Ending Medicare..a sure fire winner for Republicans!

You mean like what ObamaCare does to come with it's 500 billion in savings?:eusa_whistle:

Nope this is aside form any other health care reform, but is real tort reform.
Make all cases of fraud against the govt have an automatic 200% fine. and perhaps an automatic prison term and forfeiture of liscences of the the individuals/firms involved.

Too often a fine is just a cost of doing business for a corporation.

Hmm.

Interesting. And I sat on a Jury that dealt with Medicare fraud. There are some very clever scams going..and it must be expensive as heck to root them out.

Yep expensive so why let them off with a slap on the wrist.
Put some fear into them to keep most from ever doing the fraud.

Where do all you people think all that money spent on Medicare is going?

Most of it goes to the top 20% income earners of the population, of course.

The minimum family salary to achive that top quintile is about $88,000 a year.

Now I just went out to see what the starting slaries are for MDs working at the veterans admin.

I did so thinking that they are probably not well paid compared to most MDs.

Only I cannot find our what the salaries are for MDs at the VA.

Look at this!

<H1>Implementation of Physicians’ Pay Provisions in P.L. 108-445
</H1>
I find it hard to believe that the VA can elect not to let the public know what their employees are making.

i don't believe that either.

interestingly, when i opened the link, i got a huge ad for GEICO.

I wonder why that was. :eusa_whistle:

Nope this is aside form any other health care reform, but is real tort reform.
Make all cases of fraud against the govt have an automatic 200% fine. and perhaps an automatic prison term and forfeiture of liscences of the the individuals/firms involved.

Too often a fine is just a cost of doing business for a corporation.

Hmm.

Interesting. And I sat on a Jury that dealt with Medicare fraud. There are some very clever scams going..and it must be expensive as heck to root them out.

Yep expensive so why let them off with a slap on the wrist.
Put some fear into them to keep most from ever doing the fraud.

Well the guy that got nailed was a Pharmacist..a white collar profession.

That must of had something to do with it.

Another novel Idea, agressively pursue Medicare/medicaid fraud.
And make laws with teeth in them to punish the offenders.
Lets say the fine is automatically 200% of the money you obtained by fraud.
Lets keep the fines from just being a cost of doing business.

You mean like what ObamaCare does to come with it's 500 billion in savings?:eusa_whistle:

yeah, that's gonna happen.

he also will refuse any money from wall st.

just like last time. :lol:

Lets just leave everything like it is,no changes at all,the heck with a bloated budget,what the heck is a deficit anyways,live for today,the heck with the future,it hasn't even happen yet right!!

Another novel Idea, agressively pursue Medicare/medicaid fraud.
And make laws with teeth in them to punish the offenders.
Lets say the fine is automatically 200% of the money you obtained by fraud.
Lets keep the fines from just being a cost of doing business.

The Jury I sat on was a "Proof of Concept" case..in that it was a brand new squad the NYPD put together. And it was a coalition of Detectives and Medicare fraud investigators.

So yeah.

I saw it happening up close and personal.

The Jury I sat on was a "Proof of Concept" case..in that it was a brand new squad the NYPD put together. And it was a coalition of Detectives and Medicare fraud investigators.

So yeah.

so they recovered 500B from this guy?

impressive

Maybe if Ryan had not included a massive tax cut for the Rich and taken defense off the table in his budget, while destroying Medicare,

he could have at least gotten a few sane people in real America to debate his plan while maintaining some semblance of a straight face (biting the lip works well).

So yeah.

impressive

How exactly do you eat an elephant?

My answer would be one bite at a time.:eusa_shhh:

Maybe if Ryan had not included a massive tax cut for the Rich and taken defense off the table in his budget, while destroying Medicare,

he could have at least gotten a few sane people in real America to debate his plan while maintaining some semblance of a straight face (biting the lip works well).

But but..that was his plan all along!:eek:

So yeah.

impressive

How exactly do you eat an elephant?

My answer would be one bite at a time.:eusa_shhh:

they've been chewing on the elephant for a long, long time.

it's called window dressing. :eusa_shhh:

How about reading the bill instead of relying on the news.
He does address defense and he is not destroying Medicare, everything needs to be cut back. I don't see any budget cuts from the Dems.
aSEC. 301. COSTS OF THE GLOBAL WAR ON TERRORISM.

In the House, if any bill, joint resolution, amendment, or conference report makes appropriations for fiscal year 2012 for the global war on terrorism and other activities and such amounts are so designated pursuant to this paragraph, then the allocation to the House Committee on Appropriations and the discretionary spending limits set forth in section 401 may be adjusted by the amounts provided in such legislation for that purpose up to the amounts of budget authority specified in section 102(21) for fiscal year 2012 and the new outlays resulting therefrom.

Last edited:
Why the Ryan Medicare reform is causing such an uproar is that it substantially increases the cost for health care insurance for the elderly, poor and disadvantaged.
Ryan's formula for the amount of the vouchers is based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The CPI measures the increase cost of all products and services inflation rates and averages the inflationary numbers in a lump sum format. For many years Medical health care insurance premiums inflationary costs has has outpaced the CPI index. So in other words, if the CPI increases by 2% and health care insurance increases by 6% over ten years, the Medicare recipient would see an increase of 40% in their out-of-pocket contribution for health care insurance.
Looking at the profile of who uses Medicare, many could not afford such increases and many would be forced to drop health care insurance entirely.

=======================
"Under the plan, the value of government payments would be capped at the rate of growth of the Consumer Price Index. If medical costs continued to grow faster than the CPI, as they have in the past, more and more of the financial burden of health care would be shifted over time to beneficiaries. A study from the Center for Economic and Policy Research, using assumptions from the Congressional Budget Office, claims that by 2022, a senior citizen at the median income would have to pay 35 percent of that income to obtain coverage equivalent to Medicare, with the figure rising to 68 percent by 2050."
Private Health Insurance | If You Want To Know How Ryan&#8217;s Medicare Plan Would Function, Look At Germany

This looks like a lose-lose for Medicare recipient and a win-win for the health care insurance companies. This plan of Ryan's in the end is just corporate welfare and actually does absolutely nothing to address the outrageous growth of health care insurance costs. It's just another step towards plutocracy and is class warfare against the middle class, the poor and elderly.

Last edited:
So, all you brilliant liberals, how many years will it be before Medicare will go bust? Obama will cut 500 billion in payments so he can lie and say it's deficit neutral, yeah that'll work. It'll be cheap but no doctors or providers will do it. Let's see, million of new uninsured people entering the healthcare system, plus the glut of boomers, but doctors and hospitals won't treat 'em for the IPAB set price of $1.95. Sure, the sick and elderly won't be paying more for health care cuz they won't be receiving any. Problem solved.

I guess we'll see when it goes bust. Wonder how many grannies will be eating cat food and how many kids will be dying in the street??

The liberals don't like Ryans plan but the only thing I've heard from the Dems is raise taxes on the "evil" rich.

Anybody see a Dem plan out there??

At the center of both issues is Medicare, the government insurance program that provides health care to 46 million elderly and disabled Americans. But it also provides a rich and steady income stream for criminals who are constantly finding new ways to steal a sizable chunk of the half trillion dollars that are paid out each year in Medicare benefits.

In fact, Medicare fraud - estimated now to total about $60 billion a year - has become one of, if not the most profitable, crimes in America.

Source

Ouch!

This isn't even a fair fight here. They are handing Obama the presidency in 2012.

I want to start a petition..lets (just this one time) make it so a person can have three terms....lol

seems fair to me.

after all, bush is getting three.

Obama started a war based on a lie?

Obama got over 4k american military members killed because of a lie?

If it ever gets that bad on Obama's watch, you could have a point.

Oh hey, can we count on your vote in 2012? :cool:

Name one of the wars that has ended in the last 3 years and when you can't do that because it has not happened I'll name 2 Obama did start...

Pakistan

Libya

Get out there and cheerlead yo warmonger!

I guess we'll see when it goes bust. Wonder how many grannies will be eating cat food and how many kids will be dying in the street??

The liberals don't like Ryan's plan but the only thing I've heard from the Dems is raise taxes on the "evil" rich.

Anybody see a Dem plan out there??

It's not just the liberals who don't like Ryan's plan. Every poll shows there is widespread opposition to Ryan's plan, even among Tea Party members.
Who in their right mind thinks Ryan's plan is good? Maybe just those who won't be affected by it because they won't need Medicare, that group is a small percentage of the population.
Obama has offered a plan of sorts but the Democrats have yet to come up with anything.
The good part of Ryan's proposal is that it started a debate.
I'm all for raising the age requirement for both Medicare and Social Security and think doing that would save lots of money

Forum List

Back