Federal jobs pay more than private sector

You have complained many times about corporate Amserica and what they make compared to you and how hard you work.

They found the winning formula, you did not.

What? I do work hard and no, I don't think the American worker justly compensated, nor are they able to prosper and "work their way up", and this entirely because of the disconnect with corporate culture. We're sick to death of taking hits when the economy tanks, but mysteriously, the already uber wealthy get even richer, still get their bonuses, keep their jobs though they tank the company. Who is the first to be let go in these times? The front line wage slave, that's who. The inequality in pay structure and income will sink this economy if it is not dealt with. That, my friend is not envy. It is pure fact. What are the rich going to do when they have no one left to shoulder the tax burden, hmm? They don't pay the same percentage in taxes that I pay... and corporations don't pay anything at all if they can. We're running out of money to keep the rich, well... rich. See where this is going?

If the winning formula is greed and the destruction of the middle class and opportunity, then I am glad I did not find it. I'd rather have a soul.

I posted my story here before.

I live in Michigan and was struggeling for some time. Michigan has had a terrible economy. I was a real estate agent, and when that didn't work I got a job in a department store selling ties and shirts.

I took a job doing door to door sales on commission only. Two years ago, I got very nervous buying lettuce at the grocery store, and my wife and I were broke.

I started my own business doing door to door sales. I employ a number of people, and my income for 2009, was about 12 times, that of 2007.

Also, for 2009, my taxes are more than double my entire income in 2007.

So no it's not impossible.

You shouldn't envy people who are doing better than you, they should be an inspiration that you can do it too, unless YOU decide you can't.

Actually, the very best friend that free enterprise can have is one who advocates regulation of free enterprise. For w/o regulation, you end up with one or two guys owning damn near everything.

Or, regulating can stifle the free market, agreed?

Bad regulation, yes. But no regulation has but a single outcome.....monopolies and then economic collapse.

The government can regulate to stifle a sector of the free market to the point where there is no free market. (healthcare) Who regulates the government, politicians?

Or, regulating can stifle the free market, agreed?

Bad regulation, yes. But no regulation has but a single outcome.....monopolies and then economic collapse.

The government can regulate to stifle a sector of the free market to the point where there is no free market. (healthcare) Who regulates the government, politicians?

Yep. But then whom regulates the politicians? The people. What we see here are people so intellectually/physically fuckin' lazy that they've figured out that they can legislate treasure of others to themselves by writ of Government.

Well, rubes like Right Wanger are basically just waiting to feed at the public trough with all the other pigs....

You have complained many times about corporate Amserica and what they make compared to you and how hard you work.

They found the winning formula, you did not.

What? I do work hard and no, I don't think the American worker justly compensated, nor are they able to prosper and "work their way up", and this entirely because of the disconnect with corporate culture. We're sick to death of taking hits when the economy tanks, but mysteriously, the already uber wealthy get even richer, still get their bonuses, keep their jobs though they tank the company. Who is the first to be let go in these times? The front line wage slave, that's who. The inequality in pay structure and income will sink this economy if it is not dealt with. That, my friend is not envy. It is pure fact. What are the rich going to do when they have no one left to shoulder the tax burden, hmm? They don't pay the same percentage in taxes that I pay... and corporations don't pay anything at all if they can. We're running out of money to keep the rich, well... rich. See where this is going?

If the winning formula is greed and the destruction of the middle class and opportunity, then I am glad I did not find it. I'd rather have a soul.

I posted my story here before.

I live in Michigan and was struggeling for some time. Michigan has had a terrible economy. I was a real estate agent, and when that didn't work I got a job in a department store selling ties and shirts.

I took a job doing door to door sales on commission only. Two years ago, I got very nervous buying lettuce at the grocery store, and my wife and I were broke.

I started my own business doing door to door sales. I employ a number of people, and my income for 2009, was about 12 times, that of 2007.

Also, for 2009, my taxes are more than double my entire income in 2007.

So no it's not impossible.

You shouldn't envy people who are doing better than you, they should be an inspiration that you can do it too, unless YOU decide you can't.

In the big picture CMike you are not a big money person. You are a big money perswon only relative to what you used to make.

How too much money corrupts a free market is if it provides too much power to an entity in the market.
One government intrusion into the free market that very few free marketers will argue with is anti-trust law. They help keep a free market free.
Money can provide a player undo power so others cannot compete.

The other thing that can corrupt a free market is unethical business practices, cheat, lie, steal, etc.

One segment of our economy that has a reputation for unethical business practices is door to door salesman.
Right or wrong the government has passed laws in many municipalities banning door to door sales.

The point is..

When the choice needed to be made to lay off workers or cut executive bonuses, we all know what that decision was.

Will firing Government workers help get your job back?

Nope.

But that will be one less person payed with tax dollars. Money that could be spent elsewhere. LIke job creation ya think??

I have a friend who worked for the Feds for 17 years. She had to leave the job and come here to Florida to take care of her ailing mother.

This friend goes back to DC to visit friends. She is flabbergasted. The Govt workers, her old buds, have absolutely no idea what its like outside the bubble of DC. No job loss. No tightening of belts. They haven't got a clue about what the rest of the country is enduring.

Somehow that doesn't sit well with me especially since my tax dollars supports them and their benefits. They should face the same risks as we face.

After all. Barry boy wants that playing field leveled and fair is fair doncha know. LOL

All you're expressing here is a 'misery loves company' attitude.

You betcha.

Let the Govt worker feel what we the feel. Let them lose jobs. Let them have to scramble to put food on the table, pay the mortgage and bills.

Misery does love company. You bet.

You betcha.

Let the Govt worker feel what we the feel. Let them lose jobs. Let them have to scramble to put food on the table, pay the mortgage and bills.

maybe you should have learned some skills that would have been useful to government.

you know, instead of living off of the tax money that government workers pay.

nutbar :cuckoo:

You betcha.

maybe you should have learned some skills that would have been useful to government.

you know, instead of living off of the tax money that government workers pay.

nutbar :cuckoo:

Not very nice.

Nope.

But that will be one less person payed with tax dollars. Money that could be spent elsewhere. LIke job creation ya think??

I have a friend who worked for the Feds for 17 years. She had to leave the job and come here to Florida to take care of her ailing mother.

This friend goes back to DC to visit friends. She is flabbergasted. The Govt workers, her old buds, have absolutely no idea what its like outside the bubble of DC. No job loss. No tightening of belts. They haven't got a clue about what the rest of the country is enduring.

Somehow that doesn't sit well with me especially since my tax dollars supports them and their benefits. They should face the same risks as we face.

After all. Barry boy wants that playing field leveled and fair is fair doncha know. LOL

All you're expressing here is a 'misery loves company' attitude.

You betcha.

Yeah, let's outsource all those high paying government jobs to India and China so none of us have to work anywhere.

CMike is a conservative who does not like the intrusion of government into our lives.

Yet he is a door to door salesman. Talk about someone who makes a living on intruding into people's lives. A little hypocritical I would say.

Who likes door to door salesman?

CMike is a conservative who does not like the intrusion of government into our lives.

Yet he is a door to door salesman. Talk about someone who makes a living on intruding into people's lives. A little hypocritical I would say.

How much does it cost those people to answer, or not answer the door? See the difference?

How much does it cost those people to answer, or not answer the door? See the difference?

Also our prospects have a choice whether to use us or not. The government gives no such choice.

The customers are also getting a discount on stuff they are already buying, so the bad economy is great for us.

It costs them their time and aggravation.

Money's not the only thing that has value, you know.

Since as I mentioned before my income increased by 12 times, from two years ago, and I am now in the top 3% in national income, it appears that some people are happy with spending that time.

Also our prospects have a choice whether to use us or not. The government gives no such choice.

The customers are also getting a discount on stuff they are already buying, so the bad economy is great for us.

Let me guess.............Amway???

If that really upsets you, no wonder these left wing kooks go off like a band of screaming Banshees

Let me guess.............Amway???

CMike.- Beep. Wrong answer

Bet I am close

Forum List

Back