Forget Lobster for dinner, try $150k spent on clothes!

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
Have you been hearing what is being reported on the news this morning on what sarah palin spent at nieman marcus and saks 5th avenue on her new clothes for herself and kids that the RNC funded out of campaign funds?

that's 80 years worth of the average Joe family of 4 spends on clothes in america!

and repubs posted a lie regarding michelle ordering 2 lobsters at the waldorf and bitch and moaned about that kind of exhorbanent spending????

and then there's john edwards $400 haircut too...

sheesh!

what do ye say on this tidbit of facts regarding candidate vp palin and what will it do to this election? anger gop supporters on the waste of campaign funds, show that palin ain't NO EVERY DAY JOE PLUMBER?

RNC shells out $150K for Palin fashion - Jeanne Cummings - Politico.com

Last edited:
Have you been hearing what is being reported on the news this morning on what sarah palin spent at nieman marcus and saks 5th avenue on her new clothes for herself and kids that the GOP funded our of campaign funds?

that's 80 years worth of the average Joe family of 4 spends on clothes in america!

and repubs posted a lie regarding michelle ordering 2 lobsters at the waldorf and bitch and moaned about that kind of exhorbanent spending????

sheesh!

what do ye say on this tidbit of facts regarding candidate vp palin and what will it do to this election? anger gop supporters on the waste of campaign funds, show that palin ain't NO EVERY DAY JOE PLUMBER?

So basically the Cons try to manipulate the rural poor by lying about the Democrats while they are truly the ones who waste millions of dollars on themselves? Is that the jist of it? Shocking!!!

So Cons, what you guys gonna try and pull now about Obama cause everything you've trued to use has backfired?

mccain accepted public funding and palin loves pork barreling spending as long as it benefits here... anyone willing to vote for this woman needs to open their eyes..the choice of palin as vp...has tossed me pretty much into the obama camp. she is a total wreck waiting to happen.

how in the hell could she spend 5 k on make up and hair for one month and still look like shit warmed over?????

So basically the Cons try to manipulate the rural poor by lying about the Democrats while they are truly the ones who waste millions of dollars on themselves? Is that the jist of it? Shocking!!!

So Cons, what you guys gonna try and pull now about Obama cause everything you've trued to use has backfired?

well, i don't believe the republicans that posted the thread or posts on the michelle lobster thing knew it was an outright lie, they did seem truely upset that the obama's spent money or the dnc spent money on things like lobster when people were so needy in the usa...they should have donated that exorbanent expense on charity....

this is why i am asking what they think about this....?

care

mccain accepted public funding and palin loves pork barreling spending as long as it benefits here... anyone willing to vote for this woman needs to open their eyes..the choice of palin as vp...has tossed me pretty much into the obama camp. she is a total wreck waiting to happen.

how in the hell could she spend 5 k on make up and hair for one month and still look like shit warmed over?????

strolling, i don't think there is anything wrong with taking the public election money....obama SHOULD HAVE stuck with his WORD on this, and done the same....it keeps elections cleaner imho.

I remember when I had a Bergdof-Goodman charge account.

How I used to enjoy that drink at Harry's after shopping in the Central Park South neighbohood.

Those were the days, folks.

So Palin spend a lot of money on clothing, ya' say?

I'm sure it was all perfectly legal.

The upper class and their servants can always find some legal way to get someone else pay for their indulgences.

I'm curious where the outrage is from the Cons on this board at this gross elite behavior?

It's one thing to treat yourself to a nice dinner that might've cost upwards of $400 (which Michelle didn't even do) and it's quite another to spend $150,000 on clothing for yourself and your children in order to present a certain image.

The outrage over the lobster and caviar was ridiculous. If they aren't hypocrites they will condemn this wasteful spending and be equally outraged against their own party.

Small town clothes weren't good enough for her, I guess. I hope she didn't buy these clothes in an anti-American part of the country.

:lol:

okay okay i will admit to venturing into both of these shops...i discovered a white tank top was 400 bucks. i ventured out but then again i am not a real american according to the rpublicans.

Have you been hearing what is being reported on the news this morning on what sarah palin spent at nieman marcus and saks 5th avenue on her new clothes for herself and kids that the RNC funded out of campaign funds?

sheesh!

And the Lobster Dinner was a lie I just found out. See, retractions often go unheard.

ROOM DISSERVICE- New York Post

I get my clothes and my daughter's clothes at Target, Penny's and once in a blue moon Macy's if someone has given us a gift card.

But I don't need to dress up all fancy smancy to impress anyone either.

The daughter only wants to wear Converse now, those shoes aren't cheap on a one parent income, let me tell you!

I get my clothes and my daughter's clothes at Target, Penny's and once in a blue moon Macy's if someone has given us a gift card.

But I don't need to dress up all fancy smancy to impress anyone either.

The daughter only wants to wear Converse now, those shoes aren't cheap on a one parent income, let me tell you!

Echo, my daughter went through a phase where she wanted to wear converse too, I told her she needed to save her money or wear the payless brand, which look exactly the same and cost $20! she went with the payless brand!

I'm not surprised there's no comment from the Cons. They cluck like hens when it's a scandal, made up or not, about the Dems but suddenly fall silent when it's about the Repubs.

I think this issue is reasonating with the American people too, who already have a pretty negative opinion of Sarah Palin. How do you present yourself as Joe Six Pack/Hockey Mom when you're dropping $75,000 at ONE STORE for clothes and accessories and another $40,000 at another store?

Echo, my daughter went through a phase where she wanted to wear converse too, I told her she needed to save her money or wear the payless brand, which look exactly the same and cost $20! she went with the payless brand!

I'm not surprised there's no comment from the Cons. They cluck like hens when it's a scandal, made up or not, about the Dems but suddenly fall silent when it's about the Repubs.

I think this issue is reasonating with the American people too, who already have a pretty negative opinion of Sarah Palin. How do you present yourself as Joe Six Pack/Hockey Mom when you're dropping $75,000 at ONE STORE for clothes and accessories and another $40,000 at another store?

75,000 at ONE STORE!

Holy S**T! My condo was only $10,000 dollars more than that one spending spree! And I've lived there 11 years. It lasts longer than an outfit, and keeps me warm in the cold winter months!

I like shelter.

strolling, i don't think there is anything wrong with taking the public election money....obama SHOULD HAVE stuck with his WORD on this, and done the same....it keeps elections cleaner imho.

What exactly are you saying Obama agreed to? As I see it he agreed to discuss not accept.

sheesh!

i'll state for the record that i feel the same way about this as i did about the lobster story before it was debunked.

i don't give a flying fuck.

carry on.

What Obama said was that he would accept public funding IF AN AGREEMENT WAS REACHED WITH HIS OPPONENT.

But McCain was the one who signed papers taking a loan based on his COMMITTMENT to accept public funding.

One was just "oh wouldn't it be nice"...the other may have broken the law, IMO.

The repubs are just het up over this because for the first time, they aren't the ones slamming the other side moneywise.

75,000 at ONE STORE!

Holy S**T! My condo was only $10,000 dollars more than that one spending spree! And I've lived there 11 years. It lasts longer than an outfit, and keeps me warm in the cold winter months!

I like shelter.

You are an elitests. :lol:

Not to mention that the RNC pays for most of McCain's expenses...and Palin's as this thread proves.

McCain is one slippery dude.

Forum List

Back