Federal jobs pay more than private sector

Really? How much did the Obamas date to NYC cost the taxpayers. They won't say. It's estimated over $1 million?

At least they spent it here in the US. That money was spent here in the city, and that means it helped pay the salaries of a lot of people in the private sector. It all comes full circle anyway unless you have 1% of the population holding 2/3 of the total wealth hostage...

Last edited:
No, Dude, it's true. Government wages have now outpaced private wages due to the suppression of wages & benefits being offered due to the glut in the labor pool. Private industry has wholly frozen raises, bonuses and cost of living increases due to the economy ... well, except for the executives - they still get their six and seven figure salaries & bonuses. They simply froze out the front-line peons who make next to nothing anyway. Makes so much sense, doesn't it... THIS is exactly why people hate on corporate culture.

In tough economic times, private companies made their workers bear the brunt of the recession by freezing wages, cutting benefits, demanding increased hours....all while maintaining lucrative executive bonuses

Yes...the Government is the bad guy here for looking after their employees

Federal jobs don't have CEO's to pay millions of dollars to. There's low overhead so the actually working people can make a living wage.

But this isn't something Republicans like to see. They prefer the working people to make shit while the CEOs take home the big bucks.

Isn't that right?

Really? How much did the Obamas date to NYC cost the taxpayers. They won't say. It's estimated over $1 million?

LOL!

False.

I love how you guys just make shit up and expect people to take you seriously.

The highest estimate even from right wing blogs was $250,000 and that's even ridiculous.

At least they spent it here in the US. That money was spent here in the city, that means it helped pay the salaries of a lot of people in the private sector. It all comes full circle anyway unless you have 1% of the population holding 2/3 of the total wealth hostage...

Apparently they prefer spending 250 billion a year in Iraq.

No, Dude, it's true. Government wages have now outpaced private wages due to the suppression of wages & benefits being offered due to the glut in the labor pool. Private industry has wholly frozen raises, bonuses and cost of living increases due to the economy ... well, except for the executives - they still get their six and seven figure salaries & bonuses. They simply froze out the front-line peons who make next to nothing anyway. Makes so much sense, doesn't it... THIS is exactly why people hate on corporate culture.

In tough economic times, private companies made their workers bear the brunt of the recession by freezing wages, cutting benefits, demanding increased hours....all while maintaining lucrative executive bonuses

Well your premise doesn't make much sense to me because Govt workers are payed with tax dollars.

Those tax dollars are earned by we the taxpayer and if we the earner get layed off or lose our job because of a tough economy it seems to me the Govt workers should start taking the hits also. Why should their jobs be secure when ours are not?? We are paying the freight for them.

Don't hear about any Govt worker getting laid off or losing jobs. YOu??

Last edited:
Government: America's growth Industry

Well, apparently the private sector can't cut it. Theyr'e sending all the jobs overseas. Listen... What, exactly, do you Cons expect the unemployed American worker to do??? There aren't enough jobs for the people seeking work PLUS there aren't enough living wage jobs comprising those jobs available. THEN you don't want to give them unemployment? Seriously... WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO DO????? Are you guys going to set up debtors colonies like England did here? Seriously, are you really going to eschew government positions for your fellow citizens just because there's no millionaire CEO at the helm?

Last edited:

Well your premise doesn't make much sense to me because Govt workers are payed with tax dollars.

Those tax dollars are earned by we the taxpayer and if we the earner get layed off or lose our job because of a tough economy it seems to me the Govt workers should start taking the hits also. Why should their jobs be secure when ours are not?? We are paying the freight for them.

The point is..

When the choice needed to be made to lay off workers or cut executive bonuses, we all know what that decision was.

Will firing Government workers help get your job back?

Government: America's growth Industry

Well, apparently the private sector can't cut it. Theyr'e sending all the jobs overseas. Listen... What, exactly, do you Cons expect the unemployed American worker to do??? There aren't enough jobs for the people seeking work PLUS there aren't enough living wage jobs comprising those jobs available. THEN you don't want to give them unemployment? Seriously... WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO DO????? Are you guys going to set up debtors colonies like England did here? Seriously, are you really going to eschew government positions for your fellow citizens just because there's no millionaire CEO at the helm?

Alright spibby...HALT right there...:eusa_hand:

Answer the emboldened part. WHY?

At least they spent it here in the US. That money was spent here in the city, and that means it helped pay the salaries of a lot of people in the private sector. It all comes full circle anyway unless you have 1% of the population holding 2/3 of the total wealth hostage...

I see. So the more taxpayers' money Obama pisses away on his partying the better for the economy. Now I understand. :cuckoo:

Federal jobs don't have CEO's to pay millions of dollars to. There's low overhead so the actually working people can make a living wage.

But this isn't something Republicans like to see. They prefer the working people to make shit while the CEOs take home the big bucks.

Isn't that right?

LOL!

False.

I love how you guys just make shit up and expect people to take you seriously.

The highest estimate even from right wing blogs was $250,000 and that's even ridiculous.

How much did Obama say the "date" cost him when asked?

The point is..

When the choice needed to be made to lay off workers or cut executive bonuses, we all know what that decision was.

Will firing Government workers help get your job back?

Nope.

But that will be one less person payed with tax dollars. Money that could be spent elsewhere. LIke job creation ya think??

I have a friend who worked for the Feds for 17 years. She had to leave the job and come here to Florida to take care of her ailing mother.

This friend goes back to DC to visit friends. She is flabbergasted. The Govt workers, her old buds, have absolutely no idea what its like outside the bubble of DC. No job loss. No tightening of belts. They haven't got a clue about what the rest of the country is enduring.

Somehow that doesn't sit well with me especially since my tax dollars supports them and their benefits. They should face the same risks as we face.

After all. Barry boy wants that playing field leveled and fair is fair doncha know. LOL

Government jobs have historically paid low wages with large benefits.

The private sector has reducesd costs where ever possible including wages. Plus the private sector has reduced benefit substantially.
One main reason is the sky rocketing costs of health care.

Where the private sector needs to get its house in order is with top executive compensation. It is beyond ridiculous.

The government does not pay their top executives even close to the private sector.

Executive pay is one of the reasons the private sector cut wages and benefits. If they had cut executive pay, they would have continues to still be able to afford the wages and benefits (except healthcare) they were paying prior to the cuts.

As a worker and taxpayer, I much prefer the federal model..........much lower executive pay and good wages and benefits for the rank and file.

The balanced wage spread between the bottom and the top in a corporation creates a healthier economy also.
There is not a free market economy in the world that has such a disparity in compensation between top management and lower eschelon employees.

Maybe in Russia, but not anywhere else that I know of. Sometimes I think that some of our citizens think that we're still 13 backwater colonies and the exact same things that worked then will work now.

I see. So the more taxpayers' money Obama pisses away on his partying the better for the economy. Now I understand.

This money is now circulating in the economy IN THE US.... now, if you really want to talk about "pissing away money", we can take a journey to a sand pit in the middle east and really discuss some money pissing.

Can you imagine the CEO of a company takes three company planes on a "date" spends, about $1 million of company money, and then refuses to tell the stockholders how much the date actually cost?

LIke job creation ya think??

So.... shrub gave the rich people and businesses the tax breaks that they wanted, but they didn't create any jobs. Not a one... even when the economy was good - wasn't there NEGATIVE job creation under shrub? Why? This is a giant hole in the conservative argument. Why will no one answer this question for me??? WHY WERE NO JOBS CREATED IN A BOOMING ECONOMY COUPLED W/TAX CUTS FOR THE WEALTHY???

Last edited:
LIke job creation ya think??

So.... shrub gave the rich people and businesses the tax breaks that they wanted, but they didn't create any jobs. Not a one... even when the economy was good - wasn't there NEGATIVE job creation under shrub? Why? This is a giant hole in the conservative argument. Why will no one answer this question for me??? WHY WERE NO JOBS CREATED IN A BOOMING ECONOMY COUPLED W/TAX CUTS FOR THE WEALTHY???

Do you mean you did not notice the "trickle down" effect from the Bush $2.6 trillion tax cut??

Can you imagine the CEO of a company takes three company planes on a "date" spends, about $1 million of company money, and then refuses to tell the stockholders how much the date actually cost?

I'm sure it happens all the time. When Enron went down, who was left holding the bag again? Yeah, it was the wage slaves. Who dumped their stock (which the peons were not allowed to do) and got away with millions? The executives did, including the CEO. Privatize the profits, make the debts (or losses) public...

Forum List

Back