Dylan Mulvaney - probably an unpopular opinion…

Until AB tells their customers they made a huge mistake

They're not going to. The best thing they can do is move on from it and not remind people that this happened.

They're not wrong for reaching out to trans but the manner in which they did it will be debated for some time.

There's a part of me that sees society as so gullible that they'll go right back to drinking that nasty stuff if they feel like they won something by the company backpeddling a bit.

But then there's another part of me that thinks nobody's ever gonna drink that stuff again for fear of everybody lookin at em funny if they do. Heh heh...

Imagine that: Bud Light marketing VP Alissa Heinerscheid, who said the brand was “fratty” and “out of touch” and devised the much-criticized Dylan Mulvaney partnership, is taking a leave of absence.

Probably traumatized over the OTT backlash. Some of the responses (Kid Rock) was fucked up.

There's a part of me that sees society as so gullible that they'll go right back to drinking that nasty stuff if they feel like they won something by the company backpeddling a bit.

But then there's another part of me that thinks nobody's ever gonna drink that stuff again for fear of everybody lookin at em funny if they do. Heh heh...

It's ironic how conservatives crap on about cancel culture when they clearly have no problem resorting to it themselves.

This shit will blow over, though. Sales will take a hit for 3-6 months and then they'll gradually get out of the doghouse. Personally I think most AB beers are shit, but college frat boys and honky tonks don't drink beer for the taste; they drink it to get fucked up or get their dates buzzed on the cheap.

They're not going to. The best thing they can do is move on from it and not remind people that this happened.

They're not wrong for reaching out to trans but the manner in which they did it will be debated for some time.

Sure, nobody is buying queerbeer.

Great job

They thought about a potential new demographic: transgendered folk. They clearly did not anticipate the degree to which the Joe Rust Belt demographic would lose its shit.

This will be turned into a case study at Harvard Business School some day.
If a company wants to push their products to a demographic that doesn't even exist -ie: transgenders - then more power to them.

Forum List

Back