Don't Waste Your Votes on Dems or Reps

I would like to add this. The ONLY way a third party succeeds in this country is by knocking off one of the "big two."

The last time that happened was in late 1850s (for the election of 1860).

The two main parties, at the time, were the Democrat party and the Whigg Party.

The Republican party WAS the third party at the time.

But the Democrat party was fully on the side of slavery.

The Whigg party tried to go Democrat "lite." (are you listening moderates and RINOS who think conservatism in the Republican party is too extreme?)

The Whigg party tried to have it both ways. "Okay we will allow slavery to remain in the South, but we will keep it from happening in North and in any New State that joins the Union."

That wasn't enough of an alternative to many voters. They wanted a clear alternative to the Pro-Slavery Democrats.

THEN there was this New Party who's sole issue (at the time) was abolition! It's champion, Abraham Lincoln. It was called the Republican Party.

The voters went for the alternative! Lincoln won in 1860.

THAT is the ONLY way a third party will succeed, is knocking off one of the big two and BECOMING one of the big two.

Considering it's been 151 years since that has happened, it's not likely to happen again, unless there is a volatile issue like slavery and the big two parties do not offer enough of alternatives to the voters and they look to another party for that alternative.

It has been obvious to me for thirty years that the Dems + Reps are both corrupt. I stopped choosing between them a long time ago and have always voted for Independents or third party candidates. I just have to shake my head at the 99% of voters who keep making the same mistake and voting against themselves by choosing the supposed lesser of two evils.

What will it take for the masses to realize they can vote the liars and thieves out of our government simply by voting for Independents? How difficult is it for people to accept the fact that all of the TV hype for the Dems versus the Reps cons us into making the idiotic choice to pick one of them instead of voting against both corrupt parties? Can't people understand that it makes absolutely no difference which one of those corrupt parties wins? Can't they see that both parties are owned by bankers and corporations and that they both work against average citizens to make the bankers and corporations richer?

I ask all of you to break free of the hype that cons you into throwing your votes away by making the idiotic choice of voting for Dems or Reps. I'm running. Write me in. Here's my platform. (Sorry, the forum won't let me post any links until I write 15 posts.) Maybe someone will post the link for me. it's johnbestjr at blogspot dot com

Look voting third party doesn't WORK. It never works!

I can give you instance after instance from Theodore Roosevelt's Bull Moose Party to Ralph Nader's green party. IT DOESN'T WORK.

All third party's running for president EVER accomplish is getting the very guy they DON'T WANT elected.

The last example is Ralph Nader whose green party split the liberal vote and allowed George Bush to win in 2000.

Or Ross Perot, who split the Republican vote and allowed Bill Clinton to win.

That's all third parties ever accomplish.

There is a reason there is a two party system in this country. Because we have example after example from Europe that more than two parties doesn't work.

One of the reasons Nazis were able to take over in Germany, despite them never getting more than 30% of the vote, is despite getting only 30% of the vote, there were so many parties, that still gave the Nazi Party the majority in Parliment.

And they kept things locked up so badly, the Parliment simply voted to dissolve.

Obama whines about gridlock. He doesn't know what real gridlock is.

Our system works. It is NOT perfect by any means. But those whining in the fringes always talk about the problems. They never offer solutions beyond their fantasies about "If all the American people simply agree with me, THEN this will happen."

But most people are NOT independents, they aren't likely to become indepdendents and thus your fantasy is not like to happen.

Back to reality then! I'm voting Republican.

The Democrats and the Republicans both suck. Don't vote against Romney. Don't vote against Obama.

Vote for somebody.

You miss the point. Dems and Reps are the same party, owned and operated by Rothschild. You have to vote against both if them or Rothschild remains as our President.

Rothschild??????????? OH GOOD LORD!

THIS NUT THINKS IT'S A JEWISH CONSPIRACY! LOL!

IT'S DA JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wright2.jpg

Go peddle your wares somewhere else you anti-semitic Jew hating whack! And to think I took you seriously and tried to school you in some actual history.

What a waste of my talents and time.

blame-jews1.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
It has been obvious to me for thirty years that the Dems + Reps are both corrupt. I stopped choosing between them a long time ago and have always voted for Independents or third party candidates. I just have to shake my head at the 99% of voters who keep making the same mistake and voting against themselves by choosing the supposed lesser of two evils.

What will it take for the masses to realize they can vote the liars and thieves out of our government simply by voting for Independents? How difficult is it for people to accept the fact that all of the TV hype for the Dems versus the Reps cons us into making the idiotic choice to pick one of them instead of voting against both corrupt parties? Can't people understand that it makes absolutely no difference which one of those corrupt parties wins? Can't they see that both parties are owned by bankers and corporations and that they both work against average citizens to make the bankers and corporations richer?

I ask all of you to break free of the hype that cons you into throwing your votes away by making the idiotic choice of voting for Dems or Reps. I'm running. Write me in. Here's my platform. (Sorry, the forum won't let me post any links until I write 15 posts.) Maybe someone will post the link for me. it's johnbestjr at blogspot dot com

I can give you instance after instance from Theodore Roosevelt's Bull Moose Party to Ralph Nader's green party. IT DOESN'T WORK.

All third party's running for president EVER accomplish is getting the very guy they DON'T WANT elected.

The last example is Ralph Nader whose green party split the liberal vote and allowed George Bush to win in 2000.

There is a reason there is a two party system in this country. Because we have example after example from Europe that more than two parties doesn't work.

One of the reasons Nazis were able to take over in Germany, despite them never getting more than 30% of the vote, is despite getting only 30% of the vote, there were so many parties, that still gave the Nazi Party the majority in Parliment.

And they kept things locked up so badly, the Parliment simply voted to dissolve.

Our system works. It is NOT perfect by any means. But those whining in the fringes always talk about the problems. They never offer solutions beyond their fantasies about "If all the American people simply agree with me, THEN this will happen."

But most people are NOT independents, they aren't likely to become indepdendents and thus your fantasy is not like to happen.

The Democrats and the Republicans both suck. Don't vote against Romney. Don't vote against Obama.

Vote for somebody.

And split the vote and GUARANTEE Obama will be president.

DID ANYTHING I SAID TO YOU SINK IN?

Voting third party doesn't WORK!

How is anything I say fascist? I think the words I used support pure freedom, especially freedom from bankers? Maybe calling me a fascist is a good thing to do if you want to keep the status quo. Name calling usually fools a few people.

Freedom from Bankers? You mean, close your accounts? Cut up your Credit Cards? Why not just support Fair Trade? Reasonable Regulation? There are many things inaccessible to most of us without Banks, both in relation to lending, and Commerce. They do serve legitimate functions, in relation to quality of life.

I see "Fair Trade" as a euphimism for slave labor. I'd take control of every corporation and give it to the employees, ban CEO's. Banks won't be needed except as a place to store cash safely.

You have a real fantasy world going there.

Oh and it works, just like GM. Oh wait that didn't work. It's just being propped up. Evidence? Just say Chevy Volt.

Take companies away from the people who risked their money and their futures to build it up and give it to people who have no freaking idea how to run the companies. In the interests of "fairness."

Great idea! Yeah! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry to be a skeptic, but it just doesn't work outside of the occasional surprise. Here is the biggest problem; if everyone started voting for libertarian candidates, then all of a sudden the Libertarian Party would become a major party. Then guess what would happen next? It would become just the same as the Democratic or Republican Party. We need to quit blaming the parties and start blaming the people within those parties who do not govern as they promised. Just being independent does not make a person any better than one aligned with a political party.

guess who doesnt want people to vote?

the same people who try to gleen voters off the rolls with voter purges.

Guess which party wants MORE and MORE people to vote?

Anyone who tells you NOT to vote or tells you to vote in some way that will be meaningless is not on your side.

The reps and the dems are the two most corrupt parties in the history of our nation. Voting for either of those parties in voting for an end to the USA. I'd rather vote for "none of the above" at least then I'm not responsible for the downfall of the country. I think voting for either of those parties IS wasting your vote and making you partly responsible for the death of your country. Go for it though, buy the line put out by both the dems and reps that if you don't vote for either of them you are wasting your vote. Ever notice how big business, banks, etc, always donate to BOTH parties and BOTH candidates. Doesn't matter if it's a dem or a rep who wins, it's always big business that wins as they've paid for those candidates.

You miss the point. Dems and Reps are the same party, owned and operated by Rothschild. You have to vote against both if them or Rothschild remains as our President.

Rothschild??????????? OH GOOD LORD!

THIS NUT THINKS IT'S A JEWISH CONSPIRACY! LOL!

IT'S DA JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go peddle your wares somewhere else you anti-semitic Jew hating whack! And to think I took you seriously and tried to school you in some actual history.

What a waste of my talents and time.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I like critics who call me names and ascribe prejudice to me for which there is zero evidence. The Rothschild's are not Jewish. Whatever religion or lack of religion is common among bankers has nothing to do with the criminal usury committed by those bankers. But people who want to score points with name-calling pretend they can't understand that. Thanks for trying to derail the thread with nonsense.

Now, do you have any opinion of how to resolve the corruption that is being perpetrated against us by the Dems and Reps?

Sorry to be a skeptic, but it just doesn't work outside of the occasional surprise. Here is the biggest problem; if everyone started voting for libertarian candidates, then all of a sudden the Libertarian Party would become a major party. Then guess what would happen next? It would become just the same as the Democratic or Republican Party. We need to quit blaming the parties and start blaming the people within those parties who do not govern as they promised. Just being independent does not make a person any better than one aligned with a political party.

I respectfully disagree. I haven't been bribed to misrepresent the masses as my opponents have. You're generalizing to avoid beating the dems and reps. That negativity never solved any problem.

How is anything I say fascist? I think the words I used support pure freedom, especially freedom from bankers? Maybe calling me a fascist is a good thing to do if you want to keep the status quo. Name calling usually fools a few people.

Well, let's see. You want to nationalize corporations, the media and the banks, declare all mortgages null and void and reinstate homesteading on the ensuing chaos, ban a random list of shit you don't like, etc... . "Fascism" is a broad term and people differ on its meaning, so I'll drop it if you like. Let's replace it with something more descriptive. How about "naive, simplistic, authoritarian and ridiculous"?

Last edited:
Freedom from Bankers? You mean, close your accounts? Cut up your Credit Cards? Why not just support Fair Trade? Reasonable Regulation? There are many things inaccessible to most of us without Banks, both in relation to lending, and Commerce. They do serve legitimate functions, in relation to quality of life.

I see "Fair Trade" as a euphimism for slave labor. I'd take control of every corporation and give it to the employees, ban CEO's. Banks won't be needed except as a place to store cash safely.

You have a real fantasy world going there.

Oh and it works, just like GM. Oh wait that didn't work. It's just being propped up. Evidence? Just say Chevy Volt.

Take companies away from the people who risked their money and their futures to build it up and give it to people who have no freaking idea how to run the companies. In the interests of "fairness."

Great idea! Yeah! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

They didn't risk their own money. They risked investors' money. They paid themselves billions in salaries instead of giving investors a fair return. They're dishonest in every way you can imagine and they need to be locked up, not rewarded for robbing the whole planet.

Who do you suggest we "waste" the votes on, then?

Well, let's see. You want to nationalize corporations, the media and the banks, declare all mortgages null and void and reinstate homesteading on the ensuing chaos, ban a random list of shit you don't like. "Fascism" is a broad term and people differ on its meaning, so I'll drop it if you like. Let's replace it with something more descriptive. How about "naive, simplistic, authoritarian and ridiculous"?

You're trying to misquote me. Turning corporations into co-ops is not nationalizing them. Ending homelessness and usury to bankers will not result in any chaos unless you're a banker. Then, you're screwed.

How about "For the People"? I think that's a better term for what I propose than the disingenuous junk you're trying to ascribe to me. Do you like being robbed by corrupt dems and reps?

Try rereading what I said and you'll find the answer to your question. I asked you to write me in.

Vote for somebody.

And split the vote and GUARANTEE Obama will be president.

DID ANYTHING I SAID TO YOU SINK IN?

Voting third party doesn't WORK!

Obama, Romney, it doesn't matter. Nothing will change either way. They are both owned by the same people.

The valid point that the OP raises, is that we've got to get over the delusion that a vote for a candidate who doesn't win is "wasted". It's not. It's an important expression of support for what you believe in. It's the most important means we have of influencing government. If we treat it like a bet on a horse race, with the goal of picking the winner, then we're defeating the entire purpose of voting.

How about "For the People"? I think that's a better term for what I propose than the disingenuous junk you're trying to ascribe to me. Do you like being robbed by corrupt dems and reps?

Nope. And I appreciate your spirit here. I just think your ideas are naive and would be very dangerous if pursued as practical policy.

This is why the political process is in trouble. Instead of picking a political party that shares his views and working within the system to try to get the best candidate the guy throws his vote away with a third party. If you think the system is corrupt ...fix it. Get in the game and try to get the grass roots candidates you think represent your values. Wait a minute, isn't that why the Tea Party is being attacked by the left wing? The dirty little secret is that libs like a little corruption. They thrive on unrest and discontent. That's how they envision their little revolution that Bill Ayers started.

Forum List

Back