Does Evolution Lead to Fear of Aliens?

Any alien species, assuming they exist, that are capable of interstellar or intergalactic travel would certainly be far more advanced than we are.

That makes perfect sense.

If that is true then they would have noticed that this planet was teeming with life long before any human being ever wondered what a fart was.
You two might as well forget about the feasibility of interstellar or intergalactic travel. Any object with mass will have its mass approach infinity as it nears the speed of light, thus requiring infinite energy to continue accelerating towards the speed of light.

Maybe but then again maybe an advanced alien species knows something we don't

This is your opinion based on vastness of space. This is what atheist scientist Carl Sagan believed. He would not accept UFO sightings as he thought they were unreliable. It means there wasn't a sighting that a scientist would accept unless he was a weirdo. First, show us there's an advanced alien species. Can you show a single-cell one? Oh yeah, Carl Sagan sent time capsules into space for intelligent aliens to find, but still no response. He died with no evidence of aliens. I would think so would you.

Extreme Plastic Surgery makes me afraid of AWIENS!

3DDDA75500000578-4274396-image-a-3_1488447860856-1.jpg

Man spends $50,000 to transform into a 'genderless' ALIEN | Daily Mail Online

Any alien species, assuming they exist, that are capable of interstellar or intergalactic travel would certainly be far more advanced than we are.

If that is true then they would have noticed that this planet was teeming with life long before any human being ever wondered what a fart was.
You two might as well forget about the feasibility of interstellar or intergalactic travel. Any object with mass will have its mass approach infinity as it nears the speed of light, thus requiring infinite energy to continue accelerating towards the speed of light.

This is your opinion based on vastness of space. This is what atheist scientist Carl Sagan believed. He would not accept UFO sightings as he thought they were unreliable. It means there wasn't a sighting that a scientist would accept unless he was a weirdo. First, show us there's an advanced alien species. Can you show a single-cell one? Oh yeah, Carl Sagan sent time capsules into space for intelligent aliens to find, but still no response. He died with no evidence of aliens. I would think so would you.
I have no illusions that we will ever meet an alien species

If you'll noticed I qualified the statement you are responding to with "assuming they exist"
I do not doubt that somewhere in the universe another life form exists whether we will ever know that before we go extinct is another matter altogether

lol creation scientists

It wasn't that long ago before the dinosaurs walked the earth. You only been led to believe it was 245 million years ago.

As for evidence, there is the Bible. There is the Resurrection. There is Genesis theory which won't be peer-reviewed by secular (atheist) scientists, but has been peer-reviewed by creation scientists. Thus, it's not my opinion but I think yours is.

proof again, quackery is a self directed manifestation of delusion ... to gain approval.

Quackery has to do with doctors, not scientists.
th

There is evidence for Genesis in the Big Bang Theory. It's starting to fit what is written in the Bible even though it's not a science book. Atheist scientists usually end up taking stuff from the creation scientists as such to back their BBT.

We fear the darkness, and the unknown, as a matter of survival. If we were supernatural and impervious to death, we could be as stupid and naive as a liberal and dole out trust and forgiveness till doomsday.

Kennedy: Well, Chief. Do you have an advice for Great White Father in Washington?
Chief: Yea, watch your immigration laws.

5046edbebdc41d2f6f9b2340003bea46.jpg

8763-hawking.jpg

Renowned celebrity physicist Stephen Hawking is at the forefront of the search for extra-terrestrial life. But he warns against making contact with aliens as he fears they will be two-billion-years ‘more evolved’.

"Time and again I am confronted with the view from young people that “Of course there are aliens out there. We can’t be the only ones.” This is a surprise to many of the older church folk in my acquaintance. However, CMI’s UFO authority, Gary Bates, indicates that in his experience belief in aliens can be found across all age groups—including churchgoers. Surveys estimate that more than 80% of Western peoples believe that ET is ‘out there somewhere’ which presumably encapsulates a lot of believers also.1 But many young folk in particular have been influenced by science fiction notions of aliens traversing the galaxy in their faster-than-light spaceships and advanced weaponry. And older folk are especially surprised to see that young people’s belief in extra-terrestrials often goes hand-in-hand with a morbid fear of what aliens will do to them.

Belief in aliens—and fear arising from that—is a logical outflow of our young people having been sold the idea that we are the result of evolution, not creation. Life evolved on Earth (the argument says), therefore elsewhere in the universe—billions of years older than our solar system according to evolutionary reckoning—it would surely have evolved there, too.2 As well-known Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) researcher Seth Shostak said when asked why he believed in the existence of intelligent extraterrestrials:

By hawking evolution to a vulnerable public, they’re also hawking fear of aliens, too
“To believe that they don’t exist requires positing that what’s happened on Earth is some sort of miracle. I find that premise a tougher sell than to think that intelligence is a fairly frequent development in a 14-billion-year-old cosmos.”3"

It's amusing in that it's science fiction, but I also know that people who believe in other people will believe it no matter how smart they think they are. To believe that they don't exist means that some kind of miracle happened on Earth.

1. Bates, G., and Cosner, L., UFOlogy: the world’s fastest-growing ‘scientific’ religion?, 2016; creation.com/ufology. ET needed evolution, 2016; creation.com/et-evolution.
  2. DiGregorio, B., Interview: The alien hunter, New Scientist 199(2674):42–43, September 2008; newscientist.com.
  3. DiGregorio, B., Interview: The alien hunter, New Scientist 199(2674):42–43, September 2008; newscientist.com.
Full article here
Hawking fear of aliens - creation.com

Fear of aliens? I fear for the aliens if they ever find us.

Universal health care anyone?

Frightening stuff.

If you'll noticed I qualified the statement you are responding to with "assuming they exist"
I do not doubt that somewhere in the universe another life form exists whether we will ever know that before we go extinct is another matter altogether

My bad. I was more open minded about aliens and another life form existing until I heard the fine tuning theory. Now I tend to doubt it. If there is, then there would be a good chance it escaped from our planet. For example, if we found bacteria growing on the moon. Moon Microbe Mystery Finally Solved

p07-151021-obama.jpg

Come out!

You can't hide from me forever

Racists!

Last edited:

My bad. I was more open minded about aliens and another life form existing until I heard the fine tuning theory. Now I tend to doubt it. If there is, then there would be a good chance it escaped from our planet. For example, if we found bacteria growing on the moon. Moon Microbe Mystery Finally Solved

I think extrapolating the properties of the entire universe from our most minuscule little corner of it to be an error.

We fear the darkness, and the unknown, as a matter of survival. If we were supernatural and impervious to death, we could be as stupid and naive as a liberal and dole out trust and forgiveness till doomsday.
If only that was all they did. Trust and forgiveness are successful behaviors when done for good reason.

If only that was all they did. Trust and forgiveness are successful behaviors when done for good reason.
Perhaps in the abstract in the human sphere. In the realist sense, the dodo was a naive and trusting animal.

Like what? How to defy the laws of physics? Let's say space time folds over itself to create a shortcut, ok? Do you have any idea at all what causes that to happen? I do. Space time is warped because of matter. To cause space time to fold over itself there would by humongous gravitational forces at play. Try going through that. You would be ripped apart.

you mean the laws of physics as we understand them. Do you really think we know absolutely everything about the universe and its workings?

I for one am not so arrogant
Ok, so then you are saying that the Theory of General Relativity has exceptions?

Forum List

Back