The last war you felt good about supporting?

Jack4jill

Apr 17, 2016
If, that is, there has ever been one in your lifetime and hopefully, one that we won which for most of you has happened, kind of, only once in your lifetime.

My choice, WWII.

After 9/11 the defeat of the Taliban in Afghanistan was worthy, but I always thought we should have left it at that. Bomb the place back to the stone age to give those people something worthwhile to do and stay out of trouble.

If, that is, there has ever been one in your lifetime and hopefully, one that we won which for most of you has happened, kind of, only once in your lifetime.

My choice, WWII.
Every war from December 8, 1941 to the present time. I hate and detest war but I am bound to support the USA no matter what. Color me Red,White and Blue.

• Banned

My choice, WWII.
Every war from December 8, 1941 to the present time. I hate and detest war but I am bound to support the USA no matter what. Color me Red,White and Blue.
A fool. Okay.

My choice, WWII.

You're a Yankee Doodle Dandy :)

• Banned
After 9/11 the defeat of the Taliban in Afghanistan was worthy, but I always thought we should have left it at that. Bomb the place back to the stone age to give those people something worthwhile to do and stay out of trouble.
The Taliban, that we are still fighting and will take the place over again as soon as we leave? Okay.

WW2 was a disaster that killed an estimated 80 million civilians. Almost every family in the United States was impacted by the loss or wounding of a Serviceman. The only reason people "feel good about it" is because of romantic notions and the media's encouragement. WW2 is the last war the media supported.

WW2 was a disaster that killed an estimated 80 million civilians. Almost every family in the United States was impacted by the loss or wounding of a Serviceman. The only reason people "feel good about it" is because of romantic notions and the media's encouragement. WW2 is the last war the media supported.
WWII was no disaster for us. It made us into one of two Superpowers.

More soldiers have died fighting terrorism than civilians were killed on 9/11. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of innocent people that were collateral damage in our quest for vengeance. At some point after all the dust settles and the streets are littered with bodies we have to ask ourselves "What are we accomplishing, and is it worth it?"

Last edited:

My choice, WWII.

images

Funny... You don't look that old.

Why choose World War II as the war you support?

*****SMILE*****

:rolleyes:

My choice, WWII.

The last war we fought dumb dumb was WII ...

My choice, WWII.

images

Funny... You don't look that old.

Why choose World War II as the war you support?

*****SMILE*****

:rolleyes:

It was the last worthy war, a war fought for the right reasons, to reestablish liberalism as the ruling philosophy. It was also the last one we actually won.

Part of what made it so brutal is it was actually fought that way. It should have ended better but those are the breaks.

Forum List

Back