Ending Medicare..a sure fire winner for Republicans!

:lol::lol:

Not!

Busting Unions, Ending Medicare, Cutting Budgets..and giving the savings to the Super Wealthy.

Please guys! Keep this up!!!:clap2::clap2:
Oh stop the class envy bullshit..
Medicare is BROKEN....The system should be blown up and rebuilt into something more sensible with a total elimination of bureaucratic expense.
If you really wanted to take care of the elderly, you would agree that medicare is not functioning and is being drowned in red ink due to the astronomical administrative costs.

If I bother to dig up the evidence that Medicare spends way less on administration and way more on paying out benefits than private insurers, will you bother to look at it and consider changing your opinion?

Republicans want to kill the elderly because thats what happens when the government only spend $3.5trillion instead of 3.8 trillion!!!!! The elderly dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

I heard a great idea yesterday, somebody said Harry Reid needs to get the Ryan budget to a vote in the Senate,

and make the Republicans vote for it, if they dare.

Not!

Busting Unions, Ending Medicare, Cutting Budgets..and giving the savings to the Super Wealthy.

Nobody has proposed ending Medicare.

Yes they have. Ryan is going to keep collecting your premiums and then give some of them back to you to force you to go and buy private insurance. That's not Medicare.

In fact, what's with forcing people to buy private insurance, or lose their premiums?

I thought the conservative consensus was that that was unconstitutional? lol

Not!

This thread reminded my of a fond memory. A hard life lesson I learned in my younger years.

See, from 18-22, I had a sweet deal. I had a room that was completely paid for. I had 3 free meals a day in a buffet style cafeteria. There were hot, young coeds all over the place, a free pool. Partying on the weekend. Few repsonsibilities. No bills. Oh....sorry...it was called college. It was $18,000 a year in 1990. Over $25-30,000 a year today. My parents told me loans were necessary to pay for it.

It was fun. But that lifestyle was unsustainable. Too expensive. 4.5 years was all I could afford to live that wonderful, memorable lifestyle of college.

Thats where America is. We did it up real big with free money and handouts. But the ride is over. I don't know why liberals dont grasp the idea of "unsustainable". Liberals, like spoiled college kids, don't want the fun to end. But it must. Only adults will be able to make them realize that.

I can only guess that the OP is alluding to the Ryan budget proposal. Yeah, it is hard to make changes to unsustainable programs. Lots of vested interests and demagoguery on both sides. But the left's alternate, "Doing Nothing", will lead us on a course that is all but sure to force us to make even more drastic cuts to entitlement programs down the road.

Even though the Ryan plan weakens it, it makes Medicare more sustainable.

Medicare can be made MUCH more sustainable and STRONGER by simply opening it up to EVERYONE. Why is that never "on the table"?

Not!

Not a chance.

The investment and corporate class in the USA is addicted to government welfare coming at them in various guises such as tax breaks for certain kinds of investments, cronny government contracts, and laws allowing them to get their money offshore to take advantage of labor costs.

And since they OWN our government, they're not likely to stop pressing that advantage regardless of what that might do in the longer run to this nation.

They believe that selfishness IS a virtue so really, they have no interest in doing the right thing for the nation.

I can only guess that the OP is alluding to the Ryan budget proposal. Yeah, it is hard to make changes to unsustainable programs. Lots of vested interests and demagoguery on both sides. But the left's alternate, "Doing Nothing", will lead us on a course that is all but sure to force us to make even more drastic cuts to entitlement programs down the road.

Let's talk about "sustainable". Get rid of "royalty relief" and "tax breaks" for big oil alone and you put 53 billion dollars back into the treasury. Fund the IRS properly and you put some 300 billion back into the treasury.

Withou breaking a sweat..I just came up with $353 billion. And THATS without raising taxes.

Its partly because of the HIGH TAXES on it already that our fuel prices are sky HIGH!

Obama is doing this all on purpose.... HE WANTS HIGH GAS PRICES!

If you folks really believe what you say about Repubes... you would sit back and STFU so they can hang themselves. :cuckoo:

these idiots are running on lowering taxes for the rich...less regulation on wall street and ending medicare.

WOW.

Oh, how is that working out by the way?

Republicans Running for Cover After Budget Vote to End Medicare | FDL News Desk

YOU fail in economics ZONED. You punish those that invest and make JOBS...you Punish everyone else. Like Obama has done so far in his tenure in the Whitehouse...and the Statist Democrats since '06.

You need to go back to school.

Where the hell are those who invest and make JOBS? Hell, we extended the Bush tax cuts for them, where the hell are all the jobs??

Let's talk about "sustainable". Get rid of "royalty relief" and "tax breaks" for big oil alone and you put 53 billion dollars back into the treasury. Fund the IRS properly and you put some 300 billion back into the treasury.

Withou breaking a sweat..I just came up with $353 billion. And THATS without raising taxes.

I agree S that the subsidies, tax loopholes and tax breaks need to go. GE made billionis last year and using a tax loophole payed nothing in taxes. They weren't the only company doing the same I'm sure. All perfectly legal.

Haven't heard Barry Boy saying anything about his boy Immelts profits from GE. Have heard him speak endlessly about raising taxes on the "evil" rich though. Apparantly GE isn't one of the "evil" rich.

You obviously don't like Ryans fix. Got one of your own??

Another novel Idea, agressively pursue Medicare/medicaid fraud.
And make laws with teeth in them to punish the offenders.
Lets say the fine is automatically 200% of the money you obtained by fraud.
Lets keep the fines from just being a cost of doing business.

I agree S that the subsidies, tax loopholes and tax breaks need to go. GE made billionis last year and using a tax loophole payed nothing in taxes. They weren't the only company doing the same I'm sure. All perfectly legal.

Haven't heard Barry Boy saying anything about his boy Immelts profits from GE. Have heard him speak endlessly about raising taxes on the "evil" rich though. Apparantly GE isn't one of the "evil" rich.

You obviously don't like Ryans fix. Got one of your own??

Yeah..it's in the post you reponded to. It adds 5.8 times to revenue to the treasury without cutting anything.

353/60=5.8

You mean like what ObamaCare does to come with it's 500 billion in savings?:eusa_whistle:

these idiots are running on lowering taxes for the rich...less regulation on wall street and ending medicare.

WOW.

Oh, how is that working out by the way?

Republicans Running for Cover After Budget Vote to End Medicare | FDL News Desk

YOU fail in economics ZONED. You punish those that invest and make JOBS...you Punish everyone else. Like Obama has done so far in his tenure in the Whitehouse...and the Statist Democrats since '06.

You need to go back to school.

Where the hell are those who invest and make JOBS? Hell, we extended the Bush tax cuts for them, where the hell are all the jobs??

At McDonalds..but dammit..Doctors, Lawyers, Techs and other people with degrees just aren't applying for them!!:lol:

You mean like what ObamaCare does to come with it's 500 billion in savings?:eusa_whistle:

Nope this is aside form any other health care reform, but is real tort reform.
Make all cases of fraud against the govt have an automatic 200% fine. and perhaps an automatic prison term and forfeiture of liscences of the the individuals/firms involved.

Too often a fine is just a cost of doing business for a corporation.

Where do all you people think all that money spent on Medicare is going?

Most of it goes to the top 20% income earners of the population, of course.

The minimum family salary to achive that top quintile is about $88,000 a year.

Now I just went out to see what the starting slaries are for MDs working at the veterans admin.

I did so thinking that they are probably not well paid compared to most MDs.

Only I cannot find our what the salaries are for MDs at the VA.

Look at this!

<H1>Implementation of Physicians’ Pay Provisions in P.L. 108-445
</H1>
I find it hard to believe that the VA can elect not to let the public know what their employees are making.

Nope this is aside form any other health care reform, but is real tort reform.
Make all cases of fraud against the govt have an automatic 200% fine. and perhaps an automatic prison term and forfeiture of liscences of the the individuals/firms involved.

Too often a fine is just a cost of doing business for a corporation.

Hmm.

Interesting. And I sat on a Jury that dealt with Medicare fraud. There are some very clever scams going..and it must be expensive as heck to root them out.

Forum List

Back