Game Over

Corporations have a right to have their voice heard as well. I know you libs hate corporations that make your life easier, but they are here to say and will survive your whining and anti american sentiment.
Could you please explain how corporations make our life easier? Tell me, please. I live in the Rust Belt where corporations have pulled up stakes, ruined communities and moved their operations to Asia and Mexico. Now, we have nothing but the poisoned land and water they left behind.

Please tell us, Mr. Corporation, how our lives are easier as a result of downsizing, globalization, corporate influence in workplace safety, product safety and environmental safe guards.

I am not arguing with your downside of corporations, but when you ask what they gave us....steel, gasoline, medine, eletricity on demand, any product that was used to build the building you live in and the fixtures used to make your life 'easier' (light switches, faucets, toilets, etc), the paper you use to write, the books you read, etc, etc, etc.

Gov has always climbed in bed with money to gain power, in exchange the gov changes the rules to protect the existing industries.

If you want a fair playing field, that is a good thing, if you want to eliminate 'corporations', go take a serious look at any structure and think how long it would take to build without 'corporations'. When you look at getting supplies somewhere 'fast', it is the corporations that have the 'can do' techniques and experience.

Bottom line...the gov is more responsible for corporations being 'monsters' than the corporations are, they just do what they are legally able to do. Above that, morality, is even more important. If there are no morals, gov and corps will do whatever they want. That brings us to a whole new discussion, one that most people refuse to acknowledge; it is to close to home.
I don't want to eliminate corporations. I want to hold them accountable. Accountable for the damage they do to our planet. Accountable for their decisions to outsource and downsize. Accountable for their political actions.

The modern Conservative seems to believe that corporations are incapable of doing anything but good. I wonder why that is? Could it be because the modern Conservative has yet to fully understand the implications of corporate rule? Could it be that the modern Conservative feels that he/she is only one or two steps away from acquiring the same level of power and control held by a corporate board? That I doubt.

Perhaps it is because the modern Conservative has taken the pro-corporate propaganda spewed daily from so-called pundits like the addict Limbaugh and Glenn "I wish I had paid attention in school" Beck.

Unions and 527s have been doing it for years...

NOW you have a problem with it?

Dear complete fool, there are now NO restrictions.

just like the unions and 527s have enjoyed.

cry me a river

Unions had restrictions, I cant see how anybody can think that with this new judgement a corporation being able to back up a candidate with hundreds of millions of dollars if it wants to is a good thing for the nation.

House bite me.

The game has changed and I have never supported anyone but Individuals being able to donate to a candidate or party.

Now are you happy we have foreign entities now able to donate and place their own ads all they wish?

How does allowing foreign entities to own controling interests in US companies and effect our elections level any field for Americans?

Answer my question, you hack...

Why are you OK with unions and 527s donating to candidates, but not corporations?
I know!

Because giving corporations that much opportunity to buy elected officials will no doubt skew the laws to protect corporations at the expense of average citizens. Laws mandating worker safety, product safety, liability cases, environmental safeguards, outsourcing and the other nefarious deeds we have seen companies pull in the past.

How does allowing foreign entities to own controling interests in US companies and effect our elections level any field for Americans?

Answer my question, you hack...

Why are you OK with unions and 527s donating to candidates, but not corporations?
Suddenly, the leftys hate that much bemoaned *ahem* "level playing field".

Strange days indeed.

'
Ahh thhis is the same thing about my argument of not letting contributions from outside a state be used in any state election.
Remember foreign countries have an interest in who is senators and such as well.
Foreign aid for Israel and arms is one example.

Our govt is clearly for sale to the highest bidder.

Wheres the lie fool?

We now will have elections that are dominated by corporate spending on supporting or apposing certain candidates.

No one will be able to raise enough money to fight the influence.

The old rules

Political Campaign Contribution Laws for Individuals

Corporations and Labor Unions -- are also prohibited form contributing. This law applies to all incorporated organizations, profit or non-profit. Business owners are not allowed to make contributions from their business accounts. Although corporations and labor organizations may not make contributions or expenditures in connection with federal elections, they may establish PACs.

HOW are you guys feeling about the likes of the Bin Ladin family effecting our elections?

rich people everywhere can now buy a piece of our government control.

I just dont understand how ANY American can be Happy about this.

A CEO will have massive power now.

Unchecked and free to flood the airwaves with whater they see fit during an election.

Who makes sure the CEO is an American?

we'll let you take that on.

here's a badge...
283-301.jpg

good hunting

Why do you refuse to get the point.

You like the idea that the Bin Ladin family can now buy in and pick our president?

Wheres the lie fool?

We now will have elections that are dominated by corporate spending on supporting or apposing certain candidates.

No one will be able to raise enough money to fight the influence.

The old rules

Corporations and Labor Unions -- are also prohibited form contributing. This law applies to all incorporated organizations, profit or non-profit. Business owners are not allowed to make contributions from their business accounts. Although corporations and labor organizations may not make contributions or expenditures in connection with federal elections, they may establish PACs.

OpenSecrets

Lot's of unions on that list...

Imagine if that money went to the union employees instead of big gubmint...:eek:

There are now NO limits.

You refuse to accept the fact that this is a rule change.

The Bin Ladin family now can get a voice and choice in our elections if they so wish.

You and most Americans can not come anywhere close to the power they now can have.

The old rules

OpenSecrets

Lot's of unions on that list...

Imagine if that money went to the union employees instead of big gubmint...:eek:

A lot of corporations on that list, and I approve of my union dues being used to fight against anti union candidates by supporting pro labor candidates.

This is the thought that has been running through my head for the last 24 hours.

Game Over, this country is soon to be dead.

The great American experiment with democracy is done.

Well, the long live the Republic. Democracy is overrated. The Republic is what we've always needed.

And let me know where to forward your mail to.

Forum List

Back