Federal jobs pay more than private sector

It really saddens me how people don't think that anyone can succeed in America unless they do it dishonestly or unethically.

I'll tell you one thing my wife and I will never forget how we struggled, and we don't take anything for granted.

I am lucky that I have great people working for me now.

Amway combines direct selling with a multi-level marketing strategy. Independent Buisiness Owners (IBO) may both market the products directly to potential customers and also recruit (sponsor) and train other people who become IBOs themselves and in turn have the same opportunity. Each IBO may earn income both from the retail markup on any products they sell personally, plus a performance bonus based on the sales volume they and their downline have generated[. People may also register as IBOs to buy products at a discounted rate

Let me guess.............Amway???

CMike.- Beep. Wrong answer

Bet I am close

Dude, he said he was in the top 3% nationally in earnings. Does it make a difference?
jealous? Why hammer on him?
Just because a CON$ervative says it doesn't make it so. In fact it is more likely not true.
Remember how CON$ always paint themselves as the "achievers" and the Libs as "slackers?" Then the CON$ decided to brag about how much more generous they are than Libs and ON LESS INCOME than Libs!!! So it is safe to assume CON$ exaggerate their income like they exaggerate everything else.

Bet I am close

Dude, he said he was in the top 3% nationally in earnings. Does it make a difference?
Just because a CON$ervative says it doesn't make it so. In fact it is more likely not true.
Remember how CON$ always paint themselves as the "achievers" and the Libs as "slackers?" Then the CON$ decided to brag about how much more generous they are than Libs and ON LESS INCOME than Libs!!! So it is safe to assume CON$ exaggerate their income like they exaggerate everything else.

I guess I won't tell you that I retired at 57....you would call me a liar.

Your a buffoon edthe$ynic, and nothing more

Government jobs have historically paid low wages with large benefits.

The private sector has reducesd costs where ever possible including wages. Plus the private sector has reduced benefit substantially.
One main reason is the sky rocketing costs of health care.

Where the private sector needs to get its house in order is with top executive compensation. It is beyond ridiculous.

The government does not pay their top executives even close to the private sector.

Average salary for a government worker is 72K--average wage for a private sector worker is 42K per year. Now if that doesn't hit you in between the eyes--I don't know what will--:lol::lol:

The federal government is expanding in leaps in bounds while the private sector is SHRINKING--It has absolutely nothing to do with BENEFITS. We are talking WAGES.

To--add this minority executive pay for large private sector corporations--in no way reflects the millions of small business people --in this country that drive this nation--and are the majority employer in this nation. Only 5% of this entire population makes over 250k per year, and only 1% of this nation make over 300k per year. Chomp on those numbers for a little while--will ya.

Last edited:
It really saddens me how people don't think that anyone can succeed in America unless they do it dishonestly or unethically.

I'll tell you one thing my wife and I will never forget how we struggled, and we don't take anything for granted.

I am lucky that I have great people working for me now.

Amway . They will take any unemployable schuck and get him to recruit his friends and family. These people technically "work for you". Ponzi scheme sales

I knew your situation fit the model.
What a dochebag.

As I said I don't do amway or anything like it.

Most businesses have people who work in it other than the owner.

Your guesses are about as good as your political acumen. (that was meant to be sarcastic )

To--add this minority executive pay for large private sector corporations--in no way reflects the millions of small business people --in this country that drive this nation--and are the majority employer in this nation. Only 5% of this entire population makes over 250k per year, and only 1% of this nation make over 300k per year. Chomp on those numbers for a little while--will ya.

And 0% of Government employees make over $250k

It doesn't matter, for a large corporation, the the top pay only is a small part of the actual income for payroll.

Bet I am close

I never said all liberals are slackers.

I will tell you that in my door to door travels I met a lot of poor people. A chunk of them complained how they were laid off about 3 years ago, can't find jobs, on government assistance, yadda yadda yadda.

Some of them I offered jobs to doing exactly what I am doing, and almost always they say no. They wouldn't even try it.

Out of the ones that said yes, most of them did pretty well. They went out made about 3 or 4 sales in two hours, made about $200, in that time, more than they ever made before, and after the week they quit.

This ticks me off. I have a MBA but did the door to door sales because I had to do it to support my wife. It really bothers me how many lazy people are out there that would rather get government assistance than work.

I trust my fellow American.

You dam those that trust their fellow American.
Sure you do!

You especially trust your fellow Americans who elected Obama!! :lol:

See the first quote in my sig.

Nice judgement call.

SO just becuase I dont agree with someone on one topic means I am some partisan hack?

I pity those that make judgement calls on people based on one topic. Such end up with few lasting HONEST relationships.

By the way, you blew it with this call.

How much does it cost those people to answer, or not answer the door? See the difference?

Also our prospects have a choice whether to use us or not. The government gives no such choice.

The customers are also getting a discount on stuff they are already buying, so the bad economy is great for us.

Amway gets a bad rap.

You absolutely cannot deny the success of the company or its business model.

And in general the products are very good quality. I buy several different products from a local guy.

Network marketing isn't for everyone. Certainly not for me as I really can't stand talking to people. But it is a valid and can be a very profitable business model.

Also our prospects have a choice whether to use us or not. The government gives no such choice.

The customers are also getting a discount on stuff they are already buying, so the bad economy is great for us.

Amway gets a bad rap.

And in general the products are very good quality. I buy several different products from a local guy.

Network marketing isn't for everyone. Certainly not for me as I really can't stand talking to people. But it is a valid and can be a very profitable business model.

I am not trashing Amway

I am merely congratulating CMike for his successful career as an Amway distributor.

I'll tell you one thing my wife and I will never forget how we struggled,..

violinists.jpg

Amway gets a bad rap.

I am not trashing Amway

I am merely congratulating CMike for his successful career as an Amway distributor.

:cuckoo: What a loon.

It doesn't matter, for a large corporation, the the top pay only is a small part of the actual income for payroll.

The % of gross income paid in payroll vary's substantially depending on the type of business.

I own a service business and a vey large portion of our gross income goes to payroll.

CMike, no way do you have an MBA. You do not have a grasp of basic economic principles. Your business knowledge appears to be very limited.

The blind leading the blind...

Read more carefully what I wrote.

Last edited:
The blind leading the blind...

Read more carefully what I wrote.

I did read incorrectly what you said but my point still applies. The % of payroll that goes toward executive pay varies by business.

A service company will have a substantially higher % of payroll in executive compensation.

AIG has a substantially higher % in executive pay than General Motors. The entire banking and financial industry has a relatively high % of payroll and overall expenses in executive pay.

There is also a leadership issue when there is a huge disparity between top executives and lower eschelon employees.

Many successful companies are identifying this and reversing the trend. Microsoft is an excellent example. But there are many, many more.

Read even more carefully what I wrote.

Some businesses have a high % of payroll that goes toward executive compensation.

Financial service companies in partcular. My company in particular.

The former Lehmann brothers is a good example.

Plus the leadership issue applies no matter what the %.

Your statement does not apply to all businesses. And it applies to businesses in varying degrees.

Another example of simplistic thinking that does not work.

The % of gross income paid in payroll vary's substantially depending on the type of business.

I own a service business and a vey large portion of our gross income goes to payroll.

CMike, no way do you have an MBA. You do not have a grasp of basic economic principles. Your business knowledge appears to be very limited.[/QUOTE]

It is quite obvious.

Forum List

Back