Game Over

Me Too

Excellent post man

EDIT: I saw some comments about how is getting nothing from the government bad. Ummm....good question!!!. When it comes to the government less is always more in my book but at the same time i'm pragmatic enough to know we occasionally need them to make a new law and with the current system we either get an all or nothing law which always ends up sucking for one side or the other.

I dont want much at all from the government equal protection under the law secure borders .
I support government doing science projects .
Im not a fan of gift cards.

In my opinion the federal government's role is very simple:

1) Protect us from foreign threats (not just militarily)
2) Equal Protection under the law
3) Stay out of the people's way and in doing so stay out of state governance.

Thats it....thats all the feds SHOULD be invovled in. The rest should fall to individual states and towns.

If that were all the federal government should do, there wouldn't be a "general welfare" clause in the Constitution. There wouldn't be a commerce clause.

The idea that government serves minimal purpose may have been fine when all there were, were dirt roads and horses... not now.

environment, roads, education, etc...

people who hate government, shouldn't run government any more than someone who hates artifacts should run a museum.

Go reseach the cumberland road and the louisianna purchase.

Then you will know why the government has to do more than some think.

Wheres the lie fool?

We now will have elections that are dominated by corporate spending on supporting or apposing certain candidates.

No one will be able to raise enough money to fight the influence.

Unions and 527s have been doing it for years...

NOW you have a problem with it?

Dear complete fool, there are now NO restrictions.

Wheres the lie fool?

We now will have elections that are dominated by corporate spending on supporting or apposing certain candidates.

just like the unions and 527s have enjoyed.

cry me a river

Wheres the lie fool?

Dear complete shitstain, you didn't answer my question...

I'm not a fan of this decision, but...

...it is fair according to the precedent of money = free speech.

...fits with the view of corporations as a legal personage.

...is potentially very dangerous in elections.

...gives more importance to pushing for total campaign funding reform demanding 100% transparency.

Essentially, I'm okay with this as long as everyone knows who bought your ass, so we can decide to support you or not. Or like one commentator said... make em like NASCAR and with their owner's logos all over their clothing.

You should not be able to have this with the security of anonymity.

no buying if asses nesessary, just hit jobs on anyone who the corps think may cost them a dime.

Then pack and leave. Cuba is nice this time of year. America needs people prepared to work, not sit around and whine cuz they didn't get the nanny state they wanted. You want a nanny state, there's the whole of Europe to pick from. I recommend France.

CG, the Golden age (the apex of American power and prestige) has come and gone. That was the 40s, 50s and early 60s. We've been on the downhill slide ever since, it's historically cyclical for all major world powers.

I disagree...
As a country we are well advanced from that "golden age" The 40s, 50s and 60s were a disgrace in terms of civil rights for blacks, women and gays. We have made significant progress since that time.
We are also well advanced in terms of international power. We were involved in the Cold War in the 40s, 50s and 60s and were one of two super powers. We are the only game in town now.

You obviously misinterpreted my point, I was not addressing internal social systems or politics, I was talking in general based on historic life cycles of "empires". Like all the others we will have our periods of resurgence followed by declines that could last hundreds of years. The basic cycles have always repeated, some have long life spans others much shorter but always with essentially the same result.

CG, the Golden age (the apex of American power and prestige) has come and gone. That was the 40s, 50s and early 60s. We've been on the downhill slide ever since, it's historically cyclical for all major world powers.

I disagree...
As a country we are well advanced from that "golden age" The 40s, 50s and 60s were a disgrace in terms of civil rights for blacks, women and gays. We have made significant progress since that time.
We are also well advanced in terms of international power. We were involved in the Cold War in the 40s, 50s and 60s and were one of two super powers. We are the only game in town now.

You obviously misinterpreted my point, I was not addressing internal social systems or politics, I was talking in general based on historic life cycles of "empires". Like all the others we will have our periods of resurgence followed by declines that could last hundreds of years. The basic cycles have always repeated, some have long life spans others much shorter but always with essentially the same result.

Got it

However, reports of our demise are grossly exagerated.

We still have the most powerful economic engine on earth

I disagree...

Got it

However, reports of our demise are grossly exagerated.

We still have the most powerful economic engine on earth

Hence my statement about being around as a (or the) major player for hundreds of years more. Look how long it took Rome and The English Empire to self destruct.

A CEO will have massive power now.

Unchecked and free to flood the airwaves with whater they see fit during an election.

Who makes sure the CEO is an American?

This country can now be influenced by any person with enough money no matter what country they live in.

The Bin Ladin family can now pick our next president if they have enough interests in enough American corps.

How does allowing foreign entities to own controling interests in US companies and effect our elections level any field for Americans?

Forum List

Back