Game Over

I have been tellinig you for a few years that the golden age of America is past.

Then pack and leave. Cuba is nice this time of year. America needs people prepared to work, not sit around and whine cuz they didn't get the nanny state they wanted. You want a nanny state, there's the whole of Europe to pick from. I recommend France.

Why would I want to leave? I have maybe a year left.

I sort of enjoy watching people make fools of themselves.

I did come close to moving to NZ a few years ago though.

There is a hard road ahead of us. We don't need people who will not walk beside us, and carry their share of the load. We need people who are prepared to work - hard. To do what JFK told us to do 'ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country'. It doesn't matter whether you are left or right - it is our responsibility to ourselves and each other to work to make this country the nation we deserve it to be. In order to achieve that, we really don't need a bunch of whiny kids saying 'carry me'...

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Corporations have a right to have their voice heard as well. I know you libs hate corporations that make your life easier, but they are here to say and will survive your whining and anti american sentiment.

The political pendulum swings from one side to the other. It never stays in one place for long. It was to the right for eight years and then swung to the left. It is now self correcting to move more towards the center.

It is not the end of the world but the way our political system works.

My biggest concern is that the right and left can no longer work together to find a middle ground. it is all or nothing for one side or the other. The result is that we end up with nothing

Me Too

Excellent post man

EDIT: I saw some comments about how is getting nothing from the government bad. Ummm....good question!!!. When it comes to the government less is always more in my book but at the same time i'm pragmatic enough to know we occasionally need them to make a new law and with the current system we either get an all or nothing law which always ends up sucking for one side or the other.

Last edited:
My biggest concern is that the right and left can no longer work together to find a middle ground. it is all or nothing for one side or the other. The result is that we end up with nothing
And the downshot of getting nothing is?
WE end up with nothing, while those with the means to secure access to law makers end up with all the perks.

We may yet become a real place run by patrician companies with nothing going to the plebeians.

Then pack and leave. Cuba is nice this time of year. America needs people prepared to work, not sit around and whine cuz they didn't get the nanny state they wanted. You want a nanny state, there's the whole of Europe to pick from. I recommend France.

Why would I want to leave? I have maybe a year left.

I sort of enjoy watching people make fools of themselves.

I did come close to moving to NZ a few years ago though.

There is a hard road ahead of us. We don't need people who will not walk beside us, and carry their share of the load. We need people who are prepared to work - hard. To do what JFK told us to do 'ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country'. It doesn't matter whether you are left or right - it is our responsibility to ourselves and each other to work to make this country the nation we deserve it to be. In order to achieve that, we really don't need a bunch of whiny kids saying 'carry me'...

I have done that for more years than most of those here have been alive.
Your turn to screw the pooch.

This is the thought that has been running through my head for the last 24 hours.

Game Over, this country is soon to be dead.

The great American experiment with democracy is done.

I thought America was going to survive Obama and the Democrats. Guess not.

:eusa_shhh: It's all part of our cunning plan to rid the country of progressives. They're all leaving and heading to Cuba. Then, we can revoke their citizenships and be left with decent, honest, hardworking Americans. Devious, huh?

Interesting take on our citizenry.

The political pendulum swings from one side to the other. It never stays in one place for long. It was to the right for eight years and then swung to the left. It is now self correcting to move more towards the center.

It is not the end of the world but the way our political system works.

Which only demonstrates the failure of a two party monopoly, especially when the differences between those two parties is superficial, even if they pretend their inflexible ideologies are polar opposites.

As my avatar says you have progressive or progressive light.....on tuesday the people rose up and said enough...i hope it was the start of a revolution in politics reborn.

Tea Paryt Redux

Mass We Can!!!!

This is the thought that has been running through my head for the last 24 hours.

I have been tellinig you for a few years that the golden age of America is past.

CG, the Golden age (the apex of American power and prestige) has come and gone. That was the 40s, 50s and early 60s. We've been on the downhill slide ever since, it's historically cyclical for all major world powers.

Corporations have a right to have their voice heard as well. I know you libs hate corporations that make your life easier, but they are here to say and will survive your whining and anti american sentiment.
Could you please explain how corporations make our life easier? Tell me, please. I live in the Rust Belt where corporations have pulled up stakes, ruined communities and moved their operations to Asia and Mexico. Now, we have nothing but the poisoned land and water they left behind.

Please tell us, Mr. Corporation, how our lives are easier as a result of downsizing, globalization, corporate influence in workplace safety, product safety and environmental safe guards.

CG, the Golden age (the apex of American power and prestige) has come and gone. That was the 40s, 50s and early 60s. We've been on the downhill slide ever since, it's historically cyclical for all major world powers.

Call it the optimism of youth. I'm still young enough to believe that, just because we have had great days behind us, doesn't mean there are no more ahead of us. We just have to get back to what made us great. We've been on the downhill slide because we keep forgetting to live by our Constitution.

We have problems , Obama and his progressive movement are not the answer anymore so then when Wilson had them.
The People are the answer, and the people united can never be defeated.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, the people helped this happen

Typical fucking progressive. Fuck up and cry about how the dream is over.... it ain't over - it was never your dream - it's ours. Progressives aren't 'we, the People', they keep forgetting that.... it takes all Americans (even the fucking progressives) to define 'we, the People'. People on the right remember that, idiots on the left always forget it.

the SCOTUS just killed the "we the people".

WE end up with nothing, while those with the means to secure access to law makers end up with all the perks.

We may yet become a real place run by patrician companies with nothing going to the plebeians.
Well, that's a symptom of gubmint that controls too much and has too much power....Something authoritarian do-gooder libs just love, when it claims to achieve ends they approve of.

You don't get it both ways, bunkie.

They already had a say, now they can just out right buy a candidate. Do you think, say a Bank of America, would ever be denied a bail out if those who make that decision received millions from them for their campaign just a few years earlier? Would there even be the pretense of a debate over it?

Call it the optimism of youth. I'm still young enough to believe that, just because we have had great days behind us, doesn't mean there are no more ahead of us. We just have to get back to what made us great. We've been on the downhill slide because we keep forgetting to live by our Constitution.
Come clean! Do you think that monkeying around with the marginal tax rates for the richest folks here will keep manufacturing jobs in America? Do you think eliminating any chance at real health care reform will produce one good paying middle class job? do you think that oppressing gay rights, turning a blind eye to the environment, eliminating Social Security and Medicare benefits for the elderly and turning banks and multi-national corporations loose to do as they please will actually secure a future for a 2010 high school graduate?

It ain't the constitution, it's the laissez faire attitude Conservatives want toward globalization that is ruining this nation.

No American jobs means no American future.

After yesterday's Supreme Court decision this will be our flag in a few years.

corporate-flag2.jpg

It may just come to that.

Well, that's a symptom of gubmint that controls too much and has too much power....Something authoritarian do-gooder libs just love, when it claims to achieve ends they approve of.

You don't get it both ways, bunkie.
It ain't the gumint. It's those with access to it calling the shots.

Thanks, judicial activists on SCOTUS! You just sold out access to lawmakers to the highest bidder!

Come clean! Do you think that monkeying around with the marginal tax rates for the richest folks here will keep manufacturing jobs in America? Do you think eliminating any chance at real health care reform will produce one good paying middle class job? do you think that oppressing gay rights, turning a blind eye to the environment, eliminating Social Security and Medicare benefits for the elderly and turning banks and multi-national corporations loose to do as they please will actually secure a future for a 2010 high school graduate?

It ain't the constitution, it's the laissez faire attitude Conservatives want toward globalization that is ruining this nation.

No American jobs means no American future.

This thread isn't about that. It's about giving up on the 'American Dream'. I haven't given up on it. I would prefer my fellow Americans do what we do best.... fight, side by side, to secure our future. We will not agree on every path we take to get there but I'm still idealistic enough to believe that we can get there.

Forum List

Back