Debate Now "Facts" you know that are wrong.

The most pervasive lies I've encountered on the internet typically have to do with the Founding Fathers being "conservative"* and Hitler being liberal, even though these are demonstratively untrue

View attachment 47724

*"conservative" like they are.
How about, the presidents are somehow responsible for the economy...directly.

They may have influence, but they don't pull levers and push buttons in such a way that they can actually dictate outcomes.

There is entire army of people behind the scenes...some not so far behind.

The PRZ is THE MOST responsible for the economy. Just look to Harding/Coolidge/Reagan/Dubya to see when you "don't believe in Gov't regulators" what happens!

So what was Obama's problem ?

The economy isn't as bad as some say......but it isn't that great for many......

Can the president single handedly cure income inequality ?

I've never really blamed (or credited) presidents for the economy. They can have an influence. Both Reagan and Clinton did.
Will income ever be cured even in a communist society

Income ever cured? LOL

I assume you meant income inequality? No. Its always going to be there, and should, it's the LEVEL of inequality we need to worry about.

Hint the Founders understood the levels of inequality matter, and wanted to do away with unearned wealth and preferred a MERIT based society! Something getting further and further away from US

BTW, Gov't policy in the US (and most other nations) create the largest shares of the middle class, which is not a natural state!
Yes that's what I meant. Sorry I was having a separate conversation at the time, but you picked up on it, I don't see the need to scoff unless you've never done that before.

And I agree it is high, that does not come without the help of power, which I assume you are smart enough to agree with. And yes they (the founders) wanted a merit based society which I agree with (currently progressive universities are trying to call hire based on merit micro-aggression).

The natural state of human history has been the few in charge of the many. Very very few examples of the individual with the greatest amount of power in history. The middle class really did not rise until the rise of the individual. With the rise of the individual came the rise of natural supply and demand, not artificial supply and demand created by the more powerful leaders whose natural state is to garner more power for them selves, meaning they need more control.

He's a complete asshole. That is why I have him on ignore.

He spams the board like crazy and he always comes at people (even new posters like they are children and he's god).

Don't waste your time.

That evul con lie that free stuff can't come from the government.

Of course it's free, with $18 Trillion in debt, we haven't paid for shit in a long time.

Weird the right wing can't seem to see $17+ trillion of the debt has been since Ronnie started the "supply side" crap right? Yep, nothings free!

Bush CEA Chair Mankiw: Claim That Broad-Based Income Tax Cuts Increase Revenue Is Not "Credible," Capital Income Tax Cuts Also Don't Pay For Themselves

Bush-Appointed Federal Reserve Chair Bernanke: "I Don't Think That As A General Rule Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Bush Treasury Secretary Paulson: "As A General Rule, I Don't Believe That Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Bush OMB Director Nussle: "Some Say That [The Tax Cut] Was A Total Loss. Some Say They Totally Pay For Themselves. It's Neither Extreme."

Bush CEA Chairman Lazear: "As A General Rule, We Do Not Think Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Bush Economic Adviser Viard: "Federal Revenue Is Lower Today Than It Would Have Been Without The Tax Cuts."

Bush Treasury Official Carroll: "We Do Not Think Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Reagan Chief Economist Feldstein: "It's Not That You Get More Revenue By Lowering Tax Rates, It Is That You Don't Lose As Much."

Feldstein In 1986: "Hyperbole" That Reagan Tax Cut "Would Actually Increase Tax Revenue."

Conservative Economist Holtz-Eakin: "No Serious Research Evidence" Suggests Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Tax Foundation's Prante: "A Stretch" To Claim "Cutting Capital Gains Taxes Raises Tax Revenues."
ON NOS! THE GOVERNMENT WILL RUN OUT OF MONEY!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOVERNMENT, INCREASE TAXES.

fuck the country, right?

fuck the people, right?

as long as the government takes our money they can do whatever they want

you are a fucking idiot, a complete and absolute fucking buffoon.

four legs good
two legs better

The bailouts saved us from another Great Depression.

First, let me use the marketplace as part of my justification. By the fall of 2008 and prior to TARP, all the world’s stock markets had already dropped by nearly 20% from their highs a year before. For example, the Dow Jones had dropped from 14,038 in October 2007 to 10,847 by October 2008. If you look at other world market indices (e.g., NIKKEA, HIS, FTSE, DAX, SMSI, FCHI, etc.) you will find similar results for the same period. The free market system was working. All information available to the public (including the deteriorating problems with the banks) had already been factored into the global market place.

However, immediately following the initiation of TARP in October 2008, stimulated by the uncertainty and the ensuing confusion generated by our leaders, the markets panicked and dropped another 40% of their value. In fact, by March 9, 2009, just a little over five-months after TARP, the Dow Jones bottomed at 6440. Shortly, after this bottom, sanity actually returned to the marketplace, and “all” global markets returned to the levels of today, which is essentially the same level that they were at the time prior to the initiation of TARP in America.

Read more: TARP Did Not Save Us From A Great Depression, It Nearly Created One - Business Insider

To be fair:

You get Paul Krugman......

So it seems that America isn't going to have a second Great Depression after all. What saved us? The answer, basically, is big government. Just to be clear: The economic situation remains terrible, indeed worse than almost anyone thought possible not long ago. The US has lost 6.7m jobs since the recession began. Once you take into account the need to find employment for a growing working-age population, we're probably about 9m jobs short of where we should be.

And the job market still hasn't turned around – that slight dip in the measured unemployment rate last month was probably a statistical fluke. We haven't yet reached the point at which things are actually improving; for now, all we have to celebrate are indications that things are getting worse more slowly. For all that, however, the latest flurry of reports suggests that the economy has backed up several paces from the edge of the abyss.

Saved by big government | Paul Krugman

Not that I can figure how Krugman's logic is at all that. He won some kind of award for economics (not a nobel prize....just given by the same group as I understand it). But it wasn't for this crappy argument.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back