Florida Judge Goes off on prosecutor, dismisses her DUI case for perjury

Yeah, the judge and the report

LOL whats that proof of?

The judge knows a little better than you

How so? And btw I admit I don't know if it was an honest mistake or a lie anyway.
I hate to admit this, but I agree with ClosedCaption on this one.

Consider the situation reversed. If it had been the citizen who had made the "(mistake)", do you think that the prosecution would have said, "Oh, a mistake. Well, okay. You're free to go."

This is part of the problem. Dont hate to agree with the truth....its the truth. Not left or right....Right and Wrong
Its not the truth. Its law and we all know, law isn't about the truth....It about what you can prove.

LOL whats that proof of?

How so? And btw I admit I don't know if it was an honest mistake or a lie anyway.

Consider the situation reversed. If it had been the citizen who had made the "(mistake)", do you think that the prosecution would have said, "Oh, a mistake. Well, okay. You're free to go."

What sort of mistake are we talking about?

And , let's not forget, this woman got off of a DUI because of the LEO's mistake.
The same kind of 'mistake'. Signing a document under false pretense....If is says, "under the penalty of perjury" and you sign I can almost guarantee that a citizen would be charged with perjury.....

Have you ever been to court? People lie all the time and don't get charged with perjury.

And , let's not forget, this woman got off of a DUI because of the LEO's mistake.
The same kind of 'mistake'. Signing a document under false pretense....If is says, "under the penalty of perjury" and you sign I can almost guarantee that a citizen would be charged with perjury.....

Have you ever been to court? People lie all the time and don't get charged with perjury.

you should end that statement with "And thats why its ok" to show how stupid it is

Again, its what you can prove....no one lies all the time if it can be proven a lie....In this case, I'm thinking the judge has a point...now, a plea bargain against the cop would likely reduce the penalty to a fine and time served....but we really need to hold the cops to the same standards as the citizens.

Again, its what you can prove....no one lies all the time if it can be proven a lie....In this case, I'm thinking the judge has a point...now, a plea bargain against the cop would likely reduce the penalty to a fine and time served....but we really need to hold the cops to the same standards as the citizens.

I agree, he should have followed procedure, if he doesn't then he needs to be accountable.

Yer average DUI brings in $10,000 in Legal fees, that's why they don't want them dismissed. Cops earn overtime to do this, they don't care about your "rights".

And it's why YOU should fight every ticket. Every one of them. Make the cost so high for them then they won't f*ck with us anymore, or a LOT less!

And you have evidence that the cop lied rather than made a mistake?

Ignorance of the law is no excuse, remember? The rest of us aren't afforded the same courtesy as this police officer was by the prosecutor when we make a mistake. Our entire legal system has become a racket with the deck stacked against you by the government.

And you have evidence that the cop lied rather than made a mistake?

Ignorance of the law is no excuse, remember? The rest of us aren't afforded the same courtesy as this police officer was by the prosecutor when we make a mistake. Our entire legal system has become a racket with the deck stacked against you by the government.
Just ask the cash for kids judges her in PA...The judicial racket runs deep.

Forum List

Back