Don't Waste Your Votes on Dems or Reps

It has been obvious to me for thirty years that the Dems + Reps are both corrupt. I stopped choosing between them a long time ago and have always voted for Independents or third party candidates. I just have to shake my head at the 99% of voters who keep making the same mistake and voting against themselves by choosing the supposed lesser of two evils.

What will it take for the masses to realize they can vote the liars and thieves out of our government simply by voting for Independents? How difficult is it for people to accept the fact that all of the TV hype for the Dems versus the Reps cons us into making the idiotic choice to pick one of them instead of voting against both corrupt parties? Can't people understand that it makes absolutely no difference which one of those corrupt parties wins? Can't they see that both parties are owned by bankers and corporations and that they both work against average citizens to make the bankers and corporations richer?

I ask all of you to break free of the hype that cons you into throwing your votes away by making the idiotic choice of voting for Dems or Reps. I'm running. Write me in. Here's my platform. (Sorry, the forum won't let me post any links until I write 15 posts.) Maybe someone will post the link for me. it's johnbestjr at blogspot dot com

Who do you suggest we "waste" the votes on, then?

The valid point that the OP raises, is that we've got to get over the delusion that a vote for a candidate who doesn't win is "wasted". It's not. It's an important expression of support for what you believe in. It's the most important means we have of influencing government. If we treat it like a bet on a horse race, with the goal of picking the winner, then we're defeating the entire purpose of voting.

...we've got to get over the delusion that a vote for a candidate who doesn't win is "wasted".

Do you mean like all those people who wasted their vote on McCain?

This is why the political process is in trouble. Instead of picking a political party that shares his views and working within the system to try to get the best candidate the guy throws his vote away with a third party. If you think the system is corrupt ...fix it. Get in the game and try to get the grass roots candidates you think represent your values. Wait a minute, isn't that why the Tea Party is being attacked by the left wing? The dirty little secret is that libs like a little corruption. They thrive on unrest and discontent. That's how they envision their little revolution that Bill Ayers started.

The point is, both major parties have been co-opted by the same corrupting forces. Playing us against each other, keeping us distracted with phony, partisan pissing matches is the ruse we need to work around. One way to do that is to refuse to vote for either party if they don't govern as we want them to. Another is to work to change them from the inside. I recommend fighting on both fronts. That's why I support Ron Paul's efforts to change the Repubs, even though I could never waste my vote on a candidate like Romney.

The valid point that the OP raises, is that we've got to get over the delusion that a vote for a candidate who doesn't win is "wasted". It's not. It's an important expression of support for what you believe in. It's the most important means we have of influencing government. If we treat it like a bet on a horse race, with the goal of picking the winner, then we're defeating the entire purpose of voting.

...we've got to get over the delusion that a vote for a candidate who doesn't win is "wasted".

Do you mean like all those people who wasted their vote on McCain?

Exactly.

How about "For the People"? I think that's a better term for what I propose than the disingenuous junk you're trying to ascribe to me. Do you like being robbed by corrupt dems and reps?

Nope. And I appreciate your spirit here. I just think your ideas are naive and would be very dangerous if pursued as practical policy.

You can convince yourself that simple solutions are naive if you think you have to remain within a corrupt system to solve a problem. I reject the corrupt system completely. The solutions really are very simple.

It has been obvious to me for thirty years that the Dems + Reps are both corrupt. I stopped choosing between them a long time ago and have always voted for Independents or third party candidates. I just have to shake my head at the 99% of voters who keep making the same mistake and voting against themselves by choosing the supposed lesser of two evils.

What will it take for the masses to realize they can vote the liars and thieves out of our government simply by voting for Independents? How difficult is it for people to accept the fact that all of the TV hype for the Dems versus the Reps cons us into making the idiotic choice to pick one of them instead of voting against both corrupt parties? Can't people understand that it makes absolutely no difference which one of those corrupt parties wins? Can't they see that both parties are owned by bankers and corporations and that they both work against average citizens to make the bankers and corporations richer?

I ask all of you to break free of the hype that cons you into throwing your votes away by making the idiotic choice of voting for Dems or Reps. I'm running. Write me in. Here's my platform. (Sorry, the forum won't let me post any links until I write 15 posts.) Maybe someone will post the link for me. it's johnbestjr at blogspot dot com

This is why the political process is in trouble. Instead of picking a political party that shares his views and working within the system to try to get the best candidate the guy throws his vote away with a third party. If you think the system is corrupt ...fix it. Get in the game and try to get the grass roots candidates you think represent your values. Wait a minute, isn't that why the Tea Party is being attacked by the left wing? The dirty little secret is that libs like a little corruption. They thrive on unrest and discontent. That's how they envision their little revolution that Bill Ayers started.

LOL, you think honest people can work within a corrupt system that only allows paid stooges to represent dishonest interests? Wrong. The dems and reps and everything they allegedly stand for have to go. The only way you can throw your vote away is to vote for a dem or a rep.

Try rereading what I said and you'll find the answer to your question. I asked you to write me in.

See, but that WOULD be a wasted vote.

No thanks.

I'll SPEND my vote for on the futile gesture (here in the liberal hell of the Empire State) of voting AGAINST the re-election of The ONE.

The point is, both major parties have been co-opted by the same corrupting forces. Playing us against each other, keeping us distracted with phony, partisan pissing matches is the ruse we need to work around. One way to do that is to refuse to vote for either party if they don't govern as we want them to. Another is to work to change them from the inside. I recommend fighting on both fronts. That's why I support Ron Paul's efforts to change the Repubs, even though I could never waste my vote on a candidate like Romney.

"Corrupting forces" r us. Lobbyists ain't your enemy and banks and corporations ain't your enemy either. Maybe some politicians get too comfortable in office but that's what grass roots activism tries to fix. The Tea Party is the best thing that happened to the political process in years but lazy voters prefer to whine about the system, attack the Tea Party and claim that dumb assed 3rd party candidates that nobody trusts are the best qualified. It doesn't make much sense on a lot of levels.

Try rereading what I said and you'll find the answer to your question. I asked you to write me in.

No thanks.

I'll SPEND my vote for on the futile gesture (here in the liberal hell of the Empire State) of voting AGAINST the re-election of The ONE.

Your vote against Rothschild is a vote for Rothschild. Please learn that Obama and Romney are both his employees.

Republicans are 90% white and vote white no matter how their leaders screw them over. Democrats are a coalition party. That means everyone, good and bad. You can't compare the two.

and yet you will vote for Democrats because thats who you have been told to vote for....even if you felt some non-Democrat was a much better choice for the Country....you will still vote Democrat....your mind just will not let you.....prove me wrong Dean....i bet you cant.....

Republicans are 90% white and vote white no matter how their leaders screw them over. Democrats are a coalition party. That means everyone, good and bad. You can't compare the two.

Enter DERP and the RACE card again played.

but he is not a bigot T.....just ask him.....he will tell ya....

Look voting third party doesn't WORK. It never works!

I can give you instance after instance from Theodore Roosevelt's Bull Moose Party to Ralph Nader's green party. IT DOESN'T WORK.

All third party's running for president EVER accomplish is getting the very guy they DON'T WANT elected.

The last example is Ralph Nader whose green party split the liberal vote and allowed George Bush to win in 2000.

Or Ross Perot, who split the Republican vote and allowed Bill Clinton to win.

That's all third parties ever accomplish.

There is a reason there is a two party system in this country. Because we have example after example from Europe that more than two parties doesn't work.

One of the reasons Nazis were able to take over in Germany, despite them never getting more than 30% of the vote, is despite getting only 30% of the vote, there were so many parties, that still gave the Nazi Party the majority in Parliment.

And they kept things locked up so badly, the Parliment simply voted to dissolve.

Obama whines about gridlock. He doesn't know what real gridlock is.

Our system works. It is NOT perfect by any means. But those whining in the fringes always talk about the problems. They never offer solutions beyond their fantasies about "If all the American people simply agree with me, THEN this will happen."

But most people are NOT independents, they aren't likely to become indepdendents and thus your fantasy is not like to happen.

Back to reality then! I'm voting Republican.

The Democrats and the Republicans both suck. Don't vote against Romney. Don't vote against Obama.

Vote for somebody.

if you want change its the only way to get it.....the two Parties will never change how they are unless they feel threatened by another party.....

No thanks.

Your vote against Rothschild is a vote for Rothschild. Please learn that Obama and Romney are both his employees.

I am sick to death of you AlexJones type conspiracy theory whack jobs.

Fuck you and your bullshit about the Rothschilds, you fucking idiot.

No thanks.

I am sick to death of you AlexJones type conspiracy theory whack jobs.

Fuck you and your bullshit about the Rothschilds, you fucking idiot.

Alex Jones NUTJOB...no shit...:badgrin:

Look voting third party doesn't WORK. It never works!

I can give you instance after instance from Theodore Roosevelt's Bull Moose Party to Ralph Nader's green party. IT DOESN'T WORK.

All third party's running for president EVER accomplish is getting the very guy they DON'T WANT elected.

The last example is Ralph Nader whose green party split the liberal vote and allowed George Bush to win in 2000.

Or Ross Perot, who split the Republican vote and allowed Bill Clinton to win.

That's all third parties ever accomplish.

There is a reason there is a two party system in this country. Because we have example after example from Europe that more than two parties doesn't work.

One of the reasons Nazis were able to take over in Germany, despite them never getting more than 30% of the vote, is despite getting only 30% of the vote, there were so many parties, that still gave the Nazi Party the majority in Parliment.

And they kept things locked up so badly, the Parliment simply voted to dissolve.

Obama whines about gridlock. He doesn't know what real gridlock is.

Our system works. It is NOT perfect by any means. But those whining in the fringes always talk about the problems. They never offer solutions beyond their fantasies about "If all the American people simply agree with me, THEN this will happen."

But most people are NOT independents, they aren't likely to become indepdendents and thus your fantasy is not like to happen.

Back to reality then! I'm voting Republican.

The Democrats and the Republicans both suck. Don't vote against Romney. Don't vote against Obama.

Vote for somebody.

And split the vote and GUARANTEE Obama will be president.

DID ANYTHING I SAID TO YOU SINK IN?

Voting third party doesn't WORK!

because people with your attitude wont let it work......you will vote for the same assholes and then spend the next 4 years bitching about whats not being done....

Unfortunately, you can't do that.

Fortunately, I can.

No, you can't. Our system doesn't allow for that kind of vote. Some do. In some voting systems you could cast an 'anybody-but-Obama' vote (approval voting, for example). But under our voting process, you can only vote for one candidate. You can choose to see that as a vote against another candidate if you wish, but it's a vote against every other candidate - even those you might like better than the one you're actually voting for.

A vote for Romney is a vote for Romney. And it makes it more likely we'll see future candidates like Romney.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back