Florida Sheriff Declines Invitation to Attend NAACP Banquet

They are...Look at their history and you tell me who they help.

Congrats you figured out the mystery. You win. Nothing... they still don't hate whites anymore than they hate endangered species of animals

that is exactly the point CC. they "claim" to help all americans, yet, they never do. one can conclude they don't like whites. shouldn't they change their motto and goals? why mislead the american people?

thanks for conceding the point.

Only an idiot would conclude such. And only an idiot would take two words and ignore the history of the org AND their mission statement to magnify 2 words.

There is history with this Lee county NAACP president.
The President of the NAACP in Lee county is formerly known as James W Mathis. His name now is James X Muwakkil.

James X Muwakkil also known as James W Curtis won re-elction to the NAACP post after having threatened to kill his opponent when he announced his candidacy. Was he serious? I doubt it, but do know he served in prison for a murder he did commit under the name James Curtis until 1996.

Lee NAACP official accuses fellow member of threatening his life » Naples Daily News
New Lee County NAACP president named amid controversy » Naples Daily News

The national NAACP got upset that they brought light to the fact Battle was threatened.
Muwakkil also has founded Fort Myers Coalition for Justice
Fort Myers Coalition For Justice Inc, Fort Myers, FL

Lee County NAACP to rally for Trayvon Martin - WFTX-TV Fort Myers/Naples, FL

This NAACP president also put together the rallies for Trayvon after Zimmerman's acquittal there. He has been called out by some leaders within the black community there that his agenda is in the wrong place to help the black community. Muwakkil is known for his efforts to help in criminal rights.

I don't live there and thus cannot state whether the motives of any involved in this are correct. All I can do is research what I can find and the above is what I can find.

i lived there for seven years. They used to use migrant slave labor at the tomato plantations in Immokolie Fla..

It was one of the most racial segregated towns in FL when I was there.

slave labor? :cuckoo:
slave labor. probably still going on.

The Nation: Florida's Modern Slavery...The Museum : NPR

All you idiots slamming this sheriff for wanting to stop the violence = you don't care about the violence.
You don't care if the black community has to live with the violence
You don't care if our schools are controlled by gangs
You don't care about decreasing the murder rate

You just don't care....

Really?

Then why were you guys all freaking out about Riots not in your area? Then suddenly don't care when it's white guys rioting? What locality was that?

You missed the point entirely.
If they want to riot,stay in their own neighborhoods. They want to start trashing other peoples shit? Shoot em.
In other words....As long as they shit where they live,I dont give a crap.

So why were all those white ppl freaking out where they had 2 weeks worth of discussions on threats when a real riot happened with a bunch of surfers and it got 3 min on Fox?

Location?

Thats got to be the weakest response ever. So you think a surf contest is going to get more press then a race charged case thats been in the news for over a year?
Context......Get Some!

I swear,you people come up with some of the stupidest shit!

They are...Look at their history and you tell me who they help.

Congrats you figured out the mystery. You win. Nothing... they still don't hate whites anymore than they hate endangered species of animals

that is exactly the point CC. they "claim" to help all americans, yet, they never do. one can conclude they don't like whites. shouldn't they change their motto and goals? why mislead the american people?

Only an idiot would conclude such. And only an idiot would take two words and ignore the history of the org AND their mission statement to magnify 2 words.

yeah...the two words that they claim they are all about.

words have meaning, but not in your world. pity.

and liar, their mission statement says ALL CITIZENS. i pointed this out to you but you're just a dishonest troll that wants to pretend those words don't exist. you want to pretend the naacp never said they are there to all americans and all citizens (for the educated, that means the same thing, but CC is too stupid to understand that).

conclusion: CC lied and lied again by citing their mission statement which actually says the same thing i quoted.

All you idiots slamming this sheriff for wanting to stop the violence = you don't care about the violence.
You don't care if the black community has to live with the violence
You don't care if our schools are controlled by gangs
You don't care about decreasing the murder rate

You just don't care....
Der. That's not true. I care.:eusa_boohoo:

You missed the point entirely.
If they want to riot,stay in their own neighborhoods. They want to start trashing other peoples shit? Shoot em.
In other words....As long as they shit where they live,I dont give a crap.

So why were all those white ppl freaking out where they had 2 weeks worth of discussions on threats when a real riot happened with a bunch of surfers and it got 3 min on Fox?

Location?

Thats got to be the weakest response ever. So you think a surf contest is going to get more press then a race charged case thats been in the news for over a year?
Context......Get Some!

I swear,you people come up with some of the stupidest shit!

I said riot not case. You're thinking of the wrong 4 letter word. Riots didn't even happen but we heard about "what if" "what happens when the blacks riot" "I peed myself"

The Actual riot got a 3 min segment.

Context....get some!

and liar, their mission statement says ALL CITIZENS. i pointed this out to you but you're just a dishonest troll that wants to pretend those words don't exist. you want to pretend the naacp never said they are there to all americans and all citizens (for the educated, that means the same thing, but CC is too stupid to understand that).

conclusion: CC lied and lied again by citing their mission statement which actually says the same thing i quoted.

NAACP Lied...Congrats you caught them.

You win...congrats you're a winner :lol:

I want to end the violence and improve these communities. I'm sorry that gansta culture has so fucked up the minds of so many people that they have to resort to such.
I don't like Congress either.

>

NAACP Lied...Congrats you caught them.

You win...congrats you're a winner :lol:

it is sad you think that it is funny

This is the full text of a remarkable letter from Sheriff Mike Scott of Lee County, in which he blasts the NAACP for ignoring black violence but making a national commotion over the Zimmerman trial. It is unusually frank and to the point.

Lee County Branch NAACP
3903 Dr. Martin Luther King Boulevard
Fort Myers, FL 33916
Attn: President James Muwakkil

Dear President Muwakkil:

I have been invited to the NAACP Freedom Fund Awards Banquet and have been asked to sponsor the event financially. I will not be doing either but wanted to explain my concerns and the reasons for my decision. Frankly, I believe the NAACP locally and nationally loses credibility when it picks and chooses which issues it rallies around and embraces what often appears to be a double standard relative to race and ethnicity. I am citing two (2) local and recent examples of my concern.

Tragically, record numbers of young, black males have been gunned down in the streets of Fort Myers in an epidemic of alarming proportions over the last few years. In virtually every instance the killer was also black and the majority of those cases remain open. Many more black citizens have been injured and were lucky to survive similar circumstances. To date, I am unaware of any appreciable attention or public outcry the NAACP locally or nationally have afforded these issues in our own, proverbial backyard.

Full copy of the letter here in PDF.

The letter from that guy in the OP is pretty funny when one reads this:
NAACP joins forces with law enforcement to combat crime
Published: Jul 10, 2012 6:17 PM EDT
Updated: Jul 10, 2012 6:38 PM EDT

"FORT MYERS, Fla.- The NAACP met with Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott to talk about crime in the black community. It was a chance for members of the black community in Fort Myers to give the sheriff ideas to combat the violence that has spiked in the city.

"I'm gonna die anyway one day but don't let me be held hostage in my community and die too," said Willie Green."

"Longtime Dunbar resident and community activist Willie Green joined members of the NAACP in a call for action to stop the crime scenes that have roped off Fort Myers city streets.

"I know that I can die like anybody but I rather for it that it be written on my tombstone he stood up as a man, he fought as a man and he died protecting his people," said Green.

On Tuesday, the Lee County NAACP gave its full support to the sheriff's office in helping quell the growing murder rate and generated ideas like bringing back a substation to Dunbar, more black officers, a mentor alliance and businesses adopting schools."

It seems like the NAACP got sucker punched...............

This has really become a circus. The NAACP is freaking out and threatening to get the Injustice Department involved claiming Scott is now a racist. LOL What a bunch of clowns.

Clash continues between NAACP and Sheriff Scott - WFTX-TV Fort Myers/Naples, FL

http://www.news-press.com/article/2...Muwakkil-s-messages-contradict-NAACP-decision

From your link:

The NAACP sent a letter Sunday to Sheriff Scott telling him they are seeking mediation

Wow that is crazy! They want a...a resolution?!!? Those dam bullies WAAAAA

This has really become a circus. The NAACP is freaking out and threatening to get the Injustice Department involved claiming Scott is now a racist. LOL What a bunch of clowns.

http://www.news-press.com/article/2...Muwakkil-s-messages-contradict-NAACP-decision

From your link:

The NAACP sent a letter Sunday to Sheriff Scott telling him they are seeking mediation

Yeah, after they publicly called him a racist (despite praising in the past for his support of the group) and threatening to have him investigated by the federal government, now they want "mediation." What is there to mediate, exactly? He declined their invitation to speak and told them why. That's it.

Why don't you actually read up on everything before you open your mouth? You'll look like less of an asshat which would be a benefit for you given the amount of stupid you spread around the forum. You can shut up now.

From your link:

Yeah, after they publicly called him a racist (despite praising in the past for his support of the group) and threatening to have him investigated by the federal government, now they want "mediation." What is there to mediate, exactly? He declined their invitation to speak and told them why. That's it.

Why don't you actually read up on everything before you open your mouth? You'll look like less of an asshat which would be a benefit for you given the amount of stupid you spread around the forum. You can shut up now.

So you're now changed from being mad at the letter to something new? Concession noted

They want a mediation. Why, when, what, where doesn't matter. They do. You're mad.

You are free to do what I did and QUOTE the article where I was wrong. But you wont because you just SAY I'm wrong...you cant PROVE it.

The Sheriff is an elected official, charged with representing his constituency, in a count-level law enforcement context.

As such, he is obliged to conduct himself in a manner that he perceives best represents the dominant range of perceptions and opinions within his County and in a manner that her perceives as in the best interests of his constituency.

As such, he is entrusted to find a workable balance between personal opinion and beliefs, and those of his constituency, and he is therefore entrusted with some considerable leeway or latitude in such matters.

The Sheriff has made his declaration, which does not flatter the local chapter-office of the NAACP, but which was carried out in a fairly professional and collegial hashion

If the Sheriff has made a mistake which his constituency does not approve of, then that constituency will provide the appropriate feedback at the polls at the time of the next election.

The event is modestly 'remarkable' as a short-term opportunity to comment but it is not exactly a world-shaking or overly-significant event.

This is the full text of a remarkable letter from Sheriff Mike Scott of Lee County, in which he blasts the NAACP for ignoring black violence but making a national commotion over the Zimmerman trial. It is unusually frank and to the point.

Lee County Branch NAACP
3903 Dr. Martin Luther King Boulevard
Fort Myers, FL 33916
Attn: President James Muwakkil

Dear President Muwakkil:

I have been invited to the NAACP Freedom Fund Awards Banquet and have been asked to sponsor the event financially. I will not be doing either but wanted to explain my concerns and the reasons for my decision. Frankly, I believe the NAACP locally and nationally loses credibility when it picks and chooses which issues it rallies around and embraces what often appears to be a double standard relative to race and ethnicity. I am citing two (2) local and recent examples of my concern.

Tragically, record numbers of young, black males have been gunned down in the streets of Fort Myers in an epidemic of alarming proportions over the last few years. In virtually every instance the killer was also black and the majority of those cases remain open. Many more black citizens have been injured and were lucky to survive similar circumstances. To date, I am unaware of any appreciable attention or public outcry the NAACP locally or nationally have afforded these issues in our own, proverbial backyard.

"FORT MYERS, Fla.- The NAACP met with Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott to talk about crime in the black community. It was a chance for members of the black community in Fort Myers to give the sheriff ideas to combat the violence that has spiked in the city.

"I'm gonna die anyway one day but don't let me be held hostage in my community and die too," said Willie Green."

"Longtime Dunbar resident and community activist Willie Green joined members of the NAACP in a call for action to stop the crime scenes that have roped off Fort Myers city streets.

"I know that I can die like anybody but I rather for it that it be written on my tombstone he stood up as a man, he fought as a man and he died protecting his people," said Green.

On Tuesday, the Lee County NAACP gave its full support to the sheriff's office in helping quell the growing murder rate and generated ideas like bringing back a substation to Dunbar, more black officers, a mentor alliance and businesses adopting schools."

See what I mean? The NAACP tried to help but its easier to say they aren't trying to help because telling the truth requires knowledge. Knowledge is hard...making up shit Is easy.

See what I mean? The NAACP tried to help but its easier to say they aren't trying to help because telling the truth requires knowledge. Knowledge is hard...making up shit Is easy.

Yep, what's really funny is when you look at the date when the article was published and then date when the letter was published, I think the sheriff wrote that letter 6 days after that article. It seems pretty contradictory to me.

Forum List

Back