Female Journalism: When women teachers abuse boys, it's women who are the victims.

Rikurzhen

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2014
No wonder female journalists have so much trouble earning respect, they constantly write about female perspectives rather than about the news or codes of behavior.

What's the issue of her op-ed? The never-ending stories about female teachers having sex with male students. Note her conclusion:

Think alleged sexual predator, and 22-year-old substitute teacher Symone Greene is not who comes to mind.

Take a look at her résumé. She’s a college graduate who has worked as a summer intern in the Prince George’s County Police Department, a camp counselor, an intern at a Baltimore school for children with disabilities and a leader of campus volunteer program at Coppin State University. She knows sign language, plays the piano, does ballet and jazz dancing. She wants to go to graduate school, she writes, “so that I can continue my studies and pursue a career in Special Education.”

But on a different piece of paper — a D.C. police arrest warrant — Greene is accused of having oral sex with a 17-year-old student at Options Public Charter School and then allegedly urging him to lie about it. . .

This kind of crime creates unseen victims, too. The victims are countless other teachers whose students will read about this and be affected by it.

The victims are other boys who have had unrealistic expectations fueled and respect for women and teachers diminished.

The victims are women who are constantly fighting for the right to be respected, treated as authority figures and not perpetually sexualized, stereotyped and judged.

The cluelessness and parody inherent in this op-ed is quite thick

Just like my wife think it's abuse if she can't buy something she wants cause I say no...

The females having sex with their students won't get much sympathy from the judicial system...

It may be time to destroy the law that says teachers can't fuck their students when it is consensual and they are of age.

It may also be time to lower the age of consent by a few years.

Muahahahaha

And the teacher in the OP didn't get through the very first day of school without having sex with a student.
Her entire teaching career thrown down the drain on the fucking first day !

I don't like this kind of generalization.
I don't really think that all female journalists are that bad.
It's more about not very smart or dignified people using all means available to earn certain points. If it's the fact they are women - they use their sex. That's it. Bad people and terrible professionals.

i'm not seeing what the problem is with the statement in the op. the opinion piece is saying that in addition to the student, others are damaged by the action of the substitute teacher, and that among those others are good teachers that are not wanting to be seen as sexual objects by their students but instead want to be seen as the authority figure they should be.

what's the issue with that?

and....., on the other hand if the student is female and the teacher a male, the teacher would likely get life in prison !! :up:
please. we all know that isn't true. women make the headlines, but how many high school girls out there do you think have or are sleeping with a teacher?

and....., on the other hand if the student is female and the teacher a male, the teacher would likely get life in prison !! :up:
please. we all know that isn't true. women make the headlines, but how many high school girls out there do you think have or are sleeping with a teacher?

Probably lots of them, but if the female students out a male teacher for having sex, his ass is grassed.

Probably lots of them, but if the female students out a male teacher for having sex, his ass is grassed.
definitely, but i then so is the female teacher.

Yes, however while you'll see response after response on these boards and all over the internet, like "wish teachers looked like that when I was in school" or like, "I'd hit that", when it's a female teacher, but you'll never hear anyone giving approving remarks when it's a male teacher screwing a female student.

The point is, a good deal of the population really has no problem when a male underage student is having sex with his teacher, but let it be the other way around and all hell breaks loose.

It should be simple. A teacher whether male or female holds a place of power over their students, add to that the fact that the students are underage, and you get an intloerable situation that should be prosecuted equally.

Yes, however while you'll see response after response on these boards and all over the internet, like "wish teachers looked like that when I was in school" or like, "I'd hit that", when it's a female teacher, but you'll never hear anyone giving approving remarks when it's a male teacher screwing a female student.

The point is, a good deal of the population really has no problem when a male underage student is having sex with his teacher, but let it be the other way around and all hell breaks loose.

It should be simple. A teacher whether male or female holds a place of power over their students, add to that the fact that the students are underage, and you get an intloerable situation that should be prosecuted equally.
i would definitely be interested in seeing what the difference in punishments is - i know the perception is that women get off easier but i'm not sure that would be backed up by the reality.

either way, i still want to know Rikurzhen, what exactly you think is wrong with the thesis that the actions of some in a group can and do negatively effect others in that same group?

I don't like this kind of generalization.
I don't really think that all female journalists are that bad.
It's more about not very smart or dignified people using all means available to earn certain points. If it's the fact they are women - they use their sex. That's it. Bad people and terrible professionals.

Of course it's not every female journalist, it's just most of them. They complain about being tagged as "female journalists" rather than as "a journalist who, by the way, just happens to be a woman" but most journalist who are women don't actually act like journalists they act like "female journalists."

I first clued into this when I was about 16 and started noticing a pattern emerging. Women wrote about women a lot. Once I noticed that I also noted the absence of men writing about men. I've not yet seen a male journalist write about handsomeness standards in men and what it means to him or to men who are not handsome. I've never seen an article from a male journalist about how he fears male violence, or female violence or bitchiness, and how women should change who they are so that he can feel better about himself. What I do see all the time is women writing news articles and focusing the article on women, or how they are affected by the news, of how something needs to be done to fix the issue so that women will be happier, safer, treated better, feel better, feel more valued, feel less denigrated, feel less judged, feel more free to express their emotions, etc.

A male reporter goes to Syria and writes about the fighting and brutality taking place. A female reporter writes stories about how Syrian women are affected with so much violence taking place in their country. Do you see any stories coming from Syria written by male reporters focusing on how men, and men alone, are feeling about the hardships that are inflicted upon THEM? I've yet to see such a male-focused story.

Look at this story. Can you imagine if a male reporter covered it and the conclusion of the story was that the real harm of the sex abuse of minors was that adult men are victims. I can't imagine that ever passing muster with an editor, but a story about how women are the victims when a female teacher has sex with a male student, sure that falls within what is permissible for female journalists to write.

If these women teachers want respect bad enough, they will have a much better chance at getting some if they showed some first.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

^^^ Those who have inappropriate relationships with the kids in my opinion do not deserve any.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
oh i see. so you believe that a female teacher that has sex with an underage boy is indicative of all female teachers, and thus find them unworthy of respect.

sort of proves the point of the author the op wanted to make fun of.

Forum List

Back