Fonda Calls Nam Photo 'An Unforgivable Mistake'

namvet

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
across the pond
cry us a river

2h5l4ba.jpg

Jane Fonda was always an outspoken opponent of the Vietnam War. In 1972, the Academy Award-winning actress and activist traveled to North Vietnam and was photographed laughing and clapping along with Vietnamese soldiers. What followed was a long-lasting wave of criticism and international outrage that earned Fonda the nickname "Hanoi Jane."

Jane Fonda Calls Vietnam Photo 'An Unforgivable Mistake' (VIDEO)

We all know if she was a Republican she would have been tried for treason.

Yes, it is unforgivable, and, no, tjvh, she would have not been tried.

It's been more than 40 years. Get over it. I have, and if I can, you can. You just gotta have a little forgiveness in your heart.

She's getting old and facing death and dealing with the uncomfortable realization that she's going to be answering for what she did in this life at some point in the near future.

and also realizing that her children are going to answer for her mistakes.

Jane is good with the Lord, kg, so I am sure she is not concerned with your worries for her.

Read upon on her conversion to conservative Christianity; Ted divorced her for it.

Still, I have a hard time forgiving her, which is on me.

I don't care if she's concerned with my *worries* for her or not. I was just musing on the motivation that triggers late-in-life apologies.

Repentance is important, which is why she's doing it. We all will pay for our mistakes. We might be forgiven and get into heaven, but there's still an accounting to be made.

PS..please don't talk to me ever again. I like to pretend you don't exist.

She regrets the photo? How about the ten radio broadcasts denouncing her own Country? How about the entire propaganda mission? For some reason Canadian born character actor Donald Southerland escaped criticism for his part in the treason.

It's been more than 40 years. Get over it. I have, and if I can, you can. You just gotta have a little forgiveness in your heart.

I'm only commanded to forgive those that have trespassed against me.

She hasn't and I don't have to.
:cool:

She's old and trying to get into Heaven!
:D

Forum List

Back