US district Judge rules ban on guns for felon is unconstitutional

As far as I'm concerned, if there is someone free amidst the public who can not be trusted with weapons, they should not be in public.

So you are telling me that when you are convicted of a felony they can't do anything to you because it is not in the Constitution?
:itsok:

Twelve gullies eating litmus wafers.

Sorry, man, I don't speak your native language of gibberish

So you support releasing these people, then complain that they are out there? Wow.
Please feel obligated to show where I said that. Otherwise, maybe it’s time to think before you post.
Not all of these sickos are on life time parole, any further action beyond there sentence is punitive. At least it would be if it was anybody else. Which is precisely why it isn't. Don't fool yourself, the recidivism rates most certainly do not support the notion that convicted violent felons are less dangerous.
We all know that not all felons get lifetime parole. I noted that some do because it is a tidbit of evidence for your error.

Recidivism has a long history. It is a serious and legit issue. The cure for recidivism is not lifetime incarceration. It couldn’t possibly be. Per capita, the US rate of people behind bars is one of the highest in the world even without lifetime incarceration.

We refer to prisons as “correctional” facilities. Sadly, they largely fail in that regard. But an appropriate sentence is still required.

I would have no issue with life sentences for child sexual abusers. One strike rule.

But your post conflates and confuses a variety of different concerns. Simplistic “one size fits all” sentencing isn’t an intelligent way to address most of those concerns.

Does it? Should he be punished? If so, how and what should the penalty be for those who chronically commit violent acts?
What should the penalty be for shooting a woman who merely was there and killing her?

What should the penalty be for trolls who attempt to hijack a thread? As a newbie, I won’t report you this time. :cool-45:
I won't report you. I was discussing guns and crimes. and you are trying to make this about me.

Per usual, MAGA prefers vengeance over principle! :cool-45:

Everyone who disagrees with you is a Trump supporter. The waters do not run deep in this moron. The moron I'm referring to is you, konradv, you're obviously not smart enough to figure that out yourself.

Seriously, only a Trump supporter would disagree with you. What a stupid twat

I won't prejudge but all you anti-gun nuts and liberal sub-humans should note: this only shifts the argument to what will be considered a felony ,and the difference between state felony and federal felony, etc. I would be glad to keep felons from guns but that won't happen will it. Biden's Brady Bill was a bullshit crowing contest.

I mean, in the past 2 years did he lift a finger to correct what everybody knew

The FBI didn’t finish over 1 million gun background checks in time to stop a sale in 2020 and 2021​

As gun sales soared over the past two years, more background checks slipped through holes in the system.
Simple solution. Back ground check not complete? No sale.

That’ll get some funding allocated

Forum List

Back