Florida Judge Goes off on prosecutor, dismisses her DUI case for perjury

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Uploaded March 28, 2015 A judge had a heated exchange with a prosecutor in a Seminole County courtroom over the dismissal of a guilty verdict in a DUI case. Now the judge is moving off the criminal court division. The incident happened on March 11. The defendant, Licette Gonzalez, was arrested in January for driving on a suspended license, two months after her November DUI arrest Seminole County Judge Fred Schott became angry when said he realized the license should have never been suspended in the first place. The Sanford police officer that arrested Gonzales never administered a breath or blood alcohol test on her, but the officer had checked marked that she was over the legal limit of point zero eight on her DUI citation. Officer Michael Wagner testified at Gonzalez’s trial that he made a mistake. But the judge didn’t see it that way. In the heated exchange between Judge Schott and Assistant State Attorney Diana Miers, Judge Schott at one point asked Miers to charge Officer Wagner with perjury. “He admitted it was a mistake your honor,” said Miers. “But he lied, he lied on a sworn citation,” said Schott. “Absolutely not your honor, and that is, that is not true,” said Miers. “I am dismissing -- I am dismissing this charge!” said Schott.

Cops dont lie or perjure themselves you see, they make mistakes...Did you see how the prosecutor was vouching for him despite the fact that they said she was over the limit when he never did a breathalyzer?

But of course instead of the story being about the cop who lied and caused this person to lose their license for a few months BEFORE a conviction...They want you to see *sticks lip out* the judge disagreed with someone for lying. Awww...what a sad story...

for the poor prosecutor

Video shows judge s outburst in Seminole County courtroom www.wftv.com

The judge and Miers got into a heated argument because he wanted the police officer to be charged with lying.
"I want you taking him up on perjury," Schott said.

"He admitted it was a mistake, your honor," Miers said.

After the exchange, Schott decided to reverse the jury's verdict to not guilty.

"This whole case was fishy," Schott said.

Miers tried to argue against Schott's dismissal of the case but he didn't agree.

"This is again evidence, direct evidence, and not circumstantial evidence," Miers said.

WFTV legal analyst Belvin Perry, former chief judge for Orange and Osceola counties, was surprised to see Schott's behavior in court.

"That is a very poor example of judicial temperament that judges are supposed to display," Perry said. "He should've counted to 10 and kept quiet."

Officials told Eyewitness News that as a result of the incident, Schott will soon only be presiding over civil cases.

Oh....hes disturbed by the judicial temperament...not about the false police reports or the perjury. Just the temperament.

GTFOH

Now there are reports that the Judge is being punished. Not the cop who committed perjury, just the judge who caught him

All you have to do is watch the video bro...Instead of questioning me why arent you seeing for yourself?

All you have to do is watch the video bro...Instead of questioning me why arent you seeing for yourself?

I watched the video, it certainly doesn't prove that the cop lied when he made his report, rather than it being an honest mistake.

You dont write down that someone was unlawfully over the limit and that no one was available to conduct the breatalyzer by accident. Both cant be true at the same time.

He lied and should be charged with perjury but who cares...he just ruined someones life for a couple months - no biggie.

I watched the video, it certainly doesn't prove that the cop lied when he made his report, rather than it being an honest mistake.

You dont write down that someone was unlawfully over the limit and that no one was available to conduct the breatalyzer by accident. Both cant be true at the same time.

He lied and should be charged with perjury but who cares...he just ruined someones life for a couple months - no biggie.

no one's life was ruined for a couple of month's. Over react much?

no one's life was ruined for a couple of month's. Over react much?

So far the cop didnt lie he made a mistake and suspending someones license doesnt have any effect on them either.

Anymore excuses?

And you have evidence that the cop lied rather than made a mistake?

Yeah, the judge and the report

LOL whats that proof of?

The judge knows a little better than you

How so? And btw I admit I don't know if it was an honest mistake or a lie anyway.
I hate to admit this, but I agree with ClosedCaption on this one.

Consider the situation reversed. If it had been the citizen who had made the "(mistake)", do you think that the prosecution would have said, "Oh, a mistake. Well, okay. You're free to go."

LOL whats that proof of?

How so? And btw I admit I don't know if it was an honest mistake or a lie anyway.

Consider the situation reversed. If it had been the citizen who had made the "(mistake)", do you think that the prosecution would have said, "Oh, a mistake. Well, okay. You're free to go."

What sort of mistake are we talking about?

And , let's not forget, this woman got off of a DUI because of the LEO's mistake.

Sanford police going after a Hispanic? WTF? I thought they considered Hispanics as whites. At least Zimmerman was, according to the leftist trolls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL whats that proof of?

This is part of the problem. Dont hate to agree with the truth....its the truth. Not left or right....Right and Wrong

LOL whats that proof of?

What sort of mistake are we talking about?

And , let's not forget, this woman got off of a DUI because of the LEO's mistake.
The same kind of 'mistake'. Signing a document under false pretense....If is says, "under the penalty of perjury" and you sign I can almost guarantee that a citizen would be charged with perjury.....

Sanford police going after a Hispanic? WTF? I thought they considered Hispanics as whites. At least Zimmerman was, according to the leftist trolls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The police listed GZ as a white hispanic in their report. Please stop blaming it on "liberals" or at least start up a "Police a racist liberals" campaign. That should be a laugh riot

Forum List

Back