First Lady Michelle....How many vacations so far?

Mrs. Obama does not work for an income, she may take all the vacations she wants.

True, and the President is never on vacation. That goes for Obama and Bush and every President before them.

I get so tired of this discussion. The President can't even take a crap without being on the job. Where he is at any given time whether it be in the Oval Office or on a golf course, he is on the job.

Immie

Yes, and when Clinton was in the Oval Office with Monica, he was "on the job" all right.

Well, he WAS. Don't you remember that he was getting his blow jobs while on the phone with foreign dignitaries? I'm sure that level of multitasking was ONLY because of his concern for making the best use of the taxpayers' time and money. :eusa_whistle:

I hate to break this to you asshat contards who said this was about Michelle.

Kinda hard to bitch about Michelle's 16 "vacations" in three years when your guy took 225 days off (presumably with Laura).

See, before you righties get all righteous and huffy, perhaps you should make sure you're not guilty of the same transgression BY A FACTOR OF 4, huh????

How much did it cost the taxpayers for the Bushes to haul ass back to their ranch in Texas, versus paying for five-star hotels and top-shelf martinis and scads of goodies for Michelle and her entourage?

You wanna talk about a factor of four, let's talk about THAT factor.

Who cares how much moochelle goes on vacation. It's none of our business, except we pay for them. That's what makes it our business. True she has no income for being the first excellency, but she has a working staff and we pay them. Another wasted expense.

well so is 4 billion a year in oil tax breaks.

Way to stay on-topic. No wonder your avatar is an anus.

Who cares how much moochelle goes on vacation. It's none of our business, except we pay for them. That's what makes it our business. True she has no income for being the first excellency, but she has a working staff and we pay them. Another wasted expense.

Actually the only part of her vactaions that tax payers pay is for security. The first family is responsible for the rest.

Bullshit, Sparkles. If you believe that, I've got some bottom land I'd like to sell you. Just don't ask what it's on the bottom OF.

We pay, at the very least, for the travel costs (and Air Force One, Air Force Two, Marine One, etc. do not operate cheaply), and we all know how the Obama family prefers to travel separately, rather than be inconvenienced by Michelle and the girls having to wait a few hours for Barack to join them; the rental of the hotel rooms, beach houses, private estates, etc. where they stay; the rental of hotels, houses, etc. for their staff and security to stay in; and, of course, the salaries and per diems for their staff and security.

Furthermore, Secret Service documents (which required a lawsuit to get the Obama Administration to release in response to a FOIA request) show that when Michelle went to Spain, we paid for her and the girls to take a chauffeured tour and for a travel planning company (although I believe the White House already employs people for that purpose).

Also, in addition to their staff, their Secret Service people, the Navy SEALS who were part of their security for their Hawai'i trip, the Coast Guard sitting off the coast of Martha's Vineyard, etc., we also have to pay for lodging and food for the flight crews of whatever planes the family took to wherever they went.

No one objects to paying for security for the President and his family. We don't object to paying reasonable travel costs, particularly when their vacation time is scheduled around trips for official purposes. But it is not reasonable to expect the American taxpayers, particularly in such a lousy economy, to foot the bill for Her Majesty to flit around the world on expensive pleasure trips. Not to mention the fact that it's just freaking tone deaf for these people to party like rock stars at our expense.

Mrs. Obama does not work for an income, she may take all the vacations she wants.

She doesn't work.
You're OK someone who doesn't work takes a lot of vacations.
I'm with ya.

But, just who's paying for all this, assbrain?

The same people that have always paid through the decades of White House occupiers.
If you bytch about Mrs. obama, then you are bytching about them all that have been president, and their families.

Only the ones who were living the high life on our dime. The ones who were reasonable in their expectations (traveling in one group, for example, or vacationing at their own home) are just fine.

The same people that have always paid through the decades of White House occupiers.
If you bytch about Mrs. obama, then you are bytching about them all that have been president, and their families.

I am not "bitching" about Mrs. Obama, assbrain.

I am bitching about the fact that taxpayers are footing the expenses for all of these lavish vacations she seems to enjoy, at our expense.

tough shit, then you hate every first lady to ever to inhabit the White House.

When Laura Bush took vacations without her husband, she went camping and hiking with friends in US national parks and forests. Not exactly "lavish". And as has been pointed out, when the family vacationed together, they usually did it at their own ranch. A far cry from five-star hotels and pricey beach rentals.

I am not "bitching" about Mrs. Obama, assbrain.

I am bitching about the fact that taxpayers are footing the expenses for all of these lavish vacations she seems to enjoy, at our expense.

When Laura Bush took vacations without her husband, she went camping and hiking with friends in US national parks and forests. Not exactly "lavish". And as has been pointed out, when the family vacationed together, they usually did it at their own ranch. A far cry from five-star hotels and pricey beach rentals.

No shit. She was afraid to travel outside the U.S., and she and Boy George still don't travel outside the U.S.

First lady Michelle Obama’s weekend jaunt to Aspen, Colorado for a President’s Day ski holiday with her daughters Sasha and Malia makes the 16th time members of the first family have gone on extended vacations during their three years in office.

Michelle Obama's 16th vacation as 1st lady. How many vacations have you taken lately?

Weak.

Really. Fucking. Weak.

Also, I did not know that Sasha and Malia have been "three years in office".

Not that I think her "vacations" matter at all or are worth a single post let alone dozens of threads, but I would ask you to consider this based upon your posts. Just because the webpage mentions it was over the President's day weekend doesn't mean it only lasted Saturday-Monday. It could actually have been a week long or a couple of weeks or even a month long trip.

I didn't see how long this trip lasted, nor do I really care. I don't like the fact that the American Taxpayers are paying for it, and I am only guessing that we are, I may be wrong on that, but besides that... so what? She is not employed by the American people. What she does with her own time is none of our doggone business.

Immie

Are you really naive enough to think that the reason people are bitching is because they care what she does with her time?

how many trips have you made to Villa Padierna in Marbella, Spain.....the best hotel in Spain.....where the Obamas booked 60 rooms....?

article-1299625-0A968B5F000005DC-670_468x286.jpg

What does a President make? What does a Fortune 500 CEO make? Consider the Obama's our King and Queen for 8 years. Enjoy it. First black family, didn't come from a silver spoon in their mouths, a target for all the haters. Its going to cost to protect them. And they throw the best white house parties. Stevey Wonder performs. OMG. I'm so jealous. I love the Obamas. My fantasy is one day she walks up to me at a strip club and offers me a private dance in the champaign room. :eusa_shhh: Don't tell Barrack.

King and Queen.....? forget it...:eusa_hand: ...but they sure seem to think they are....they seem to have a let-them-eat-cake attitude....

Barry had some kind of spoon in his mouth....if not silver was it gold....? Obama's white grandmother was one of those rich bankers....the same granny that Barry threw under the bus is the same one who paid for his hoity toity private prep school education that got him into Harvard....his Kenyan daddy was a Harvard grad......Barry hasn't worked a day in his life at a non-govt. real job....

so your fantasy that he is some "poh black man" that is self-made is just that.....fantasy....

If I wanted to consider ANYONE my "king and queen", entitled to live a fancy, lavish life at my expense, I wouldn't live in a fucking REPUBLIC, where our political leader is an ELECTED CIVIL SERVANT.

No shit. She was afraid to travel outside the U.S., and she and Boy George still don't travel outside the U.S.

Yeah, she and her husband should have bent their country over for its enemies, like the Obamas try so hard to do, so that she could take lavish trips around the world. I'm sure THAT was the difference, and not just that Laura Bush isn't a bloodsucking golddigger who sees the American taxpayer as her own personal piggy bank.

Whenever you strap on a pair and want to address the issue instead of Bush-bashing, you chickenshit little eunuch, you just come right on ahead.

How much was that GSA spent? Isn't that the Republicans favorite spending hole. You turn blind eye when a Republican takes office to your own spending and then sit and gripe about the current President of the United States. You want to be treated with respect and dignity but you cannot treat anyone under $150,000 paycheck with some.
fu.gif

Eminent jurists, professional legal organizations, and human rights monitors in this country and around the world have declared that President George W. Bush may be prosecuted as a war criminal when he leaves office for his overt and systematic violations of such international law as the Geneva and Hague Conventions and such US law as the War Crimes Act, the Anti-Torture Act, and federal assault laws. George W. Bush, War Criminal? identifies and documents 269 specific war crimes under US and international law for which President Bush, senior officials and staff in his administration, and military officers under his command are liable to be prosecuted. Haas divides the 269 war crimes of the Bush administration into four classes: 6 war crimes committed in launching a war of aggression; 36 war crimes committed in the conduct of war; 175 war crimes committed in the treatment of prisoners; and 52 war crimes committed in postwar occupations.

For each of the 269 war crimes of the Bush administration, Professor Haas gives chapter and verse in precise but non-technical language, including the specific acts deemed to be war crimes, the names of the officials deemed to be war criminals, and the exact language of the international or domestic laws violated by those officials. The author proceeds to consider the various US, international, and foreign tribunals in which the war crimes of Bush administration defendants may be tried under applicable bodies of law. He evaluates the real-world practicability of bringing cases against Bush and Bush officials in each of the possible venues. Finally, he weighs the legal, political, and humanitarian pros and cons of actually bringing Bush and Bush officials to trial for war crimes.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0313364990/crooksandliar-20/ref=nosim/]Amazon.com: George W. Bush, War Criminal?: The Bush Administration's Liability for 269 War Crimes (9780313364990): Michael Haas: Books[/ame]

True, and the President is never on vacation. That goes for Obama and Bush and every President before them.

I get so tired of this discussion. The President can't even take a crap without being on the job. Where he is at any given time whether it be in the Oval Office or on a golf course, he is on the job.

Immie

Being president isn't a job that "doesn't follow you home", for lack of a better term. You're on the clock 24/7/365.

According to the left, if she's just raising the kids, she's not working at all.

You make a great point. Michelle is raising two young girls. Ann Romney had butlers and maids and surrogate nannys and wet nurses help raise her kids. Can you imagine how high maintenance Zsa Zsa Romney will be if she is the first lady? OMG:eek:

So you think Michelle doesn't ALSO have nanny's to help her raise her girls??? Lol!

Michelle Obama's 16th vacation as 1st lady. How many vacations have you taken lately?

Weak.

Really. Fucking. Weak.

Also, I did not know that Sasha and Malia have been "three years in office".

Not that I think her "vacations" matter at all or are worth a single post let alone dozens of threads, but I would ask you to consider this based upon your posts. Just because the webpage mentions it was over the President's day weekend doesn't mean it only lasted Saturday-Monday. It could actually have been a week long or a couple of weeks or even a month long trip.

I didn't see how long this trip lasted, nor do I really care. I don't like the fact that the American Taxpayers are paying for it, and I am only guessing that we are, I may be wrong on that, but besides that... so what? She is not employed by the American people. What she does with her own time is none of our doggone business.

Immie

Are you really naive enough to think that the reason people are bitching is because they care what she does with her time?

No.

Nor am I naive enough to believe that anyone who opposes Obama would concentrate their attention on the relatively miniscule spending patterns of the First Lady rather than the ridiculous federal budget that has exploded during administrations of BOTH PARTIES over the past 80 years (arguably, since WWII).

According to the left, if she's just raising the kids, she's not working at all.

You make a great point. Michelle is raising two young girls. Ann Romney had butlers and maids and surrogate nannys and wet nurses help raise her kids. Can you imagine how high maintenance Zsa Zsa Romney will be if she is the first lady? OMG:eek:

So you think Michelle doesn't ALSO have nanny's to help her raise her girls??? Lol!

She has better than a nanny.......she has a grandma

moochelle wants to walk out the door and keep on going. What say we make her dreams come true?

The President has the most dangerous job in America. Let his family, at least, enjoy themselves occasionally.

I just love how conservatives whine because they have to pay for security for the President and his family. They whimper because the first family does not stay locked up in a bunker to save money

Forum List

Back