Ending Medicare..a sure fire winner for Republicans!

This isn't even a fair fight here. They are handing Obama the presidency in 2012.

I want to start a petition..lets (just this one time) make it so a person can have three terms....lol

I can only guess that the OP is alluding to the Ryan budget proposal. Yeah, it is hard to make changes to unsustainable programs. Lots of vested interests and demagoguery on both sides. But the left's alternate, "Doing Nothing", will lead us on a course that is all but sure to force us to make even more drastic cuts to entitlement programs down the road.

Even though the Ryan plan weakens it, it makes Medicare more sustainable.

This isn't even a fair fight here. They are handing Obama the presidency in 2012.

I want to start a petition..lets (just this one time) make it so a person can have three terms....lol

seems fair to me.

after all, bush is getting three.

Obama started a war based on a lie?

Obama got over 4k american military members killed because of a lie?

If it ever gets that bad on Obama's watch, you could have a point.

Oh hey, can we count on your vote in 2012? :cool:

I can only guess that the OP is alluding to the Ryan budget proposal. Yeah, it is hard to make changes to unsustainable programs. Lots of vested interests and demagoguery on both sides. But the left's alternate, "Doing Nothing", will lead us on a course that is all but sure to force us to make even more drastic cuts to entitlement programs down the road.

Exactly...make it more viable.

Maybe the Statist will side with ObamaCare that takes out $500B and double counts it?:lol:

seems fair to me.

you can keep telling yourself he's different if you want.

:thup:

seems fair to me.

obama's first term isn't even done yet, dipshit.

Maybe the Statist will side with ObamaCare that takes out $500B and double counts it?:lol:

You don't see the irony of your statement, do you thomas?

Let's talk about "sustainable". Get rid of "royalty relief" and "tax breaks" for big oil alone and you put 53 billion dollars back into the treasury. Fund the IRS properly and you put some 300 billion back into the treasury.

Withou breaking a sweat..I just came up with $353 billion. And THATS without raising taxes.

You don't see the irony of your statement, do you thomas?

:lol:

No..he doesn't.

And it's doubly ironic that the 500billion dollars that come out of Medicare are down by reducing frauding and redunancy.

So his "anti-statist" stance is pro a big government entitlement..and pro fraud and waste of tax payer funding.:lol:

Ever think that there are more important things in this world than winning elections? Sometimes doing what's right is a "loser".

Either we start fixing this nation or we don't. I'd rather we attempt to fix the nation and lose an election then stick our heads in the sand, pretending there are no problems and guarentee that our nation becomes a footnote in history.

Ryan's proposal ends medicare for all practical purposes. It proposes a voucher system, whereby states would be given money to administer to medicare beneficiaries. The government would not provide services, or directly pay for services. Rather, the government would provide a voucher towards individuals buying medicine on the free market. What if the voucher isn't enough to buy insurance? Ryan's plan doesn't say, but the implication is that you just don't get to see the doctor.

That is not medicare.

:lol::lol:

Not!

Busting Unions, Ending Medicare, Cutting Budgets..and giving the savings to the Super Wealthy.

Please guys! Keep this up!!!:clap2::clap2:
Oh stop the class envy bullshit..
Medicare is BROKEN....The system should be blown up and rebuilt into something more sensible with a total elimination of bureaucratic expense.
If you really wanted to take care of the elderly, you would agree that medicare is not functioning and is being drowned in red ink due to the astronomical administrative costs.

Ryan's proposal ends medicare for all practical purposes. It proposes a voucher system, whereby states would be given money to administer to medicare beneficiaries. The government would not provide services, or directly pay for services. Rather, the government would provide a voucher towards individuals buying medicine on the free market. What if the voucher isn't enough to buy insurance? Ryan's plan doesn't say, but the implication is that you just don't get to see the doctor.

That is not medicare.

An older person trying to buy health insurance. What could possibly go wrong there?

Oh and these vouchers...like you mentioned...what happens when it runs out?

Say they give them 15k in a voucher. 15k to an older person living in assistant living will go fairly quickly...then what?

Like steels said, "we dont know".

Great plan republicans. You guys are kidding with this right?

:lol::lol:

Not!

Busting Unions, Ending Medicare, Cutting Budgets..and giving the savings to the Super Wealthy.

Please guys! Keep this up!!!:clap2::clap2:
Oh stop the class envy bullshit..
Medicare is BROKEN....The system should be blown up and rebuilt into something more sensible with a total elimination of bureaucratic expense.
If you really wanted to take care of the elderly, you would agree that medicare is not functioning and is being drowned in red ink due to the astronomical administrative costs.

Adn vouchers are the answer? You are kidding righty?

Forum List

Back