Don't Trick or Treat to Strangers

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
This year, like all before it, the stores are full of Halloween costumes. All ready for the kids to go out trick or treating. A word of CAUTION, though. We're not living in the same era as when I was a kid, and we went out trick or treating, all over the neighborhood. Things were a lot more innocent back in those 1950s days.

Well, they're not quite that way nowadays. We've got perverts, jihadists, junkies, kidnappers, and God knows what else. So, kids going around door to door to strangers' homes is a bad idea (even if the parents are with them - they could get assaulted too)

Best way to do it for 2014 Halloween, is >

1. Have the parents go with the kids.

2. Only go to homes of friends and neighbors (who you know well).

3. Have a Halloween party in your home to add to the holiday spirit, and make up for the shrunken trick or treating.

Note: last Halloween, a guy showed up at my door in a Halloween costume, saying "trick or treat", who was 6 feet tall and had a goatee. I asked him > "Aren't you a little OLD to be trick or treating ?"Ha Ha.

He said he was 15. I told him he really ought to consider making this his last time around for T or T. I still gave him some candy anyway, just for the balls he had to do it. But all you teenagers out there >> You're too old for T or T. Trick or Treat is really a little kids' thing.

Forum List

Back