Nobody knows but Jesus

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
This February 28th Mrs. Cowman devotion emphasizes the fact that God's eye sees everything. While others may not know what you are going through, Jesus knows. We can praise God in every storm because He is in full control. It is good to praise God in the midst of the storm!

Let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually (Heb. 13:15).

A city missionary, stumbling through the dirt of a dark entry, heard a voice say, "Who's there, Honey?" Striking a match, he caught a vision of earthly want and suffering, of saintly trust and peace, "cut in ebony"--calm, appealing eyes set amid the wrinkles of a pinched, black face that lay on a tattered bed. It was a bitter night in February, and she had no fire, no fuel, no light. She had had no supper, no dinner, no breakfast. She seemed to have nothing at all but rheumatism and faith in God. One could not well be more completely exiled from all pleasantness of circumstances, yet the favorite song of this old creature ran:

Nobody knows de trouble I see,
Nobody knows but Jesus;
Nobody knows de trouble I see--
Sing Glory Hallelu!

Sometimes I'm up, sometimes I'm down,
Sometimes I'm level on the groun',
Sometimes the glory shines aroun'
Sing Glory Hallelu!

And so it went on: "Nobody knows de work I does, Nobody knows de griefs I has," the constant refrain being the "Glory Hallelu!" until the last verse rose:

Nobody knows de joys I has,
Nobody knows but Jesus!

"Troubled on every side, yet not distressed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed." It takes great Bible words to tell the cheer of that old negro auntie.

Remember Luther on his sick-bed. Between his groans he managed to preach on this wise: "These pains and trouble here are like the type which the printers set; as they look now, we have to read them backwards, and they seem to have no sense or meaning in them; but up yonder, when the Lord God prints us off in the life to come, we shall find they make brave reading." Only we do not need to wait till then.

Remember Paul walking the hurricane deck amid a boiling sea, bidding the frightened crew "Be of good cheer," Luther, the old negro auntie--all of them human sun-flowers.
--Wm. G. Garnett

http://www.christianbook.com/stream...780310607052/pd/607053?item_code=WW&p=1025023

Streams in the Desert - February 28

Humanity began to go astray once this male dominator god perceptual reality emerged; this concept of the creator in human form.

While it's a heartbreaking story, it's one that's good for the soul. One of the most difficult things is to believe in Jesus when one is down and out in their own lives. Yet, "Nobody knows but Jesus!"

"Troubled on every side, yet not distressed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed."

When people are suffering they may feel that God is very far away but that is the very time He is the closest to them. Sometimes they just don't realize it.

Humanity began to go astray once this male dominator god perceptual reality emerged; this concept of the creator in human form.

The evolutionists went astray several times though. The first time when they thought humans came from fish. After that they came up the racist monkey idea.

The evolutionists went astray several times though. The first time when they thought humans came from fish. After that they came up the racist monkey idea.
So....you admit to not knowing what Evolution is.

Evolution is when anything from a less advanced state to a more advanced state. I suspect you are the one who does not know what evolution is. Evolution has been occurring since the beginning of time. First matter, then life and finally consciousness.

Evolution is when anything from a less advanced state to a more advanced state. I suspect you are the one who does not know what evolution is. Evolution has been occurring since the beginning of time. First matter, then life and finally consciousness.

No. Evolution has no connection to any direction at all in terms of your "less advanced state to a more advanced state."

No. Evolution has no connection to any direction at all in terms of your "less advanced state to a more advanced state."
Sure it does. Are you evolving as a human being or are you devolving a human being?

Sure it does. Are you evolving as a human being or are you devolving a human being?

There, that's it. Your male domnator god perceptual reality views hominids as the end all be all of any "advancement".

There, that's it. Your male domnator god perceptual reality views hominids as the end all be all of any "advancement".
Why are you unnecessarily limiting evolution? Did sub atomic particles not evolve into hydrogen and helium? Did hydrogen and helium not evolve into stellar structures? Did the elements beyond helium not evolve from hydrogen and helium? Are any of these examples, examples of matter evolving to a less advanced or complex state? Tell me where I am wrong?

Why are you unnecessarily limiting evolution? Did sub atomic particles not evolve into hydrogen and helium? Did hydrogen and helium not evolve into stellar structures? Did the elements beyond helium not evolve from hydrogen and helium? Are any of these examples, examples of matter evolving to a less advanced or complex state? Tell me where I am wrong?

For starters, evolution involves biological systems, and you're not even in the right ball park. Matter is always moving toward entropy sans an input of energy which is required to interrupt entropy and yield a shift to a more organized state.

For starters, evolution involves biological systems, and you're not even in the right ball park. Matter is always moving toward entropy sans an input of energy which is required to interrupt entropy and yield a shift to a more organized state.
If matter did not evolve from a less complex state to a more complex state everything would still be sub atomic particles. If you are truly interested in proving the existence of God you will have to understand the evolution of creation from the beginning to now. There is no other way.

If matter did not evolve from a less complex state to a more complex state everything would still be sub atomic particles.

That's not evolution pard, sorry.

If matter did not evolve from a less complex state to a more complex state everything would still be sub atomic particles.

Sure, it is. Do you believe Darwin invented the term?

ev·o·lu·tion
ˌevəˈlo͞oSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth.
    synonyms: Darwinism, natural selection
    "his interest in evolution"
  2. 2.
    the gradual development of something, especially from a simple to a more complex form.
    "the forms of written languages undergo constant evolution"
    synonyms: development, advancement, growth, rise, progress, expansion, unfolding; More

To the contrary, I know it too well -- evolution.berkeley.edu .

Rather splendidly.

It's even more funny coming from you, FL.

There's evolution biology and evolutionary thinking. The evo bio people just do not want to admit it.

Forum List

Back