Forget Lobster for dinner, try $150k spent on clothes!

I thought she was just a regular "Joe Six Pack"...a "Hockey Mom". Seems to me I don't remember most people dropping that kind of money on clothes for themselves or their family in a lifetime let alone in less than a month. I wonder, now that the poll numbers are on a steady slide for McCain/Palin, whether their supporters really appreciate catering to her sense of style (and paying for it too). Guess it really is true...all style no substance. And it came at a pretty steep price!

I thought she was just a regular "Joe Six Pack"...a "Hockey Mom". Seems to me I don't remember most people dropping that kind of money on clothes for themselves or their family in a lifetime let alone in less than a month. I wonder, now that the poll numbers are on a steady slide for McCain/Palin, whether their supporters really appreciate catering to her sense of style (and paying for it too). Guess it really is true...all style no substance. And it came at a pretty steep price!

How about ...

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has billed taxpayers for 312 nights spent in her own home during her first 19 months in office, charging a "per diem" allowance intended to cover meals and incidental expenses while traveling on state business. Palin Billed State for Nights Spent at Home - washingtonpost.com

75,000 at ONE STORE!

Holy S**T! My condo was only $10,000 dollars more than that one spending spree! And I've lived there 11 years. It lasts longer than an outfit, and keeps me warm in the cold winter months!

I like shelter.

Well it was Neiman... I think she even bought that cookie recipe that you hear so much about on the internet....

This is only an issue because it is counter to the image Palin has been trying to project, and makes her look extremely hypocritical. I persnally don't care if the RNC spends money on clothes instead of attack ads.

I would like to mention that $150,000 is more than my house costed when I bought it 5 years ago.

""The 2002 campaign finance law that bears McCain's name specifically barred any funds that "are donated for the purpose of supporting the activities of a federal or state office holder" from being used for personal expenses including clothing. A quirk in the law does not specifically mention party committees, however.

That doesn't mean the expenditure would not be subject to a challenge before the Federal Election Commission.

Lawrence M. Noble, former general counsel at the FEC, noted that as a coordinated party expense, the clothing purchase could be considered a contribution to the campaign.

"And if it was a contribution, then it could not have been used for buying clothing," Noble said. "I don't know how the FEC would come out on that question."

"If it is covered (as a personal use expense), the argument that we were going to give it to a charity doesn't help," he added.

Fifteen years ago, McCain himself complained that restrictions on political contributions for personal use at that time were too broad and he wrote an amendment to tighten the law.

"The use of campaign funds for items which most Americans would consider to be strictly personal reasons, in my view, erodes public confidence and erodes it significantly," he said on the Senate floor in May 1993.""

I really don't get Republicans, unless its just irrational thinking and ignorance combined. Is that what it is?

""The 2002 campaign finance law that bears McCain's name specifically barred any funds that "are donated for the purpose of supporting the activities of a federal or state office holder" from being used for personal expenses including clothing. A quirk in the law does not specifically mention party committees, however.

That doesn't mean the expenditure would not be subject to a challenge before the Federal Election Commission.

Lawrence M. Noble, former general counsel at the FEC, noted that as a coordinated party expense, the clothing purchase could be considered a contribution to the campaign.

"And if it was a contribution, then it could not have been used for buying clothing," Noble said. "I don't know how the FEC would come out on that question."

"If it is covered (as a personal use expense), the argument that we were going to give it to a charity doesn't help," he added.

Fifteen years ago, McCain himself complained that restrictions on political contributions for personal use at that time were too broad and he wrote an amendment to tighten the law.

"The use of campaign funds for items which most Americans would consider to be strictly personal reasons, in my view, erodes public confidence and erodes it significantly," he said on the Senate floor in May 1993.""

I really don't get Republicans, unless its just irrational thinking and ignorance combined. Is that what it is?

interesting, thanks for the tip and info...

link, please?

Have you been hearing what is being reported on the news this morning on what sarah palin spent at nieman marcus and saks 5th avenue on her new clothes for herself and kids that the RNC funded out of campaign funds?

that's 80 years worth of the average Joe family of 4 spends on clothes in america!

and repubs posted a lie regarding michelle ordering 2 lobsters at the waldorf and bitch and moaned about that kind of exhorbanent spending????

and then there's john edwards $400 haircut too...

sheesh!

what do ye say on this tidbit of facts regarding candidate vp palin and what will it do to this election? anger gop supporters on the waste of campaign funds, show that palin ain't NO EVERY DAY JOE PLUMBER?

RNC shells out $150K for Palin fashion - Jeanne Cummings - Politico.com

Well Well another distration form the REAL issues.

How about ...

I say if you can afford to buy and wear it go for it. Isn't that what America about? Sarah's wardrobe does not diminish her in anyway that is ridiculous. If wearing expensive clothes is her worst sin heck lets vote her for president.

Sarah is a trend setter the glasses she wears have sold out. Those little red shoes she wore sold out. The guy that has those shoes tired to GIVE them to her she refuses any freebies. I like a gal who pays her own way. I do not begrudge anyone for being successful and having money. But as far as I can tell she has yet to buddy up to known terrorist and traitors like Ayers. Or other sleaze balls like Rezo whatever that guys name is. that is how much I want to know about Tony.

Now let's move onto the issues.

I say if you can afford to buy and wear it go for it. Isn't that what America about? Sarah's wardrobe does not diminish her in anyway that is ridiculous. If wearing expensive clothes is her worst sin heck lets vote her for president.

Sarah is a trend setter the glasses she wears have sold out. Those little red shoes she wore sold out. The guy that has those shoes tired to GIVE them to her she refuses any freebies. I like a gal who pays her own way. I do not begrudge anyone for being successful and having money. But as far as I can tell she has yet to buddy up to known terrorist and traitors like Ayers. Or other sleaze balls like Rezo whatever that guys name is. that is how much I want to know about Tony.

Now let's move onto the issues.

LOL!

It's not HER money, if you would have read the link on the first post, you could have saved yourself some embarrasement. Here, I copied some paragraphs for you.

e Republican National Committee has spent more than $150,000 to clothe and accessorize vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin and her family since her surprise pick by John McCain in late August.

According to financial disclosure records, the accessorizing began in early September and included bills from Saks Fifth Avenue in St. Louis and New York for a combined $49,425.74.

The records also document a couple of big-time shopping trips to Neiman Marcus in Minneapolis, including one $75,062.63 spree in early September.

The RNC also spent $4,716.49 on hair and makeup through September after reporting no such costs in August.

The cash expenditures immediately raised questions among campaign finance experts about their legality under the Federal Election Commission's long-standing advisory opinions on using campaign cash to purchase items for personal use.

Now, why this is being made a "big deal" is because it's political funds. Wouldn't you say that's a bit much for clothes and hairspray? Also, some of your friends, such as papernewsboy, posted something about Michelle Obama ordering lobster from room service, and the story turned out to be false. But the Obama bashers were out in full force over that one.

Potato/Potatoe.

Take your pick.

LOL!

It's not HER money, if you would have read the link on the first post, you could have saved yourself some embarrasement. Here, I copied some paragraphs for you.

Now, why this is being made a "big deal" is because it's political funds. Wouldn't you say that's a bit much for clothes and hairspray? Also, some of your friends, such as papernewsboy, posted something about Michelle Obama ordering lobster from room service, and the story turned out to be false. But the Obama bashers were out in full force over that one.

Potato/Potatoe.

Take your pick.

No I read your post all of it. Until you can show me or prove to me she did anything wrong I consider it rumor. Hey maybe you could get on with CNN

No I read your post all of it. Until you can show me or prove to me she did anything wrong I consider it rumor. Hey maybe you could get on with CNN

Um, dear, she's being investigated by the FEC! Here, I bolded, blackened and underlined it again, in case you missed it the first time:

The cash expenditures immediately raised questions among campaign finance experts about their legality under the Federal Election Commission's long-standing advisory opinions on using campaign cash to purchase items for personal use.

But that's ok with you, because she has cool glasses and shoes!

So why couldn't that $150,000 gone to hurricane relief! Didn' they mention something at the RNC about donating money to the relief fund.

UM, then you would see that the proof comes from ALL of the combined media (not just CNN, but Fox, MSMBC, etc.) and that the GOP and the RNC and Palin herself aren't denying it. Don't you believe Palin? Do you believe that she has foreign policy experience because she can see Russia from Alaska (Which isn't exactly true either, you can see an island in the Bering Strait that is under Russian administration from an nearby island that is under US administration).

UM, then you would see that the proof comes from ALL of the combined media (not just CNN, but Fox, MSMBC, etc.) and that the GOP and the RNC and Palin herself aren't denying it. Don't you believe Palin? Do you believe that she has foreign policy experience because she can see Russia from Alaska (Which isn't exactly true either, you can see an island in the Bering Strait that is under Russian administration from an nearby island that is under US administration).
Palin is also released a statement saying she would donate them all to charity, so that is a admission right now. And you know what poor women need is an ugly I might ad Valentino blazer!

So why couldn't that $150,000 gone to hurricane relief! Didn' they mention something at the RNC about donating money to the relief fund.
Not sure about making donations with this but... republicans fighting for congressional seats are pissed about this saying that 150k from the Party would definitely have helped them from getting completely pummeled by the democrats... Its all about priorities... and character... apparently the echelon of the Republican party are missing these points...

Forum List

Back