, and says he gets his military advice watching TV shows.

Trump University told its recruiters to play on shame, exploit aspirations, and overcome customer objections, by telling prospective students: “do you like living paycheck to paycheck? ... Do you enjoy seeing everyone else but yourself in their dream houses and driving their dreams cars with huge checking accounts? Those people saw an opportunity, and didn’t make excuses, like what you’re doing now.”

The playbook urged recruiters to play to emotions: “Don’t ask people what they THINK about something you’ve said. Instead, always ask them how they FEEL about it. People buy emotionally and justify it logically.... The risk isn’t spending 35K - it’s entering into the world of REAL ESTATE without specialized knowledge, guidance and trained professionals in the field holding your hand. WE are the safe decision. Fear is preventing you from investing in yourself.”

Right.

They did that analysis on Meet the Press last weekend. Based on their polling analysis, they estimate that 70% of Bernie supporters will wind up supporting Clinton. Plugging those numbers in bumps Hillary up in the polls by 3%.

Most of Bernie's supporters are to the left of Hillary. Most put climate change at the top of their concerns. Bernie says it's one of the most important issues of our lifetimes. Trump says global warming is a hoax. And guys like Redfish think that many Bernie supporters will vote for Trump.

man made global warming (now climate change) is a hoax. Man is not changing the climate of planet earth. The sun might, but man is not and never will.

I don't care if the 30% of Bernie supporters stay home or vote Trump, either way Trump wins.

Gary "Stoner" Johnson's record as NM Governor:

He increased spending in New Mexico by 50% over 8 years - 2.5X the pace of inflation
He increased the public debt by $2.78 billion
He never cut taxes or implemented any Libertarian programs or reforms as Governor.

He is not a libertarian. He's just another big government Republican who smokes pot.......

In a written declaration, a former Trump University sales manager, Ronald Schnackenberg, said he was reprimanded for failing to get one couple to buy the $34,995 package, which he feared they could not afford; then he watched another salesman close the deal. He wrote: “I believe that Trump University was a fraudulent scheme, and that it preyed upon the elderly and uneducated to separate them from their money.”

Donald Trump owned 93 percent of the business, yet while prospective students were promised that they would learn from the master, and that all the instructors were “hand-picked” by Trump, he actually met almost none of the instructors, and the closest that students got to Trump was a photo with a cardboard cutout of him. Many of the instructors, in fact, had little experience in real estate.

The abuses at Trump University have led not only to class action lawsuits by former students but also a $40 million suit alleging fraud that New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is pursuing against Trump. Schneiderman on Tuesday called Trump University a “three-card monte game.”

Deceptive, high-pressure recruiting, efforts to exploit pain and shame, bait-and-switch tactics, escalating high prices, low quality. Where have we heard this scam before?

Gary "Stoner" Johnson's record as NM Governor:

He increased spending in New Mexico by 50% over 8 years - 2.5X the pace of inflation
He increased the public debt by $2.78 billion
He never cut taxes or implemented any Libertarian programs or reforms as Governor.

He is not a libertarian. He's just another big government Republican who smokes pot.......
That still makes him better than Trump. Maybe Trump should start smoking pot. Might take his mind off his little pecker.

Your son is much more likely to go to war under a Hillary administration than a Trump administration. Hillary voted to authorize and fund the Iraq fiasco. Trump was opposed to it.

If you think that Hillary is not a war monger, then you haven't been paying attention for the last 30 years.

She also owes favors to many international power brokers who funneled bribes to her via the Clinton foundation.

Wake up, Hillary Clinton would be very dangerous for this nation.
Trump wasn't a politician back then so who cares what he said or thought at the time. The fact is, you can't believe a god damn word Trump says. Sorry he is such a flawed candidate. Maybe you should have vetted him better.

Right.

man made global warming (now climate change) is a hoax. Man is not changing the climate of planet earth. The sun might, but man is not and never will.

I don't care if the 30% of Bernie supporters stay home or vote Trump, either way Trump wins.
Yes it has you're just fucking stupid. The ozone was getting bigger, we stopped using arasol cans and it shrunk

Ok cookie

What process did the other candidates go through? Isn't it up to each political party to select their own candidates?

Seriously? Do you need an education as to what the primary process is?

Don't bother others with really ignorant questions.

She isn't ahead because of super delegates. She's ahead because she had more votes and a lot more pledge delegates.

But please tell more lies.

No, I don't. I don't want Trump to be president either. Also, as I've said repeatedly in this thread, I don't want Johnson to be president. You're right that Johnson doesn't have a chance. So who would I rather have between Hillary and Trump? I don't care. Flip a coin. Making a distinction between two turds doesn't interest me.

Forum List

Back