ESPN Is Trying To Make The NFL Politically Correct

Hell with being politically correct....let's just be correct

Tebow sucks

Mostly because he was home schooled.

Sucks.

Tim Tebow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

College statistics and records

At the end of his college career, Tebow held 5 NCAA, 14 Southeastern Conference, and 28 University of Florida statistical records.[75] He was the SEC's all-time leader in career passing efficiency (170.8), completion percentage (67.1%), passing touchdown to interception ratio (5.5 to 1), rushing yards by a quarterback (2947), rushing touchdowns (any position) (57), and total touchdowns responsible for (145).[7][76] Among many mentions in the NCAA Division-I record book, Tebow is ranked second in career passing efficiency, third in career yards per attempt (9.33), 8th in career rushing touchdowns, and also owns the record for most consecutive games in which he both threw at least one touchdown pass and scored at least one rushing touchdown (14).[77]

College
2006 season

SEC All-Freshman Team[181]
SEC Freshman of the Week[182]

2007 season
Tim Tebow in 2007

Walter Camp Foundation National Offensive Player of the Week[183]
Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Week, three times[184][185][186]
Davey O'Brien Award winner[187]
Heisman Trophy winner
Maxwell Award winner[187]
Walter Camp Award finalist[188]
Sporting News Player of the Year
Harley Award winner
Quarterback of the Year[189]
First-team Academic All-American[190]
Manning Award finalist[191]
Rivals.com National Offensive Player of the Year[192]
Rivals.com SEC Offensive Player of the Year[193]
First-team All-SEC (Associated Press,[194] Coaches,[195] Rivals.com[193])
Associated Press SEC Offensive Player of the Year[194]
Associated Press Player of the Year[196]
First-team All-American by: Associated Press, Football Writers Association of America, Walter Camp Football Foundation, Sporting News, Sports Illustrated, ESPN, CBS Sports, College Football News, Rivals.com, and Scout.com
James E. Sullivan Award, awarded to the Nations top amateur athlete[197]
Roy F. Kramer SEC Male Athlete of the Year.[198] Third Florida Gator to win this award, Danny Wuerffel (won twice) and Ryan Lochte.
ESPY for Best Male College Athlete[199]

2008 season

First-team All-America by College Football News.
Disney Spirit Award[200]
ESPY for Best Male College Athlete
Heisman Trophy finalist
Manning Award winner
Maxwell Award winner
Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Week[201]
2008 SEC Championship Game Most Valuable Player
First-team All-SEC (AP,[202] Coaches,[203] Rivals.com[204])
Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Year
Southeastern Conference Scholar-Athlete of the Year[205]
Wuerffel Trophy winner

2009 season

William V. Campbell Trophy (formerly the Vincent dePaul Draddy Trophy, "The Academic Heisman") winner
Lowe's Senior CLASS Award
Heisman Trophy finalist
First-team All-SEC (AP,[206] Coaches,[207] Rivals.com[208])
Second-team All-America (Walter Camp Foundation)
Sugar Bowl Most Outstanding Player[209]
Sports Illustrated College football Player of the Decade[210]

Professional

2× Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week - Weeks 10 and 16 (2010)
2011 GMC Never Say Never Moment of the Year[211] - Come from behind overtime win vs. Bears - Week 14

Although questions about his passing skill loomed, Tebow was named the Florida Gators starting quarterback for the 2007 season.[39] He opened the year 13-of-17 for 300 yards and three touchdowns in his starting debut against Western Kentucky University.[40] Tebow finished the regular season with the second highest passing efficiency in the nation with 177.8. Additionally, he averaged 4.3 yards per carry on the ground.[41]

Links

http://www.totalfootballstats.com/FloridaGators.asp

Yup.....sucks

Last edited:
Let's look at Tom Brady: Tom Brady - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brady played college football for, and graduated from, the University of Michigan.[11][12] He was a backup his first two years, while teammate and future NFL quarterback Brian Griese led the 1997 Wolverines to an undefeated season capped by a victory in the Rose Bowl and a share of the national championship. When he enrolled at Michigan, Brady was seventh on the depth chart and had an intense struggle to get some playing time. At one point, Brady hired a sports psychologist to help him cope with frustration and anxiety and even considered transferring to Cal.[13][14] Brady battled for the starting job with Drew Henson,[12] ultimately starting every game in the 1998 and 1999 seasons under Michigan head coach Lloyd Carr. During his first full year as starter, he set Michigan records for most pass attempts and completions in a season (214).[15] Brady was All-Big Ten honorable mention both seasons and team captain his senior year. The Wolverines won 20 of 25 games when he started and shared the Big Ten Conference title in 1998. Brady capped that season with a win over Arkansas in the Citrus Bowl.[16] In the 1999 season, Brady led Michigan to an overtime win in the Orange Bowl over Alabama, throwing for 369 yards and four touchdowns.[12]

Last edited:
Well let's see...

2 college national titles, so he is a hero in Florida even after he dies.
Heisman Trophy winner
Has millions in the bank
Can get any women he wants

Yeah, he is such a loser when compared to a bonafide loser like you.

Tebow sucks

What were Ryan Leaf's college stats? Probably pretty damn good to be taken first in the draft. :)

Some players that excel in college can't do it in the pros.

Ryan Leaf wasn't quite the player that Tebow was.

My brother said he always was a bit of a head case.

Loads of talent but a terrible personality.

I still have his jersey from when he was a Charger.

Maybe I'll swing by the state pen and get him to sign it for me sometime. (just kidding)

Oh, and congrats on winning the trophy for our fantasy league.
smiley-with-gold-medal-emoticon.gif

Last edited:
What were Ryan Leaf's college stats? Probably pretty damn good to be taken first in the draft. :)

Maybe I'll swing by the state pen and get him to sign it for me sometime.

Tebow seems to be the opposite of Leaf in a lot of ways. He DOES have a solid personality, teammates like him, he can be a good leader....but he doesn't have the skills as of now.

This was the only fantasy sb I won, of 3 I got into. I don't know if it was a good year or a disappointing one. :tongue:

Maybe I'll swing by the state pen and get him to sign it for me sometime.

Tebow seems to be the opposite of Leaf in a lot of ways. He DOES have a solid personality, teammates like him, he can be a good leader....but he doesn't have the skills as of now.

This was the only fantasy sb I won, of 3 I got into. I don't know if it was a good year or a disappointing one. :tongue:

Best place I got was 3rd in the 3 I was in.

I think some of it is luck and some of it is skill.

A few seasons ago I had the trophy in the bag and all Jamal Lewis had to do was hang onto the ball. He fumbled me back into a tie and I lost on a tie-breaker.

If they did I'm sure they'd be catching hell from the Nazis in the media.

It's a well-known fact that sports media is infiltrated with Nazis.

:thup:

I Bing'ed ESPN Nazis and I got this......

article-2047450-0E51355400000578-99_468x324.jpg

Didn't take them long after the took over MNF to get rid of this red-neck.

They did the same to Rush.

Because they said stupid, offensive things.

They also fired the guy who said RG3 wasn't black enough.

Like I said, your premise is silly. Conservatives as Victims is a sad meme.

It's a well-known fact that sports media is infiltrated with Nazis.

:thup:

I Bing'ed ESPN Nazis and I got this......

article-2047450-0E51355400000578-99_468x324.jpg

Didn't take them long after the took over MNF to get rid of this red-neck.

They did the same to Rush.

Because they said stupid, offensive things.

They also fired the guy who said RG3 wasn't black enough.

Like I said, your premise is silly. Conservatives as Victims is a sad meme.

He bad-mouthed Obama. That's it. He was gone practically over-night. They took a few weeks to fire that dick-head that was making racist statements about RG3. I guess the complaints about it got too much for them to justify keeping him. I'm sure they would have overlooked it otherwise. After all, it's not like Jimmy The Greek commenting on how in the South the Massas used to breed blacks.

BTW, Rush said that the media had a tendency to heap praise on some QBs because they were black. He felt that ESPN was engaged in some sort of social experiment. How dare he say such a thing.

BTW, Denver could have used Tebow Saturday. Peyton's surgeries caught up with him because of the cold and he couldn't get any distance on his throws. That's why they decided to take a knee with over 30 seconds left in the first half.

BTW, Denver could have used Tebow Saturday. Peyton's surgeries caught up with him because of the cold and he couldn't get any distance on his throws. That's why they decided to take a knee with over 30 seconds left in the first half.

doubling down on the stupid isn't helping, ace.

Tebow is a terrible NFL qb.

When he started in Devner, his QB rating was *last in the entire league of QB's.

He isn't being persecuted, he ACTUALLY sucks as an NFL qb.

You must not follow sports if you didn't know that. Listen to Jets and former Broncos on the radio talk about how much ass he sucks at practice, etc. when being asked why the Jets weren't putting him in.

And RG3 had one of the best rookie seasons EVER, was the future franchise player of the Redskins, and got a career threatening injury. Wtf is not to cover?

Lighten up, as much as you think he's "persecuted" because he's an outspoken Christian white boy - - - - - you only STAND UP FOR HIM because he's an outspoken Christian whiteboy. Lets put all the real on the table.

And the NFL doesn't hate God loving people. Half the fucking touchdowns scored some receiver does the sign of the cross, and it's been going on for years. Stop looking under the bed when nothing is there.

Tebow sucks

Mostly because he was home schooled.

Sucks.

College statistics and records

At the end of his college career, Tebow held 5 NCAA, 14 Southeastern Conference, and 28 University of Florida statistical records.[75] He was the SEC's all-time leader in career passing efficiency (170.8), completion percentage (67.1%), passing touchdown to interception ratio (5.5 to 1), rushing yards by a quarterback (2947), rushing touchdowns (any position) (57), and total touchdowns responsible for (145).[7][76] Among many mentions in the NCAA Division-I record book, Tebow is ranked second in career passing efficiency, third in career yards per attempt (9.33), 8th in career rushing touchdowns, and also owns the record for most consecutive games in which he both threw at least one touchdown pass and scored at least one rushing touchdown (14).[77]

College
2006 season

SEC All-Freshman Team[181]
SEC Freshman of the Week[182]

2007 season
Tim Tebow in 2007

Walter Camp Foundation National Offensive Player of the Week[183]
Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Week, three times[184][185][186]
Davey O'Brien Award winner[187]
Heisman Trophy winner
Maxwell Award winner[187]
Walter Camp Award finalist[188]
Sporting News Player of the Year
Harley Award winner
Quarterback of the Year[189]
Manning Award finalist[191]
Rivals.com National Offensive Player of the Year[192]
Rivals.com SEC Offensive Player of the Year[193]
First-team All-SEC (Associated Press,[194] Coaches,[195] Rivals.com[193])
Associated Press SEC Offensive Player of the Year[194]
Associated Press Player of the Year[196]
First-team All-American by: Associated Press, Football Writers Association of America, Walter Camp Football Foundation, Sporting News, Sports Illustrated, ESPN, CBS Sports, College Football News, Rivals.com, and Scout.com
James E. Sullivan Award, awarded to the Nations top amateur athlete[197]
Roy F. Kramer SEC Male Athlete of the Year.[198] Third Florida Gator to win this award, Danny Wuerffel (won twice) and Ryan Lochte.
ESPY for Best Male College Athlete[199]

2008 season

First-team All-America by College Football News.
Disney Spirit Award[200]
ESPY for Best Male College Athlete
Heisman Trophy finalist
Manning Award winner
Maxwell Award winner
Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Week[201]
2008 SEC Championship Game Most Valuable Player
First-team All-SEC (AP,[202] Coaches,[203] Rivals.com[204])
Southeastern Conference Scholar-Athlete of the Year[205]
Wuerffel Trophy winner

2009 season

William V. Campbell Trophy (formerly the Vincent dePaul Draddy Trophy, "The Academic Heisman") winner
Lowe's Senior CLASS Award
Heisman Trophy finalist
First-team All-SEC (AP,[206] Coaches,[207] Rivals.com[208])
Second-team All-America (Walter Camp Foundation)
Sugar Bowl Most Outstanding Player[209]
Sports Illustrated College football Player of the Decade[210]

Professional

2× Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week - Weeks 10 and 16 (2010)
2011 GMC Never Say Never Moment of the Year[211] - Come from behind overtime win vs. Bears - Week 14

Although questions about his passing skill loomed, Tebow was named the Florida Gators starting quarterback for the 2007 season.[39] He opened the year 13-of-17 for 300 yards and three touchdowns in his starting debut against Western Kentucky University.[40] Tebow finished the regular season with the second highest passing efficiency in the nation with 177.8. Additionally, he averaged 4.3 yards per carry on the ground.[41]

Links

Florida Gators College Football Statistics & History - Totalfootballstats.com

Yup.....sucks

Denver wasted a first round pick on a scatter armed QB. Two years later he had increased in value to a fourth rounder from the Jets

Right now, anyone can have his contract for a sack of potatoes

Yup....sucks

When he started in Devner, his QB rating was *last in the entire league of QB's.

You must not follow sports if you didn't know that. Listen to Jets and former Broncos on the radio talk about how much ass he sucks at practice, etc. when being asked why the Jets weren't putting him in.

And RG3 had one of the best rookie seasons EVER, was the future franchise player of the Redskins, and got a career threatening injury. Wtf is not to cover?

Lighten up, as much as you think he's "persecuted" because he's an outspoken Christian white boy - - - - - you only STAND UP FOR HIM because he's an outspoken Christian whiteboy. Lets put all the real on the table.

And the NFL doesn't hate God loving people. Half the fucking touchdowns scored some receiver does the sign of the cross, and it's been going on for years. Stop looking under the bed when nothing is there.

Maybe you should take your own advice and lighten up.

Tebow does not desrve to be black-balled out of the league. If you weren't being your usual reactionary self you'd realize that's what I'm saying.

Tebow does not desrve to be black-balled out of the league. If you weren't being your usual reactionary self you'd realize that's what I'm saying.

All players who suck end up getting blackballed from the league

I know it is not fair, but thats the way it is

And you're an expert?

I'm seeing a lot of opinions and not a lot of facts.

"He sucks,......deal with it!"

What more convincing argument is there?

And you're an expert?

I'm seeing a lot of opinions and not a lot of facts.

"He sucks,......deal with it!"

What more convincing argument is there?

The fact that no NFL teams are interested in the guy is pretty convincing

NFL loves to copycat successful trends. This year running QBs who can pass was the big offensive trend. Young players like RGIII, Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick all lead their teams into the playoffs

Seems the market would be ripe for someone with the name recognition of Tim Tebow

Yet, nobody is interested. Why? The guy can't throw and has bad football instincts

Can't get a more convincing argument than that

Last edited:

ESPN lacks the clout to blackball Tebow. No team really cares what ESPN says about their quarterback, as long as that qb delivers the performance they need on the job.

Look at Michael Vick if you question that.

How is it Tom Brady is such a great QB now when he wasn't in college?

Because of coaching. He went to a guy who redesigned his mechanics and taught him how to throw more consistently. I think Tebow could learn to throw properly and with greater accuracy but he's never been taught how.

Tom Brady

Why should a team that is paying Tebow millions on contract wait for the off-chance that he will improve when they have a better qb on contract? They're paying him millions and they need him deliver now, not a year or two down the road.

It's not like there isn't a fresh crop of QBs coming out of college annually. Tebow has plenty of competition and there are QBs under salary for a lot less than he's earning that are performing a lot better.

He's had 3 years now to learn how to perform in the NFL.

Forum List

Back