Florida Sheriff Declines Invitation to Attend NAACP Banquet

This is the full text of a remarkable letter from Sheriff Mike Scott of Lee County, in which he blasts the NAACP for ignoring black violence but making a national commotion over the Zimmerman trial. It is unusually frank and to the point.

Lee County Branch NAACP
3903 Dr. Martin Luther King Boulevard
Fort Myers, FL 33916
Attn: President James Muwakkil

Dear President Muwakkil:

I have been invited to the NAACP Freedom Fund Awards Banquet and have been asked to sponsor the event financially. I will not be doing either but wanted to explain my concerns and the reasons for my decision. Frankly, I believe the NAACP locally and nationally loses credibility when it picks and chooses which issues it rallies around and embraces what often appears to be a double standard relative to race and ethnicity. I am citing two (2) local and recent examples of my concern.

Tragically, record numbers of young, black males have been gunned down in the streets of Fort Myers in an epidemic of alarming proportions over the last few years. In virtually every instance the killer was also black and the majority of those cases remain open. Many more black citizens have been injured and were lucky to survive similar circumstances. To date, I am unaware of any appreciable attention or public outcry the NAACP locally or nationally have afforded these issues in our own, proverbial backyard.

Full copy of the letter here in PDF.

One thing never taken into consideration when talking about the right wing's new attack on black culture is the fact that blacks are more liable to be arrested and convicted for crimes which frat boys often get away with.

In the white frats there is a bong in every dorm and they have a propensity to use alcohol in excess, but they are allowed to get away with it because the law is more focused on cacthing niggas.

Hey dumb ass!! Frat boys aren't career criminals. Unlike the forty year pieces of shit you're defending.

i never asked that question? You cited the post in your post wrap above.

try honesty for once.

They do not have a white guy for president. Sheesh. Do you have a single honest bone in your body?

If they don't go to bat for any white person, then the person's opinion can be considered valid. Let me tell you why because you have not the foggiest clue what the naacp stands for. They do not stand for helping only blacks, another lie from you..... From their website:

Founded in 1909, the naacp is the nation's oldest and largest civil rights organization. From the ballot box to the classroom, the thousands of dedicated workers, organizers, leaders and members who make up the naacp continue to fight for social justice for all americans.

naacp | national association for the advancement of colored people

and yet, you can't find a single example where they fight for justice for white americans.

cc?

If you go to the NAACP site and see what their mission is you would know that you're wrong.

b6WuEgE.jpg

Only if you ignore their name, mission statement and what they've done for over 100 years would you think their mission is to help white people...or beached whales...or family farms.

They don't, just like the Jewish Council represents Jews doesn't mean they hate everyone non-Jewish person. So stop pretending. Your "requirements" mean shit. The NAACP doesn't have to do anything just because you just thought it up...Neither does the Jewish Council, The Republican Hispanic Coalition, Womens Rights orgs etc

But lets hear you complain only about blacks and stutter your way to a reason why blacks are different from every other group and they should do MORE than any other group and help EVERYONE to be good negros. Go

you obviously didn't read it....it says the same thing that they quote on their homepage

bullet one: all citizens

why do you call the naacp liars for having this on their homepage:

Founded in 1909, the NAACP is the nation's oldest and largest civil rights organization. From the ballot box to the classroom, the thousands of dedicated workers, organizers, leaders and members who make up the NAACP continue to fight for social justice for all Americans.

i can't believe you actually thought that proved your point

:lol:

Boy, the truth hurts some people. They keep demanding discussion, yet want to keep the sad facts out of that discussion. Race baiting has made things worse and they show no interest in veering from that. I don't blame the sheriff. Until the black leaders are willing to look at the whole picture and address the problem at the root, nothing will change. Blaming others only delays fixing the problem. It gets worse every time they start spouting their rhetoric and gin up more hatred for the whites.

None of the ignorant will see why the sheriff isn't willing to participate in this game and the leaders will use this to fan the flames even further. I suspect they need to keep anger going or they would be unneeded and unwanted.

You left off the growing hatred whites now have for blacks. Brought on by al and the other race pimps.

If you go to the NAACP site and see what their mission is you would know that you're wrong.

b6WuEgE.jpg

Only if you ignore their name, mission statement and what they've done for over 100 years would you think their mission is to help white people...or beached whales...or family farms.

They don't, just like the Jewish Council represents Jews doesn't mean they hate everyone non-Jewish person. So stop pretending. Your "requirements" mean shit. The NAACP doesn't have to do anything just because you just thought it up...Neither does the Jewish Council, The Republican Hispanic Coalition, Womens Rights orgs etc

But lets hear you complain only about blacks and stutter your way to a reason why blacks are different from every other group and they should do MORE than any other group and help EVERYONE to be good negros. Go

you obviously didn't read it....it says the same thing that they quote on their homepage

Founded in 1909, the NAACP is the nation's oldest and largest civil rights organization. From the ballot box to the classroom, the thousands of dedicated workers, organizers, leaders and members who make up the NAACP continue to fight for social justice for all Americans.

They're lying...what about it?

Why are you ignoring violence unless its in your vicinity?

Deflection!

Answer the questions!

Why is the NAACP, the topic of this thread, not highlighting the lack of cooperation of blacks in black neighborhoods to help bring black offenders to justice?

Why is the NAACP ignoring black on black crime while spotlighting perceived injustice in the Zimmerman incident?

Is there an organization supposedly created to advance the welfare of white people that is ignoring an epidemic of white on white crime?

Why is violence ok unless it happens near you?

Dont be a dumb ass. Crime is a local problem. If you dont like it move,or step up and do something to help your community.
And to be blunt. Why the fuck should I care if a bunch of fools kill each other a hundred miles from my community? I dont live there.

Right here is the problem...

In Chicago, Violence Soars And Witnesses Go Silent : NPR

This is a conundrum the NAACP can work towards solving.

They don't.

They ignore the problem.

More money in highlighting blacks as the victims of injustice at the hands of whitey.

Yep....it's that ghetto creed. Leroy gets gunned down in the street at noon during a parade and nobody saw a damn thing.

Because they don't trust the police. if you were a curious person you would ask why?

But you don't care about understanding so you don't why it happens. You just know that it does.

Deflection!

Answer the questions!

Why is the NAACP, the topic of this thread, not highlighting the lack of cooperation of blacks in black neighborhoods to help bring black offenders to justice?

Why is the NAACP ignoring black on black crime while spotlighting perceived injustice in the Zimmerman incident?

Is there an organization supposedly created to advance the welfare of white people that is ignoring an epidemic of white on white crime?

Dont be a dumb ass. Crime is a local problem. If you dont like it move,or step up and do something to help your community.
And to be blunt. Why the fuck should I care if a bunch of fools kill each other a hundred miles from my community? I dont live there.

Really?

Then why were you guys all freaking out about Riots not in your area? Then suddenly don't care when it's white guys rioting? What locality was that?

b6WuEgE.jpg

They're lying...what about it?

quite simply really. you claimed the naacp is only to help blacks. i showed you they are for all americans, you then claimed that the naacp lied and then attempted to show proof that they are only for blacks...however...you screwed up because their first bullet says: ALL AMERICANS

so, either the naacp is lying, twice, or you are lying. which is it?

Nope, but I'm very close to it.

My county borders Greene.

I know exactly where you're located now. I'm not even 2 hours away. If I drove north in a straight line I'd be there neighbor.

My trucks delivery tubing to Play Soft all the time.

We almost moved to Monett.

I got an uncle outside of Excelsior springs. Great little town.
I love going out to visit. All we do is shoot guns,drink expensive whisky and eat.

Not to sound like a bigot,but it's one of the few places I've ever been where you could walk into any business and be waited on by a white guy/chick.

'

I think, if Sheriff Scott had attended the banquet, he would have wound up well roasted or in the soup -- or both !! · · :lol:

They are...Look at their history and you tell me who they help.

Congrats you figured out the mystery. You win. Nothing... they still don't hate whites anymore than they hate endangered species of animals

Why is Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Foxnew, Malkin, and Ann Coulter not addressing white on white? Do they not care about the safety of whites from other criminal whites? What are they doing to prevent the Casey Anthonys and James Holmes' of white America?

Show me whole cities and neighborhoods full of white criminals.

Australia

I would ask for a link,but I really dont give a shit about Australia and their problems.

Right here is the problem...

In Chicago, Violence Soars And Witnesses Go Silent : NPR

This is a conundrum the NAACP can work towards solving.

They don't.

They ignore the problem.

More money in highlighting blacks as the victims of injustice at the hands of whitey.

Yep....it's that ghetto creed. Leroy gets gunned down in the street at noon during a parade and nobody saw a damn thing.

Because they don't trust the police. if you were a curious person you would ask why?

But you don't care about understanding so you don't why it happens. You just know that it does.

No. It's because they dont want to be viewed as a snitch because they might get gunned down in retribution.
And if they dont want to talk to the cops and cooperate? Fuck em. Just stop showing up when they get a 911. Why waste the tax dollars on community that doesnt give a shit?

Really?

Then why were you guys all freaking out about Riots not in your area? Then suddenly don't care when it's white guys rioting? What locality was that?

You missed the point entirely.
If they want to riot,stay in their own neighborhoods. They want to start trashing other peoples shit? Shoot em.
In other words....As long as they shit where they live,I dont give a crap.

No. It's because they dont want to be viewed as a snitch because they might get gunned down in retribution.
And if they dont want to talk to the cops and cooperate? Fuck em. Just stop showing up when they get a 911. Why waste the tax dollars on community that doesnt give a shit?

I just said if you a curious person you would ask why. But you're not you have everyone figured out just like I said.

Really?

You missed the point entirely.
If they want to riot,stay in their own neighborhoods. They want to start trashing other peoples shit? Shoot em.
In other words....As long as they shit where they live,I dont give a crap.

So why were all those white ppl freaking out where they had 2 weeks worth of discussions on threats when a real riot happened with a bunch of surfers and it got 3 min on Fox?

Location?

They are...Look at their history and you tell me who they help.

Congrats you figured out the mystery. You win. Nothing... they still don't hate whites anymore than they hate endangered species of animals

that is exactly the point CC. they "claim" to help all americans, yet, they never do. one can conclude they don't like whites. shouldn't they change their motto and goals? why mislead the american people?

thanks for conceding the point.

There is history with this Lee county NAACP president.
The President of the NAACP in Lee county is formerly known as James W Mathis. His name now is James X Muwakkil.

James X Muwakkil also known as James W Curtis won re-elction to the NAACP post after having threatened to kill his opponent when he announced his candidacy. Was he serious? I doubt it, but do know he served in prison for a murder he did commit under the name James Curtis until 1996.

Lee NAACP official accuses fellow member of threatening his life » Naples Daily News
New Lee County NAACP president named amid controversy » Naples Daily News

The national NAACP got upset that they brought light to the fact Battle was threatened.
Muwakkil also has founded Fort Myers Coalition for Justice
Fort Myers Coalition For Justice Inc, Fort Myers, FL

Lee County NAACP to rally for Trayvon Martin - WFTX-TV Fort Myers/Naples, FL

This NAACP president also put together the rallies for Trayvon after Zimmerman's acquittal there. He has been called out by some leaders within the black community there that his agenda is in the wrong place to help the black community. Muwakkil is known for his efforts to help in criminal rights.

I don't live there and thus cannot state whether the motives of any involved in this are correct. All I can do is research what I can find and the above is what I can find.

i lived there for seven years. They used to use migrant slave labor at the tomato plantations in Immokolie Fla..

It was one of the most racial segregated towns in FL when I was there.

slave labor? :cuckoo:

Yeah. I actually wrote a letter to the editor of the fort meyers news press. which was published. A couple of weeks later national news came there and did a story about it.

I got a lot of hateful phone calls about it.

Forum List

Back